Gursikh Wedding-Colours...

P_Singh

Dear Sangat,

I havent posted on this site for some time now, although I do visit it on a regular basis rolleyes.gif

I wanted to ask, how many Gursikh weddings have you been to? Also, what colours have you seen the Singh and Singhni wear?

What colour (to the Gursikhs...) do you prefer and WANT to wear on your wedding? :@

I've been to like 2 Gursikh weddings:

1) First wedding- Singh was wearing cream kurta pajamaa, cream dastaar with orange :nihungsmile: on the top part of his dastaar...Singhni wearing very light pink suit (mainly because there were hardly any Gursikhs on the Singh's side...although from a very strong sikhi background), and a white keski.

2) Second wedding- Singh wearing cream kurta pajamaa, orange dastaar :nihungsmile: , Singhni wearing cream suit and orange keski....

I think Gursikh weddings are AMAZING! ^_^

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I've been to lots of Sikh weddings... although I hesitate to call them Gursikh weddings (none of them would really fit the bill).

Mostly its been the groom side wearing a maroon dastaar and the groom with a golden colored dress and the bride wearing some really flashy dress (I've seen whitish to neon green to pink).

For myself, I don't plan on wearing something that'll hurt the eyes.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Khalsa4ever said

"For myself, I don't plan on wearing something that'll hurt the eyes"

:@

Yeah, its best to stick to the Sikh colours or something along those lines (i.e. Navy, Orange etc) I've seen those type of weddings, you can only really class them as 'punjabi' weddings, they're NOT Gursikh weddings... :@

Guest mehtab

nice pic :@

and i m waiting for someone to weep and wail over something i juz saw in the pic...no, i like it...but i m sure someone gonna say something...not gonna mention what though...juz to prove how intolerant people can get