Max Age For Stop Wearing Patka

lovekhalistan

Firstly guys, you dont have to reply to every post (you know who you are), give others chance to reply and also try to say more than one line in your reply.

Getting back to the original topic, i wore patka at high school until the age of 16. The reason was that when i didnt want to start wearing dastar after people in high school had seen me wearing patka for so long. So i stopped wearing patka as soon as i started collage.

However i think the maximum age for patka should be about 11. Anything after 18 and you are either trying to act hardcore by wearing patka in monty panesar style or just cant be asked wearing dastar.

MPKaur, dastar ceromanies are important. Its like the crowning moment of a singh. There is a big fuss and the center of attention is the little singh. So i would say have it because its a memorable moment and also if you do it, then your kids might in the future know that there is one important ceromany they have to perform when their kids grow up. As for whether it is mandatory or not, i dont know.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wjkk wjkf

I don’t now if I’m the only one who noticed this young singhs these days instead of wearing a patka wear a do-rag (looks like a patka hip hop artist wear this like 50cent) it looks really dumb :D that is what some singhs wear instead of a patka this is what I have noticed where I live

has any1 else noticed this? grin.gif

Wjkk wjkf

I don't now if I'm the only one who noticed this young singhs these days instead of wearing a patka wear a do-rag (looks like a patka hip hop artist wear this like 50cent) it looks really dumb :@ that is what some singhs wear instead of a patka this is what I have noticed where I live

has any1 else noticed this? grin.gif

haha OOO yaaa...i noticed lol...i know 4 guyss who do it :D

i think the patka is a new thing. you dont have to tie great big dumalas on little kids, u can tie a nice secure small keski on younger kids.

however, for the men who are like over 16 and wear patka, i think its not as simple as 'you have a dhaara, u look silly, wear a dastaar instead'

i know someone who was in this position, they didnt want to wear a dastaar yet, becuase they thought it came with responsibility, as they would be representing the image of a singh. they thought they wernt 'really that much into ther sikhi' at tht point in ther lives, BUT still wanted to keep ther kesh, so they opted for the patka.

im not saying its right, i just think theres more to these issues, rather than just pointing ur finger and saying 'they look stupid, they should wear a dastaar'

gurfateh jee

(i haven't read all the posts so my bad if i repeated sumthin)

personally i think patka's make kids look bratty (most of the time)... also in response to a comment on the first page about 'what if it comes off at school' ... i think dastaar is easier to tie on a kid then a patka.. also if a dumalla/dastaar is tied properly, then there's a LOT less chance it will come off or even get 'messed up' then a regular patka...

in my opinion, dastaar/dumalla looks a lot better too...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

lol 4giv me plz ppl i ave just signed up 2 dis site and im still getting used to it lol.

But yh i started a post on this on the akj website and basically i think its really bad for older men to wear a patka. all of my friends wear 1 and im the only 1 dat wears a Dastar (Dhumalla) and im younger than them lol. 1 of my friends is 35 and still wears a patka and got married da ova day, in a patka lol!. And yh they are not even patkas now! my m8 wears 1 dat looks like sum sort of "sports cap" lmao!

And i know how 2 tie "african Dastar" if u wanna learn how = ]

and the 1 da RDB guys wear IS an "england" one, the one that errm, slinder pardesi wears is an african one lol = ] bhull chuk marf karni plz = ] x x

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

when last summer i went

on my cousins marriage... well.. any youth who had hair, dint tie a turban but a black patka.. in the youth it has become a STYLE - FASHION

max age - 15-16

I;'m a gora sikh whose hair ain;t long emough for dumalla, but i do tie nok style turban.. be nice to da gora. :D

P2011507-1.jpg

tongue.gif

lol 4giv me plz ppl i ave just signed up 2 dis site and im still getting used to it lol.

But yh i started a post on this on the akj website and basically i think its really bad for older men to wear a patka. all of my friends wear 1 and im the only 1 dat wears a Dastar (Dhumalla) and im younger than them lol. 1 of my friends is 35 and still wears a patka and got married da ova day, in a patka lol!. And yh they are not even patkas now! my m8 wears 1 dat looks like sum sort of "sports cap" lmao!

and the 1 da RDB guys wear IS an "england" one, the one that errm, slinder pardesi wears is an african one lol = ] bhull chuk marf karni plz = ] x x

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Your friend 35 got married wearing patka lol :D . Are you serious? How did he put kalgi on the juura wearing patka? grin.gif

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Your friend 35 got married wearing patka lol :D . Are you serious? How did he put kalgi on the juura wearing patka? grin.gif

:umm: )))) :@

Maybe instead of asking we should just imagine it for awhile.. a real long while...