Bana Everyday

Guest gobinday

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gobinday
if you want Guru Gobind Singhs full roop, then wear bana, if you dont want his full roop, then dont wear bana and dont bother taking amrit

Where in Guru Gobind Singh's Rehat Maryada did he write this? Did he define bana? If you quote historical rahits, then like I said, travel about on horses and learn falconry. Bana is a Khalsa tradition and that's that. Furthermore, who says that if you do not where bana, then do not bother taking amrit? The comment is ill concieved and indicates that your knowledge about Sikhi is very juvenile.

I admire seeing people wearing bana as it fills me with great pride about the Khalsa history and traditions, but it is not a uniform laid down by Guru Gobind Singh ji, it is a Khalsa tradition maintained by the nihangs and has only been popularised amongst wider Sikhs in the last half a century. Great Sikhs like Bhai Sahib have been pictured wearing what was fashionable and current in their day. For instance in Bhai Sahib's day the black sherwani and white chooridar paijama were popular amongst the nobility and educated in northern India.

Today a Sikh wearing a Saville Row suit walking down the high street is no less Guru Gobind Singh's Sikh than any other because of what he wears. A Khalsa brother will recognise a fellow Khalsa brother irrespective of what he wears and both are children of Dasmesh pita.

Guru Gobind Singh jee mahraj does define bana, its historicaly documented that he taunted some brahmins who came to get his blessings, he said take off your brahmin robes and i give you bana

AAD SACH, JUGAAD SACH, HAI BHI SACH, NANAK HOSI BHI SACH

you are a fool of fools, you just said my knowledge of sikhism is jeuvanile, yet you dont even know that mahraj defined BANA!

Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Harbhajan said 'those who are unwilling to wear bana, they are trying to set themselves amongst the commoners, they are not willing to fully identify themselves as sikhs of the guru, they are ego maniacs and we dont need them , they dont need us, GO AND SHAVE OFF!!'

those were his words

Guest gobinday
if you want Guru Gobind Singhs full roop, then wear bana, if you dont want his full roop, then dont wear bana and dont bother taking amrit

Where in Guru Gobind Singh's Rehat Maryada did he write this? Did he define bana? If you quote historical rahits, then like I said, travel about on horses and learn falconry. Bana is a Khalsa tradition and that's that. Furthermore, who says that if you do not where bana, then do not bother taking amrit? The comment is ill concieved and indicates that your knowledge about Sikhi is very juvenile.

I admire seeing people wearing bana as it fills me with great pride about the Khalsa history and traditions, but it is not a uniform laid down by Guru Gobind Singh ji, it is a Khalsa tradition maintained by the nihangs and has only been popularised amongst wider Sikhs in the last half a century. Great Sikhs like Bhai Sahib have been pictured wearing what was fashionable and current in their day. For instance in Bhai Sahib's day the black sherwani and white chooridar paijama were popular amongst the nobility and educated in northern India.

Today a Sikh wearing a Saville Row suit walking down the high street is no less Guru Gobind Singh's Sikh than any other because of what he wears. A Khalsa brother will recognise a fellow Khalsa brother irrespective of what he wears and both are children of Dasmesh pita.

you cant get Guru Gobind Singh jees full roop without bana, becuase mahraj only wears bana and it is deeply enshrined into the rehat

Waheguru!! Atlast a Bana topic!!!! :D :WW:

OMG I would loveeeeeeeeeee to wear a Bana everyday!!!!!

Veer Ji u are so lucky!!! But i just have a few questions!!

I absoultely intend to wear Bana everyday some point in my life, i want to start as quickly as i can!

1) But what about work? Do they allow you to wear Bana or do u have to wear uniform? I have an interview with H Samuels (Jewellers) and they all wear suits, would i be made to wear a suit??

2) What about Dhumalla Shashter? do police say anythin? are you allowed to wear all 5 in ur Dastar freely showing?

3) Im guessin ur not allowed to wear da masssive Kirpana outside lol, so do you keep your Gatra over ur Bana or under?

Could someone please answer these questions!! I REALLY WANNA WEAR A BANA EVERYDAY!!

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

O yh sorry thats another point!! I suppose you wear Chand Tora everyday aswell? And what bout wen ur at home and wen ur sleeping??

Guest _B4ND4_

WAHH :3singh3:

WAHH BAI WAHH :happy: ..Is that Papi (Guest) by any chance?? :gg:

Guest Guest
It's

Bani

then

Bana

ORDER MATTERS !!!!!!!!

theyre all just as important as eachother

Think about it this way,

a sikh can exist without bana ( i'm talking about stuff other than 5 kakkar's)

a sikh can NOT exist without bani.

You tell me which one is more important

Waheguru!! Atlast a Bana topic!!!! :D :WW:

OMG I would loveeeeeeeeeee to wear a Bana everyday!!!!!

Veer Ji u are so lucky!!! But i just have a few questions!!

I absoultely intend to wear Bana everyday some point in my life, i want to start as quickly as i can!

1) But what about work? Do they allow you to wear Bana or do u have to wear uniform? I have an interview with H Samuels (Jewellers) and they all wear suits, would i be made to wear a suit??

2) What about Dhumalla Shashter? do police say anythin? are you allowed to wear all 5 in ur Dastar freely showing?

3) Im guessin ur not allowed to wear da masssive Kirpana outside lol, so do you keep your Gatra over ur Bana or under?

Could someone please answer these questions!! I REALLY WANNA WEAR A BANA EVERYDAY!!

AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL!!!

O yh sorry thats another point!! I suppose you wear Chand Tora everyday aswell? And what bout wen ur at home and wen ur sleeping??

bumppppp

Guest _Gupt kaur_

Gurfateh jee.

I will answer your baana question, but im keepin my Identity gupt.

I work in a within the health services, theyre fine with me wearing baana, but thats because you can wear what you like. If there are specific uniforms you may have to follow the dress code. Not too sure bout working in a jewellers, they cant discriminate you on what you wear can they?

Cant answer this one, i dont wear a damala.

I wear my kirpaan underneath my baana.

If u wanna keep the rehit, go for it :)

gurfateh jee