Singh Marries Singh

Guest Ojaam

Friends,

I have a singh friend who would like to be wedding to a singh. What is Sikhisms saying about this?

I know there are very knowledgable individual out in this forum and only these knowledgeable peoples should reply.

The question is can a singh marry a singh to further their spiritual needs/can a singh marry a singh who would be willing to become a singhni in the quest for spirituality.

These issue has been raised within the local Gurdwara committee and the names of the individuals have been kept gupt by myslef. We have concluded that we need to seek the answers from other prominent and knowledged sikhs around the globe before we appeal to the Akal Takth, the Supreme Court of Justice of Earth for Sikhs, the Highest Ranking Chair of Justice, the Jury of the Peers for SIkhs.

Regards,

Dr. Ojaam Singh

PhD., Sociology

MSC Public Policy

BA Home Economics

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The question is can a singh marry a singh to further their spiritual needs/can a singh marry a singh who would be willing to become a singhni in the quest for spirituality.

Firstly marriage is not essential as such for furthering one's spiritual needs.. Sangat is good enough for that. Secondly, Undergoing a gender change is just like piercing your ears, are you telling God that He didn't design you correctly? Singhs are Singhs for a reason, Kaurs are Kaurs. This is HUKAM, we need to deal with it.

Anand Karaj is for two Amritdhari Sikhs, a Singh and a Kaur.

So in short, no!

personally i dont think a Singh should marry a Singh

Maharaj says in their bani "ek jot doe moorti dhan phir kahiee soe"

and i dont think that would apply for two men, usually for a man a man a woman that r married but idk...cant the two find any singhnia? r there really no woman left that men hav to turn to eachother for marriage?

ive copied and pasted this form one of my replies to a simliar topic;

The "sikhi aspect of the way you percieve another is simple, "see waheguru in everyone" whether they are gay or not................sikhi dont condemn nothing it points of the goods and evis of this world......................it gives you the most logical and common sense answer..........

Now can you be Gay and follow a sikh way of life? in my opinion No u cant........as the poster sed above.............homosexual intercourse is not for the purpose of procreation...........it it done to fulfill a sexual urge/desire/lust......................yes a man and a woman have intercourse in the same way but remember....yep....its that magic word again...........INTENT............even as a married couple you are partaking in the act of intercourse purly to satisfy ur carnal urges and lusts...............in my opinion that is no different to the act of homosexual intercourse.............the intent of the act is the same..............even if the actors are different meaning boy+boy or girl+boy

theres a realy good article i came accross and posted up in the other section lemme see if i can find it............

EDIT:

found it:

Love is not sexual passion. Those who mistake sex for love remain empty of love. Sex is only a passing manifestation of love. It is part of nature's mechanism, a method of procreation. Love exists on a higher

plane, and as love grows, sex dissipates. The energy that has been manifested in sex is transformed into love.

Love is the creative refinement of sex energy. And so, when love reaches perfection, the absence of sex automatically follows. A life of love, an abstinence from physical pleasures is called brahmacharya, and anyone who wishes to be free from sex must develop his capacity to love. Freedom from sex cannot be achieved through supression. Liberation from sex is only possible through love.

the whole article is found here and i feel this somes the sikhi aspect of homosexuality: Its all about loooooooooooooooove...............butdo we trluy know what love is? now thats a seperate topic all together

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=31308

waheguruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

It depends on your definition of "Singh". Nowadays, there are cut-haired guys who drink, do drugs, have pre-marital sex, eat meat and everything else that a Sikh should not do (according to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji) yet they will still have "Singh" after their name. These people are "Singh" in name only - not "Singh" in its purest form.

In Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, the relationship between God and man has been poetically described using the relationship between the Husband Lord (Vaheguru) and His bride (human beings)... there is no relation described between the Husband Lord and His groom.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/Page.asp?Sour...95&Format=2

This Shabad is by Guru Nanak Dev Ji in Raag Aasaa on Pannaa 356

Aasaa, First Mehla:

I am not stained by only one sin, that could be washed clean by virtue.

My Husband Lord is awake, while I sleep through the entire night of my life. ||1||

In this way, how can I become dear to my Husband Lord?

My Husband Lord remains awake, while I sleep through the entire night of my life. ||1||Pause||

With hope and desire, I approach His Bed,

but I do not know whether He will be pleased with me or not. ||2||

How do I know what will happen to me, O my mother?

Without the Blessed Vision of the Lord's Darshan, I cannot survive. ||1||Pause||

I have not tasted His Love, and my thirst is not quenched.

My beautiful youth has run away, and now I, the soul-bride, repent and regret. ||3||

Even now, I am held by hope and desire.

I am depressed; I have no hope at all. ||1||Pause||

She overcomes her egotism, and adorns herself;

the Husband Lord now ravishes and enjoys the soul-bride on His Bed. ||4||

Then, O Nanak, the bride becomes pleasing to the Mind of her Husband Lord;

she sheds her self-conceit, and is absorbed in her Lord and Master. ||1||Pause||26||