What I Saw At A Gurdwara Was Shocking!

carin

Gurfatehji,

Take hold of these so called *pardhaans* alongwith similar minded people.. drive them out of the Gurudwara because they have NO RIGHT whatsoever to pollute the panth and the panthees!! They deserve to be anywhere but the Gurudwara!! Do some spring cleaning buddY

Bhul Chuk maaf karni!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm. I thought this was pretty standard practice. Many committe members are very open about their drinking antics, I'm surprised this pardaan hid in a tent.

These people will keep running the Gurdwaras and we'll keep posting our latest findings on the net. Face it, at the end of the day very few people are willing to take the responsiblity of running the Gurdwaras, we are either engrossed in our family committments, new found special jathas, monthly national rehansabhais or flashy "one off" samagams to find the time to commit to these Gurdwaras.

So in the end, we leave space for the wrong people to take positions of decision making and leadership which we then cry about.

Quote "As an amritdhari I dont want to really be involved in the running of the Gurdwaras because the corruption might effect my Sikhi". It's the most common response we use, I use this excuse all the time!!! Maybe we suffer from a general lack of confidence in our Sikhi, so we take a back seat in the house of the Guru, the Guru Ghar.

but munjoth why dont you guys do something to persuade the committee - help out the local sangat directly - u go there every week no?

^^

The correct channels have already been used. This has been going on, to my knowledge, for about 2/3 years - first committee members were approached and asked to stop. The situation didnt resolve so the matter was taken to court and the sangat also went to see the jathadaar of the akaal thakat to get a letter written to state that no meat or alcohol is to be served in the gurdwara, eventually they did get it but i dont think this made much difference as the court case was lost. It is a shame because that gurdwara is something really nice. If this were india other methods would have been used but as this is england we must abide by the rules and use the correct channels, if any gurmukh has any other ways to overcome this please feel free to come down and present your idea in person.

"If this were india other methods would have been used but as this is england we must abide by the rules and use the correct channels"

Does British law come first or the respect of Guru Granth Sahib?

Khalsa law before any other in my humble opinion.

GUR KI NINDA SUNE NA KAAN - BHET KARO TIS NAAL KIRPAN

CHOO KAAR AZ HAMAA HEELTE DAR GUJASHT HALAAL ASST BURDAN BAH SHAMSHEER DASST

When ALL ELSE fails the kirpan must be used -

Did Guru GobiND Singh follow the 'laws' of india - did Sant Jarnail Singh....

just something to think about - maybe Bhai Sahib from the prabh milne ka gurdwara could through some light on the issue?

1santkhalsa i have already offered an open invite, why dont you come down your self and discuss it in person with every1. It is easy to criticize others on the internet, i think it would be more constructive if you actually came to prabh milne ka chao gurdwara and spoke about the issue directly.

talking big on the internet is very easy, actually doing something is a totally different ball game.

Does British law come first or the respect of Guru Granth Sahib?

Khalsa law before any other in my humble opinion.

Advotes of the Khalsa law, it's funny how you pick your moments! In my humble opinion the above scenario is not new to us and certainly not just specific to swindon. Before pointing the finger at people in other towns have a look at your doorsteps too.

i thought id shed light on who gurbani considers a khalsa:

kahu kabeer jan bheae khaalasae praem bhagath jih jaanee ||4||3||

panna 655

and then gurbani guru tells us where one becomes a bhagat:

Sookh mehal jan kay ooch dwaray.Ta meh vassay bhagat piaaray. panna-739

As per guru gobind singh ji:

pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khaalas thaahi nakhaalas jaanai || panna 1

if you are seeing the joth then call your self a khalsa (pure) if not guru ji calls u nakhaals (impure)

Notice that gurbani is strictly talking about the mind, nowhere is it mentioned that by wearing bana, kakkars it makes you a khalsa! khalsa is status of the mind.