Bana Everyday

Guest gobinday

a Bana is quite hard to get hold of in the UK, can't just go to the Gurdwara and buy one. Need to get it made to measure back home.

That's no excuse, you're jus bein lazy lol ... there's plenty of shops out there as well as online

Also if you live in a majority white area where they don't know much about sikhi, the ignorant people are just gonna think its osama bin laden in a dress!

who cares??? be proud of what you are and stand up for who you are, guroo jee's khaalsaa! cuz in that case we gta take our dastaar's off and cut our daari's, but no we aint gna do that, not now not ever! we should go crazy biggin up guroo jee's uniform and carryin around as much shastar as possible (makin sure u dont break the law either) we need to show the world who we are!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a Bana is quite hard to get hold of in the UK, can't just go to the Gurdwara and buy one. Need to get it made to measure back home.

That's no excuse, you're jus bein lazy lol ... there's plenty of shops out there as well as online

Also if you live in a majority white area where they don't know much about sikhi, the ignorant people are just gonna think its osama bin laden in a dress!

who cares??? be proud of what you are and stand up for who you are, guroo jee's khaalsaa! cuz in that case we gta take our dastaar's off and cut our daari's, but no we aint gna do that, not now not ever! we should go crazy biggin up guroo jee's uniform and carryin around as much shastar as possible (makin sure u dont break the law either) we need to show the world who we are!

Lool, Phaaji your right, I am being lazy. But I wouldn't know the first thing about wearing a bana. What sizes do they come in? And online? list of websites quick... and where do you buy your's from? how to tell a good quality bana, from not so good. And... material, with this english weather ya gonna need a thick one for the winter with leg warmers, which are coming back into fashion. lol

Kesh katal is deep, and makes me feel sick. :6

same with shastar. there's not many skilled sikh sword makers in the uk! most of the stuff comes from back home?

Lool, Phaaji your right, I am being lazy. But I wouldn't know the first thing about wearing a bana. What sizes do they come in? And online? list of websites quick... and where do you buy your's from? how to tell a good quality bana, from not so good. And... material, with this english weather ya gonna need a thick one for the winter with leg warmers, which are coming back into fashion. lol

Kesh katal is deep, and makes me feel sick. :6

same with shastar. there's not many skilled sikh sword makers in the uk! most of the stuff comes from back home?

vaaheguroo!! hahaha loool! u think about too many things... i get mine made from india cuz sum1 and sum1 ends up goin every year, but check dis site out >>> http://www.sikhishop.com/store/index.php maybe somebody else could give you more info about the materials an stuff... there is a shop in the UK, Birmingham, Smethwick called Punjabi Roots... but i aint got no contact numebr for them, sorry

maharaj made us a panth of weirdos, but we for some reason cannot except it

we are NIARE

no one else walks around wearing all blue armed to the teeth with dastaaraa reahing the skies

jab eh gahe bipran ki rit mai na karo in ki pratit

If Guru Ji's roop is weird, meaning that he's weird, then by all means I'm PROUD TO BE WEIRD!! If it means dressing in Guru Ji's roop. Think before you say disdainful words about Guru Ji's roop, even you wear bana yourself you shouldn't use such words. What really makes us use these sort of words against Sikhi is due to Manmukh society of gora, kala and asians making us think how they dress is "NORMAL" and the "RIGHT" way of dressing.

oh wow

u guys scrooed up my point like crazy

weird is sumthing different, against the norm, or niara in punjabi

i apologize for the misunderstanding

Guest gobinday
It's good you wear Bana since it is a Rehat that should be followed. And other people making excuses, should recognise their own Dhill rather than suggesting Bana Rehat is unneeded.

But I don't think you are promoting it in the right way, saying "I keep Bana Rehat and nobody else does", why not have Nimrata and promote it with Pyaar.

