A Little Disturbing...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaheguru jee.

seems like a proper silly punjabi do <_<

seriously... whats the point in some crapp they do... a milni.... <_<

but yeah.... its not right, langar should'nt be served on tables anyway... let alone one for a 'wedding'

may vaheguru do kirpa, and sort it out :)

The thing that bothers me is that this is Guru Mahrajs House, and wen we go Dabar Sahib, we go as slaves and servants of God, and should dress like it! This langar hall with posh tables and chairs and everything suggets something different!! What are we jazzy b's!?!? I really cant imagine Singhs in Bana sitting down in a place like that!! In the Maryada it states...

1) The Langar of the Guru (the Almighty) - It has two meanings: First, to teach the Sikhs about the concept of volunteer service; second to erase the doubt (notion) of superiority - inferiority, and untouchability.

2) By sitting in the langar of the Guru without any superiority- or inferiority- complex, a person belonging to any caste or sect, can eat food. While seating in 'pangat' (row or line) there should not be any discrimination about the origin of the country, caste, creed, or religion of a person. Yes, only Amritdhari Sikhs can eat in one plate.

and also says that chairs and tables in Gurdware are not aloud!!! We should sit on the floor like humble people! Especially in Guru's house!! I know if Guru Nanak Dev Ji Mahraj or Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj was alive today i would not even think for one minuite to sit on a chair and eat food on a table!!

An observation! In a way I think we are collectively to blame for this. We need more examples of humble Gursikh weddings. When you members on this forum get married you guys need make examples and stand up to all the palaver and pakhand by having a Gursikh Anand Karaj.

Too often (and I include myself in this category) we make all the bold panthic statements yet when it come to our own weddings or close family weddings we get involved in all the pakhand to please our own relatives.

I have seen "kharkoo" Singhs and Singhni's sit on tables in the langar hall or put their shoes on in the langar because they haven't got the guts to make a Gursikh statement in front of their own family. In my opinion that's not the way forward! If we want to see these decorative tables & chairs come out of the langar hall then we need to be brave enough to sit on the floor in the middle of those tables in full view of everyone and eat Guru Ji's Langar in Pangat as it's meant to be.

An observation! In a way I think we are collectively to blame for this. We need more examples of humble Gursikh weddings. When you members on this forum get married you guys need make examples and stand up to all the palaver and pakhand by having a Gursikh Anand Karaj.

Too often (and I include myself in this category) we make all the bold panthic statements yet when it come to our own weddings or close family weddings we get involved in all the pakhand to please our own relatives.

I have seen "kharkoo" Singhs and Singhni's sit on tables in the langar hall or put their shoes on in the langar because they haven't got the guts to make a Gursikh statement in front of their own family. In my opinion that's not the way forward! If we want to see these decorative tables & chairs come out of the langar hall then we need to be brave enough to sit on the floor in the middle of those tables in full view of everyone and eat Guru Ji's Langar in Pangat as it's meant to be.

:Re:

if there arent chairs at the langar hall, i just sit on the ground, me and my family are all like that

but usually, the langar hall is divided half n half, chairs AND pangat, IF there are chairs at all

i love califorina

:D

I don't think it is a cause to worry as long as we are not treating anybody un-equally. Also different circumstances require different approach. :) ))))

we need to be brave enough to sit on the floor in the middle of those tables in full view of everyone and eat Guru Ji's Langar in Pangat as it's meant to be.

:Re:

I fully agree. Sikhi is about bravery and setting examples.

i'm guessing its the UK...am i right!

when i went there i saw the same thing . thank god we in canda arnt this cracked out but i get a feeling where getting there by the looks of the UK.

these fools contact is: info@sgssh.org