Brainwashing In Sikhi

Some examples.

Guru Granth Sahib Ji saying that in order to achieve emancipation one must be blessed with Naam.

But lot of Amritdhari's say that you need Naam but also Amrit. Some even say Amrit is Naam and distort bani phrases like 'Amrit Naaam nidhan hai'.

Some Sikhs have been brainwashed by certain babey.

There are those who believe that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale is alive because a baba stated this.

They are ready to kill you if you disagree.

We are still waiting afer 24 years.

In a few more years time - these Sikhs will be coming out with some excuses on Bhindranwale's non appearance.

Another example - some fundamentalists believe that a Sikh should not wear a hat or he will be reborn as a lepor - they quote a rehatnama as proof.

Yet when you point out to these fundamentalists that a rehatnama states that a Sikh should wake up in the morning, wash and TIE his Beard - they stare at you with blank faces - and just ignore it because in their opinion a Sikh should have untied beard. Example Sedgeley St Gurdwara will not one read the Guru Granth Sahib if his beard is tied. But they insist you tie the hair on your head.

Some brainwashed Amritdharis say one should not have their food served from non-Amritdharis.

But they eat walkers crisps prepared by gorey.

Some brainwashed Sikhs only eat from steel dishes - as if God will be happy with this.

They forget the Guru Granth Sahib Ji states it is only Naam that matters.

Some brainwashed Sikhs say that it is essential to visit various places of pilgrimage

They forget that the Guru Granth Sahib Ji says that the only true place of pilgrimage is within oneself.

There are plenty more examples

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

wow. Do you even know what brainwashing means? Nothing you have mentioned is in the least bit brainwashing, heres a definition for you

"A form of indoctrination that forces people to abandon their beliefs in favour of another set of beliefs by conditioning through various forms of pressure or torture"

Any of the singhs you hate do that?

anyway, lets see if anything you said has any meaning to it whatsoever

Guru Granth Sahib Ji saying that in order to achieve emancipation one must be blessed with Naam.

But lot of Amritdhari's say that you need Naam but also Amrit. Some even say Amrit is Naam and distort bani phrases like 'Amrit Naaam nidhan hai'.

ok if you read abit more gurbani you would see that maharaj is saying that naam can only be obtained from the Guroo. Seeing as the physical form of the Guroo is now the Panj Pyare, who GIVE AMRIT, does it not make sense that the panj pyare give you naam while they give you amrit? the panj pyare to tell the people taking amrit that vaheguroo is the gurmantar in any amrit sanchar.

Some Sikhs have been brainwashed by certain babey.

There are those who believe that Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale is alive because a baba stated this.

They are ready to kill you if you disagree.

We are still waiting afer 24 years.

In a few more years time - these Sikhs will be coming out with some excuses on Bhindranwale's non appearance.

That was so uncalled for. Have you ever met Baba Thakur Singh Ji, read about him or heard his vichars before you slate him off as some baba?

Baba Thakur Singh Ji said something that he must have truley believed and some believed that bachan, leave it be theyre not harming anyone.

Another example - some fundamentalists believe that a Sikh should not wear a hat or he will be reborn as a lepor - they quote a rehatnama as proof.

Yet when you point out to these fundamentalists that a rehatnama states that a Sikh should wake up in the morning, wash and TIE his Beard - they stare at you with blank faces - and just ignore it because in their opinion a Sikh should have untied beard. Example Sedgeley St Gurdwara will not one read the Guru Granth Sahib if his beard is tied. But they insist you tie the hair on your head.

this is more and more starting to sound as if you have directed this thread at certain people you have a grudge at, idk :S

Ok I have no idea what you are talking about about the beard tieing. But first off thats definetly not brainwashing and what are you trying to prove when you say that? That wearing hat's is now ok because they didn't know all of the hukamnama?

Some brainwashed Amritdharis say one should not have their food served from non-Amritdharis.

But they eat walkers crisps prepared by gorey.

Some brainwashed Sikhs only eat from steel dishes - as if God will be happy with this.

They forget the Guru Granth Sahib Ji states it is only Naam that matters.

LOL, look bibek is just a rehit and we should respect those wikid people for following a rehit that we can't, why slate it off just because you can't do it?

Anyway, the first point, what are you trying to achieve? Go talk to those people who are hypocrytical about it. So they believe that bibek is a must but they don't follow it? erm ok, then what?

Correction, not steel, iron. Well TheVampire, all I have to say is go cut your hair, take off your kakkars, start drinking, start eating meat, but just make sure you do lots of naam simran cause that is all that matters.

Some brainwashed Sikhs say that it is essential to visit various places of pilgrimage

They forget that the Guru Granth Sahib Ji says that the only true place of pilgrimage is within oneself.

This is the only point that makes sense to me at all, but I still don't see how it is brainwashing or indoctrinating, it's just a beleif held by some people. How about talking to these people rather than writing a long post on the internet?

Mr Vampire, 'some people' do many things which you might not understand. I suggest you talk to them directly about it, learn from them and take some time out to read what Gurbani and Guru Gobind Singh Ji's Bani says about the issues like Sants and Amrit. It really does sound like you have grudges against certain individuals so I'm not sure what you want us to do in reply to your post. In any dharam there will be people who pick and choose bits to follow and who do other strange things.

Btw true brainwashing occurs when your brain is washed, cooled and soothed by Akaal Purakh. So yes, Sikhi encourages brainwashing.

from reading vampires previous posts, it is evident he is a student of some psycho nang clan, and his posts above were to only cause friction....

i can add to it and cause more problems,

some are brainwashed and say that one can eat meat and have bhang (u didnt like that did you)

some are brainwashed and beleive in a pscho nang uk self made jathedar

some are brainwashed and beleive there jatha only give the ''real amrit''

Now admin please remove my comments when required, i only posted them to make a point.

from reading vampires previous posts, it is evident he is a student of some psycho nang clan, and his posts above were to only cause friction....

i can add to it and cause more problems,

some are brainwashed and say that one can eat meat and have bhang (u didnt like that did you)

some are brainwashed and beleive in a pscho nang uk self made jathedar

some are brainwashed and beleive there jatha only give the ''real amrit''

Now admin please remove my comments when required, i only posted them to make a point.

Why don’t you address what has been stated, attack the statement not the author. The Niddar Singh scapegoats are getting somewhat boring maybe you unsettled lot need to find another person to take the blame for most of your tribal and personal misgivings.

Dismantle vamps argument if you can, the rest is just mundane and repetitive rubbish.

I actually think vamp has raised some valid points of examples of empty rituals. It’s thought invoking and unsettling, good stuff.

"Unsettling?"

if that combination of cliche and poorly thought out attempt to bait doesn't put you to sleep, nothing will.

i may even otherwise, agree with vamp on some issues, if it wasn't so disrespectfully put.

It's inconceivable that he would not know he is being divisive on this forum.