Amritdharis From Ramghar Orgin

singh1986

So yesterday whilst minding my own buisness with friends a conversation turned to Amritdharis etc, and this girl was saying that she knew a Amritdhari that was dating a non-Amritdhari and was quite seriously involved. grin.gif

I asked is she willing to become Amritdhari and how does she feel with a guy with full beard etc... I was given looks of amazement... they felt that Amritdharis didnt need to have beards and that this guy was trimmed blink.gif

And so the conversation followed in a way that I was completely uneducated about Sikhi and then another person also said she was Amritdhari (but she drinks and cuts hair etc and its fine aslong as you have Guru Ji in the house)... she said her whole family took Amrit when they were babies and that she was also Amritdhari and that you dont need to wear Kakkar...

Now I aint Ramgharia Orgin Bashing here because previously I have stood up for them but are these views common amoungst Ramghariay Orgin people? espically about Kakkars being extreme and not needed and keeping un-cut hair, ALOT of people from Ramghar orgin repeat this to me.

Are there people from Ramgharia Orgin that have met such views in their families/community? How do you combat it if people are saying you dont need to wear your Kirpan or pressuring you to have a trim?

Just a simple question non malicious question.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The views you encountered paaji are compete utter rubbish and shows a lack of knowledge about Sikhi.

When my son was born, a few days after birth we invited the local giani from the gurdwara to give him a mini amrit (if you can call it that) which just entailled the reading of japji sahib and giving him 5 splashes. Kind of a new born baptism which I believe is quite common. I definately wouldn't class that as being Amritdhari.

The views you encountered paaji are compete utter rubbish and shows a lack of knowledge about Sikhi.

When my son was born, a few days after birth we invited the local giani from the gurdwara to give him a mini amrit (if you can call it that) which just entailled the reading of japji sahib and giving him 5 splashes. Kind of a new born baptism which I believe is quite common. I definately wouldn't class that as being Amritdhari.

• 3 months later...

ok i know its been like 3months since the last reply LOl but i had to reply

alot of tharkhans have weird sikhi beliefs lol my fmaily are normal lucky we dont believe in some hindu god that was a carpenter which lots of ramgarhias believe in i dont know why, probz cz the god was a carpenter, what a joke ini?

a few tharkhans go to nanaksar gurdwaras which i dont agree with neither do my family, and my amritdhari cousins who are hardcore akjs lol also agreee going there is wrong

i drank amrit when i was little this doesnt mean i am amritdhari,

your mates have lack of knowledge in sikhi, they need 2 learn much more

one example here, one of my best friends one year above me in upper 6form which has just left for exams was never in 2 sikhi he used 2 smoke weed drink go with girls until i came around lol. i started telling him about sikhi and no i did not preach! i just told him stories and told him to research stuff and he did and he started reading bani which he has never done before except for mool mantra lol, hes growing his kesh BUT! he wears a starch pugh which i guess he does because he thinks it looks better which i beg to differ, and he shaves his dhari in the typical tharkhan way 'craig david dhari' hes been growing hsi kesh for 2months so far he stil eats meat, drinks at partys which makes em all the time i told him stuff about sikhi went to waste also he goes to nanaksar gurdwara and ive seen pictures they have a sant that one ishar singh infront of the guru granth sahib which i totally condemn because when you do matha to maharaj you do matha to the picture aswell then?

also he goes there on full moons and they offer food to THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB which can be classed as idol worship?????????????? anyone agree with me ??????

also they dont prepare langar in the gurdwara they prepare ti at home and bring it in and they dont have a nishaan shaib because they think its a political influnce

basicly like i said i have ramgarhia origin but i dont go round sayint it because i am totally against caste, i listen to my gurus and i dont believe in this jatt ramgarhia crap<<< sorry if that offended any of you

and anyway me and my mate who know the boy who grows his kesh me and her are his best mates and we made a so called code of conduct for tharkhans, we were bored revising for alevel exams and we made this and my amritdhari friend also made it with us

sorry if this offends anyone its just a joke this part

1, starch pugh to the max

2, shave your dhari like your hero crag davids and have a picture of him stuck on the mirror

3, go gurdwara just for langar( not for spirtaual reasons)

4, drink till you dont know your human and fall around every where lol

the four points are jsut a joke any so called 'ramgarhias' dont get angry

my akj side of the family laughed when i told them this lol

i am not akj btw i dont affilate my self with any jatha im just a SINGH :D AKAAAAAAAAALUH although i have nihang influences lol

To the above post,

Why condemn anything? Is it going to make you a better person and what are you going to gain (spiritually) from this?

I think people really need to read their posts before posting, especially if you going to offend some one and then call it a joke. Maybe the Ramgharia's of today are losing the plot slightly, however this doesn't mean we go on a rant and rave and mock these people.

Thats my 2cents

Sat Sri Akaal!

I think alcohol is an issue that is more of a problem for Sikhs from jat origins myself. When I first left school I used to work in a warehouse selling booze. Back in those days I used to go on deliveries and I have to tell you. The majority of Off License owners were Jatts. Many of them wore paghs and openly sold booze and fags - even to under age people. One or two (very small minority) were amritdhari Jatts and although I was too young to understand then, the fact that they were selling booze and fags seems majorly wrong to me now.

The original poster has to realise that in this day and age - you will find people from every background indulging in every sort of bad thing going. You only have to look at the Canada and see how much drugs, murder and crime are a part of many young Sikhs of Jatt origin lives. Wife battering/killing is also an issue in this community.

The example he gave points at general ignorance of Sikhism - This is now sadly common in Sikhs from all backgrounds and given this situation it is silly to point at any one particular group.