Amridhari, Need Advice

Guest singh singh

wjkk wjkf

hhhmmmm, i think it depends, now a days even desi parents are quite open to listen to their children, especially when their children are of the right age to get married.

of course you will get chitter if you are 14 and say i am in love with some 40 yr old baba.... hahaha

wjkk wjkf

:umm: you know if i was in this situation and i told my parents id get chittar lolll

lolll errr no way, nah but even if i was at the age to get married my parents would still get angry especially around the subject of boys, on other things there pretty open and relaxed

wjkk wjkf

this seems normal and usually happens in this age. nothing wrong with it. sikhi is a practical religion and we must accept it in a practical way. as long as you are strong to your roots and stay in sikh rehat mariyda, nothing is wrong.

on the other hand, go and talk to this girl and express your feeling and love and care to her and may be she has the same feeling. and if this is the case, then what else you need. tell your parents and make it formal and may be when you both pass college and families ready to take further step, then just go ahead.

remember, as a sikh we have to live with kam-krodh-lobh-moh-ahankaar, but at the same time we must have control over all these things. we are humans and these 5 things are for us to use at right time and at right place.

wjkk wjkf

Oh forgodsake, the guy just said his amritdhari. Do you really think you should be giving out 'advice' like that.

We live in this duniya where maya attacks us all the time, we are going to get feelings of kaam, but to just give into them is stupid. Its like saying if someone wanted to go clubbing, would you tell them to just go??

No, we are sikhs, we need to fight these feelings, we need to replace them with naam and baani.

If he wants to speak to his parents then ok, but dont go up to the girl and start dating her... :umm:

its not kaam its love theres a difference

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haaaa true love?

The only true love is the love for mahraj.

All other loves and emotional attachment to Maya are false.They shall pass away, like false and transitory decorations.Servant Nanak is fulfilled, through the Love of the True Guru. ||4||4||42||

He sees a girl, likes her, and your telling me thats true love!?

Actually it was a waste of time me even posting in this thread. Point is younger people will read things like this and think its ok to date etc.. then they end up in a mess. think before you type. Sikh Sangat really need to do something about threads like these, theres just too many of them.

wjkk wjkf

this seems normal and usually happens in this age. nothing wrong with it. sikhi is a practical religion and we must accept it in a practical way. as long as you are strong to your roots and stay in sikh rehat mariyda, nothing is wrong.

on the other hand, go and talk to this girl and express your feeling and love and care to her and may be she has the same feeling. and if this is the case, then what else you need. tell your parents and make it formal and may be when you both pass college and families ready to take further step, then just go ahead.

remember, as a sikh we have to live with kam-krodh-lobh-moh-ahankaar, but at the same time we must have control over all these things. we are humans and these 5 things are for us to use at right time and at right place.

wjkk wjkf

Oh forgodsake, the guy just said his amritdhari. Do you really think you should be giving out 'advice' like that.

We live in this duniya where maya attacks us all the time, we are going to get feelings of kaam, but to just give into them is stupid. Its like saying if someone wanted to go clubbing, would you tell them to just go??

No, we are sikhs, we need to fight these feelings, we need to replace them with naam and baani.

If he wants to speak to his parents then ok, but dont go up to the girl and start dating her... :umm:

wjkk wjkf

as preety said in above post, there is a difference between kaam and love. i hope i dont have to explain the difference here. being an amritdhari, you can express your love and care to someone who you think can be your future partner. whats more important is the understanding between two minds. otherwise, i know many amritdhari who got married just coz the other partner was amritdhari... but they never had understanding between them- hence it ended with divorce.

if they would have understood each other a little bit before taking the big step in front of guru ji then the situation would have been different, but may be this is what guru ji wanted.

coming back to the point, people go to night clubs with a thought in their mind and that thought is not good. they have kaam in their mind for the opposite sex. i have personally been through this situation, hence this is from personal youth experience.

we are sikhs and we must fight with 5 evils (kaam-krodh-lobh-moh-ahankaar) but we must not get rid of them at all. just use them at the right place and at right time.

use them at following places:

Kam(Lust)- when you are married, this is very essential for both partners- but stay in rehat mariyda.

Krodh (Rage)- my parents, my teacher, my elders used to and they still do get angry when i make mistake. this type of krodh helps others to improve their life.

Lobh (Greed)- i am a professional person and i work for money. guru ji has given me this job and he is the one who is paying me the salary. with this salary, he is the one who helps me to gives dasvand and use the money at right place for right people. this is not lobh, this is practical life and we all need money to live. lobh would be- what sadaam hussain had, he didnt know how much money he had and being the presedent of the country, people used to die coz of starvation.

Moh (Attachment)- i love my parents and they love me. we have this moh for each other. this is natural and this moh helps us to stay close and together in every moment of life (dukh-sukh).

Ahankar (Ego)- i have this ego that there is no one above dhan dhan shri guru granth sahib ji. i have this ego that may guru ji help me so i only believe in him. people who dont have this kinda ego end up going to derey, babe, radhaswamis and all.

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

(Tarrandeep Kaur Bhenji, this thread was let through because the original poster was asking for advice on how to move on, and get more engrossed in bani. He didn't come here to be told that his problem/thread is stupid. We are doing something about these threads, but nobody would really know about it because they don't see the ones which we don't let through.)

(Tarrandeep Kaur Bhenji, this thread was let through because the original poster was asking for advice on how to move on, and get more engrossed in bani. He didn't come here to be told that his problem/thread is stupid. We are doing something about these threads, but nobody would really know about it because they don't see the ones which we don't let through.)

ok sorry, my mistake.

haaaa true love?

[/size]

All other loves and emotional attachment to Maya are false.They shall pass away, like false and transitory decorations.Servant Nanak is fulfilled, through the Love of the True Guru. ||4||4||42||

Actually it was a waste of time me even posting in this thread. Point is younger people will read things like this and think its ok to date etc.. then they end up in a mess. think before you type. Sikh Sangat really need to do something about threads like these, theres just too many of them.

no tarandeep kaur ji

may be he loves her

if he loves her and go to girl show her his feelings tell the parents.

ask for marry..what's wrong in it.

if u like someone seiously and wana marry it's not kaam

he can let girl into GURDWARA and both can take amrit

before maary and AMRIT if they make some date to understand each other

he wants to tell the girl about sikhi so they must meet each other before meeting they have to select time and date .yes this date can be in GURDWARA SAHIB JI.

or somehwere else if they are talking about life and sikhi so what's wrong with in

main apni maa nu kiha ke menu ik muslim kuri changi lagdi hai te usnu main

mera baap ne kiha...ooyeee kanjar ghar rehna ke nahi hehe

avoid the girl????

keep ur distances??

as someone ahs already said, we should ONLY keep vahegurus love enshrined in our hearts, seeems like this girl is a distraction....

best to jap naam as much as u can...and try and avoid :)

if thats hard to do... then do ardas for mahraj to give u guidance and to keep the 5 chor away from u... mainly kaam and moh

pull cuk maafi

Guest bublloooo

this boy is only in college it is too early for him 2 think about marriage. but would you say it is okay for him and the girl to be together (sensibly nothing beyond say talking) until marriage...about 4 years down the line?

Guest Guest
haaaa true love?

"If you can't see God in all, you can't see God at all"

PATHETIC !!! <_<

I think SS really needs to do something about posts like these, which always come from the same hardcore/un-helpful people. All that did was hurt someone, it was not helpful in even the slightest way. Grow up please.