It's Hard To Find Females That Like Sikh Men

Guest _SINgh_

Guest _SINgh_

I wanted to raise a point that it's very hard to find girls / women that like Sikh men with turbans and even harder to find someone who plans on taking Amrit.

As Sikh's we focus so much on boys / men that we sometimes forget about the girls / women and we don't instill the values of Sikhi within many. For some reason the pressure is only on Sikh boys / men to live up to the teachings of Sikhism, this is what i see in many Sikh communities and Gurudwara's.

This makes it so hard to find a partner, with the falling females birth rate to add to the issue i personally think Sikh boys / men in future will find this issue even harder.

We have to address these issues as girls / women are just as important as boys / men in Sikhi, and without them there will be no Sikhi in the future.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to raise a point that it's very hard to find girls / women that like Sikh men with turbans and even harder to find someone who plans on taking Amrit.

As Sikh's we focus so much on boys / men that we sometimes forget about the girls / women and we don't instill the values of Sikhi within many. For some reason the pressure is only on Sikh boys / men to live up to the teachings of Sikhism, this is what i see in many Sikh communities and Gurudwara's.

This makes it so hard to find a partner, with the falling females birth rate to add to the issue i personally think Sikh boys / men in future will find this issue even harder.

We have to address these issues as girls / women are just as important as boys / men in Sikhi, and without them there will be no Sikhi in the future.

I couldn't agree more, thanks to this western culture. Sant Attar Singh Ji Mastuana Wale once even said that those who follow this western culture are infact ghosts.

all sikhs wanna do nowadays is find a wife or husband. sikhs have forgotten the greater responsible and duty that a khalsa has.

What? You mean people who get married have forgotten the greater responsibility and duty of a Khalsa? Or people who wish to live PRACTICALLY (which Guru Jee has told us to do) they are in some way less of Sikhs? Isnt it also the responsibility of a Khalsa to get married, have children and raise the new next generation of Gursikhs? I would have thought that that in itself is a great responsibility - to try and raise great saint-soldiers to take the Khalsa panth forward, bigger and stronger than ever...

you are absolutely right about us focusing too much on boys/men and not worrying about the girls. even here i have noticed that a person who has cut his kesh is looked at differently but at the same time we seem to not worry about the girl that has cut her kesh. if a boy cuts his kesh the whole community talks about it but if a girl cuts her kesh no one seems to notice it.

one thing that i have also noticed is that when someone is giving a speech in gurudwara about the struggle faced by the sikhs and the importance of dastaar, i have never seen someone urging girls to keep kesh or wear a dastaar or for that matter telling them directly about the importance of kesh.

and on the issue of sikh men with dastaar finding it hard to find girls, brother you shouldnt worry about it, just become a true sikh and do your nitnem coz the issue can be solved once people realise the importance of teaching there daughters about sikhi. think.gif

you are absolutely right about us focusing too much on boys/men and not worrying about the girls. even here i have noticed that a person who has cut his kesh is looked at differently but at the same time we seem to not worry about the girl that has cut her kesh. if a boy cuts his kesh the whole community talks about it but if a girl cuts her kesh no one seems to notice it.

one thing that i have also noticed is that when someone is giving a speech in gurudwara about the struggle faced by the sikhs and the importance of dastaar, i have never seen someone urging girls to keep kesh or wear a dastaar or for that matter telling them directly about the importance of kesh.

and on the issue of sikh men with dastaar finding it hard to find girls, brother you shouldnt worry about it, just become a true sikh and do your nitnem coz the issue can be solved once people realise the importance of teaching there daughters about sikhi. think.gif

SO TRUE!

I barely ever see girls in bana. I mean i no allot of girls who wear dastaar but not many who wear dhumala and bana. allot of people say that for bibia its different, but i don't get how isn't there suppost to be total equality in singhs and singhnia? Im not sayings its the bibias fault. its the society, WHICH we shouldnt be even paying attention to!

all sikhs wanna do nowadays is find a wife or husband. sikhs have forgotten the greater responsible and duty that a khalsa has.

What? You mean people who get married have forgotten the greater responsibility and duty of a Khalsa? Or people who wish to live PRACTICALLY (which Guru Jee has told us to do) they are in some way less of Sikhs? Isnt it also the responsibility of a Khalsa to get married, have children and raise the new next generation of Gursikhs? I would have thought that that in itself is a great responsibility - to try and raise great saint-soldiers to take the Khalsa panth forward, bigger and stronger than ever...

when did i say sikhs shudnt get married?

NO i mean like i wrote in my post minus the spelling mistake lol All sikhs wanna do nowadays is find a wife or husband. sikhs have forgotten the greater responsiblity and duty that a khalsa has

yeh i agree theres nufin wrong wiv getting married and you should try to. but theres other thing khalseh shud be doing, maharaj also said a khalsa HAS TO fight against julum but how many sikhs do?

difference is that marriage isnt a MUST but for a khalsa fighting against julum is.

khalsa doesnt work only to get a good job good car wife and kids. khalsa fights on the battlefield and dies victoriously in battle. we have become jokers.