• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _Amarjeet Singh_
WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I have a message to the Sangat

Guru Gobind Singh Jee has given us Bana as one of the 5 pillars of Sikhism

BANA bani seva simran and shastar

so what exactly is "bana"? when Guru Gobind Singh ji told Mata Bhag Kaur to take care with her clothing (she had such high avastha she forgot about material things and her clothes were worn to shreds), all he said was to always wear kachhera and dastaar.

who defines bana?

old photos and drawings of nihungs show a very short chola and huge kachhera. i don't see any pajami...

post-18673-1220026930.jpg

i don't think i'd be comfortable running about in a short top and kachhera all exposed. :) i'm worried aboout my modesty... does that mean i'm not a good Sikh?

and what about shoes? in Guru ji's time people wore jutti with big curly toes, or wooden sandles, or went bare foot. which do you wear? none are particularly comfortable when you're walking the pavement in the big city.

as i understand it, bana is dastaar and 5ks. trust me, as a woman running around in a 10-15 meters dastaar, i definitely stand out!

i've actually ordered proper bana, but it hasn't come yet. thing is, i'll be wearing pajami and a chola that goes below my knees. is that good enough?

Bana is the physical form/ROOP of Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Gobind Singh in Sarbloh Granth says that he has given his physical ROOP/FORM to the Khalsa, Bana is Guru Gobind Singhs ROOP. Dhamalla, Bana(long or short) and Kachera with or wihout pyjama on top. Guru Gobind Singh wore pyjama sometimes and sometimes he just had the Kachera with Bana. he usually wore long bana himself though.

mata bhago kaur tore her clothes to shreds when she became a naked wandering yogi because she had nothing left after she lead the chauti mukhti into battle. Guru Gobind Singh later picked her up,gave her his Bana and made her his own perosnal bodyguard.

haha :D

dizz iz z a gud one i juzzed finishd uni exxamas an i can imagin going 4 an interviewq in banaa....NORRRT!! whose seriusly gunna giv u a job wearin a kurtaaa pijama? i shure u might be nice a comfurtabl lyke dat, but com on jyob jyob jyob??? :) )))) perhaps as a giani??

i guess it depends on where you live and work. in the western US, there are plenty of companies who would hire someone wearing bana. especially in the high tech sector. i've seen way weirder things at microsoft...

WJKK, WJKF

dhamalla shastars are fine as they are protected under 3 parliament acts under religious blades

and you can wear a kirpan with a curved blade up to 20 inches max (50cm)

the 2 foot ratowal kirpans are good, the blade is 18 inches long and i wear a kirpan over my clothes :)

depends on where you live. is this in canada or the UK i assume?

in the US, laws vary by state.

in my part of the US, wearing an exposed kirpan gets more complements than scared looks, while in other parts (california) young sikhs have been arrested or kicked off college campus for wearing exposed kirpan.

so really, you'd have to ask the local authorities.

Bana is the physical form/ROOP of Guru Gobind Singh, Guru Gobind Singh in Sarbloh Granth says that he has given his physical ROOP/FORM to the Khalsa, Bana is Guru Gobind Singhs ROOP. Dhamalla, Bana(long or short) and Kachera with or wihout pyjama on top. Guru Gobind Singh wore pyjama sometimes and sometimes he just had the Kachera with Bana. he usually wore long bana himself though.

thanks veerji. can you give some quote or site where bana is defined?

thanks!

dizz iz z a gud one i juzzed finishd uni exxamas an i can imagin going 4 an interviewq in banaa....NORRRT!! whose seriusly gunna giv u a job wearin a kurtaaa pijama? i shure u might be nice a comfurtabl lyke dat, but com on jyob jyob jyob??? :) )))) perhaps as a giani??

i guess it depends on where you live and work. in the western US, there are plenty of companies who would hire someone wearing bana. especially in the high tech sector. i've seen way weirder things at microsoft...

WJKK, WJKF

dhamalla shastars are fine as they are protected under 3 parliament acts under religious blades

the 2 foot ratowal kirpans are good, the blade is 18 inches long and i wear a kirpan over my clothes :)

in my part of the US, wearing an exposed kirpan gets more complements than scared looks, while in other parts (california) young sikhs have been arrested or kicked off college campus for wearing exposed kirpan.

thanks!

Maybe these will help:

dumalle de salok

theres a bit about big dumalle n whatnot in there throughout

also pay attention to the part about baba fateh singh ji

it can roughly be interpreted that maharaj is saying that his panth shud look like Babaji

post-3496-1220563704_thumb.jpg

post-3496-1220563731_thumb.jpg

post-3496-1220563770_thumb.jpg

post-3496-1220563809_thumb.jpg

post-3496-1220563844_thumb.jpg

lol mate, seriously don't speak english like that at an interview, they won't accept you if you do haha

just a word of advice ;)

Guest gobinday

WJKK, WJKF

thanks!

Bana is defined when Guru Gobind Singh in Sarbloh Granth says Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas, The Khalsa is my True image/form. therefore a Khalsa should have the same roop as the Guru.

In Sarbloh Granth, Guru Gobind Singh also writes, 'Khalsa mera satgur poora' The Khalsa is my perfect true Guru. therefore we should decorate ourselves as Guru Gobind Singh. look at the panj pyare, did Guru Gobind Singh not decorate them, they are identical to the Guru, they are the Khalsa.

post-17621-1220629749.jpg

as a kaur i always understood khalasa mayroo roop hai khaas as in having a dastar whihc is what makes us stand out in society

u can see anyone with a datsar a mile away

i believe in wearing modest clothes and not clothes that attrack atention

we are Guru Gobind singhs jis sons/daughters

i would really like sum feedback on my views

wjkk wjkf!