What about Rehats such as Sarbloh Bibek, Pukka Amritvela, extra Bania every day, these are all Rehats also and instead of bigging ourselves up for keeping these Rehats instead why don't we thank Guru Ji he has given them us for now (he may take them away in the future) and realise we are only human and for one person trying their best, is different to another person trying their best, and focus on the bigger picture, who knows where we could be in 5, 10 or 20 years time.

im not bigging myself up, someone asked me if i wear bana everyday and i just replied saying yes i do

It's

Bani

then

Bana

ORDER MATTERS !!!!!!!!

theyre all just as important as eachother

Bana is a Khalsa tradition which has been maintained and evolved by the guardians of our faith - the Nihangs. I do not believe Guru Gobind Singh made what people call bana, an order - he wanted a Khalsa to be tyaar-bar-tyaar. Kachera is the minimum requirement, otherwise dress appropriately for the society you live in - in the UK you can wear what you want and if you want to wear a neela chola with dastar bunga then go ahead. Heh why not go the whole distance and instead of driving a mercedes, buy an Arab mare (or raid a Sheikh's house and take one) and use that for your daily transport. I'll stick with the former option.

Just a thought - but I reckon if dark blue Levi 501s were available to the Punjab in puratan times, this would become our bana? After all Clint Eastwood was always tyaar-bar-tyaar in the movies?

if you read the rehat maryada it clearly says BANA

if you want Guru Gobind Singhs full roop, then wear bana, if you dont want his full roop, then dont wear bana and dont bother taking amrit

ello dudes..

ahaaaaaaaaa bana topic...nice nice. yh singhji here is the only bana wearing singh in the whole of west wales.....now THAT is commitment *gulp*

well for me you see...its like this............... i dnt wanna present myself as more religious then i am by wearing bana...

i love sikhi laaoooods :lol: but lykkk i dnt wanna disgrace the guru by being a khalsa on the outside n not the inside if you get meh!

so it has to come from the inside..out i think. :gg:

wjkk wjkf

if you want Guru Gobind Singhs full roop, then wear bana, if you dont want his full roop, then dont wear bana and dont bother taking amrit

Where in Guru Gobind Singh's Rehat Maryada did he write this? Did he define bana? If you quote historical rahits, then like I said, travel about on horses and learn falconry. Bana is a Khalsa tradition and that's that. Furthermore, who says that if you do not where bana, then do not bother taking amrit? The comment is ill concieved and indicates that your knowledge about Sikhi is very juvenile.

I admire seeing people wearing bana as it fills me with great pride about the Khalsa history and traditions, but it is not a uniform laid down by Guru Gobind Singh ji, it is a Khalsa tradition maintained by the nihangs and has only been popularised amongst wider Sikhs in the last half a century. Great Sikhs like Bhai Sahib have been pictured wearing what was fashionable and current in their day. For instance in Bhai Sahib's day the black sherwani and white chooridar paijama were popular amongst the nobility and educated in northern India.

Today a Sikh wearing a Saville Row suit walking down the high street is no less Guru Gobind Singh's Sikh than any other because of what he wears. A Khalsa brother will recognise a fellow Khalsa brother irrespective of what he wears and both are children of Dasmesh pita.

Guest Guest
I admire seeing people wearing bana as it fills me with great pride about the Khalsa history and traditions, but it is not a uniform laid down by Guru Gobind Singh ji, it is a Khalsa tradition maintained by the nihangs and has only been popularised amongst wider Sikhs in the last half a century. Great Sikhs like Bhai Sahib have been pictured wearing what was fashionable and current in their day. For instance in Bhai Sahib's day the black sherwani and white chooridar paijama were popular amongst the nobility and educated in northern India.

Today a Sikh wearing a Saville Row suit walking down the high street is no less Guru Gobind Singh's Sikh than any other because of what he wears. A Khalsa brother will recognise a fellow Khalsa brother irrespective of what he wears and both are children of Dasmesh pita.

WAHH :3singh3: