Bana Everyday

Guest gobinday

Guest gobinday
maharaj made us a panth of weirdos, but we for some reason cannot except it

we are NIARE

no one else walks around wearing all blue armed to the teeth with dastaaraa reahing the skies

jab eh gahe bipran ki rit mai na karo in ki pratit

well if you dont like bana then leave the panth

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I have a message to the Sangat

Guru Gobind Singh Jee has given us Bana as one of the 5 pillars of Sikhism

BANA bani seva simran and shastar

but why do i see very few people wearing Bana on a daily basis? why do you wear kalljug clothes when Guru Gobind Singh has given you his beautiful Bana

in Sri Sarbloh Granth, Guru Gobind Singh Jee says, Khalsa mero roop hai khas - the khalsa is my true image/form

so if you are a khalsa, why do you not look like Guru Gobind Singh? if you have taken amrit and refuse to wear bana, then why did you take amrit?

Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Harbhajan Khalsa said 'most sikhs hate bana and some of you are starting to hate it too, well sikh dharma has money go take it and shave off, we dont need you and you dont need us'

another quote from Sri Sarbloh Granth - 'so long as the Khalsa stays true in deeds and appearance, so long i shall give them all of my glory and strength, but if they follow the ways of others, i shall withdraw all of my support.'

WAKE UP KHALSA JEE AND WALK THE PATH OF GURU GOBIND SINGH JEE, LIVE IN HIS FULL ROOP!

Fateh Jio

ok this question comes up alot. But i am going to ask you one question...do you wear a bana everyday? because if u don't then you are basically being a hypocrit and asking this question when you don't yourself. sorry but that is the truth its abit harsh but thats life. Today's society has changed and people find it hard do fit it in. there are many reasons but that is just one.

Sorry if i offened anyone.

pul chuk maaf

Fateh Jio

wjkk, wjkf

yes i certainly DO wear bana everyday and i am the only sikh in west wales, so i stand out like Guru Gobind Singh Jee intended me to

A very valid point which I agree with.

How does one balance this with other aspects of life such as the need to wear a uniform (i.e. armed forces, police, fire, ambulance, )? What about doctors and nurses? Just a thought. Some would also argue that Bana does not necessarily lead to that person becoming automatically spiritual...far from it.

it doesnt make you more or less spiritual by wearing bana, but the reaosn we wear it and have all the kakkars is taht Guru Gobind Singh jee said, if you follow this rehat maryada then you WILL be me, so we are living the legacy f Guru Gobiind Singh, Guru Gobind Singh Jee also said that his form is the khalsa, there is no difference between him and the khalsa, therefore we must wear bana to live in his full roop, can you imagine Mahraj wearing trackies? or a suit and tie?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest _Devil_
maharaj made us a panth of weirdos, but we for some reason cannot except it

we are NIARE

no one else walks around wearing all blue armed to the teeth with dastaaraa reahing the skies

jab eh gahe bipran ki rit mai na karo in ki pratit

If Guru Ji's roop is weird, meaning that he's weird, then by all means I'm PROUD TO BE WEIRD!! If it means dressing in Guru Ji's roop. Think before you say disdainful words about Guru Ji's roop, even you wear bana yourself you shouldn't use such words. What really makes us use these sort of words against Sikhi is due to Manmukh society of gora, kala and asians making us think how they dress is "NORMAL" and the "RIGHT" way of dressing.

Guest Guest

It's good you wear Bana since it is a Rehat that should be followed. And other people making excuses, should recognise their own Dhill rather than suggesting Bana Rehat is unneeded.

But I don't think you are promoting it in the right way, saying "I keep Bana Rehat and nobody else does", why not have Nimrata and promote it with Pyaar.

What about Rehats such as Sarbloh Bibek, Pukka Amritvela, extra Bania every day, these are all Rehats also and instead of bigging ourselves up for keeping these Rehats instead why don't we thank Guru Ji he has given them us for now (he may take them away in the future) and realise we are only human and for one person trying their best, is different to another person trying their best, and focus on the bigger picture, who knows where we could be in 5, 10 or 20 years time.

Guest singhni_guest
It's good you wear Bana since it is a Rehat that should be followed. And other people making excuses, should recognise their own Dhill rather than suggesting Bana Rehat is unneeded.

But I don't think you are promoting it in the right way, saying "I keep Bana Rehat and nobody else does", why not have Nimrata and promote it with Pyaar.

What about Rehats such as Sarbloh Bibek, Pukka Amritvela, extra Bania every day, these are all Rehats also and instead of bigging ourselves up for keeping these Rehats instead why don't we thank Guru Ji he has given them us for now (he may take them away in the future) and realise we are only human and for one person trying their best, is different to another person trying their best, and focus on the bigger picture, who knows where we could be in 5, 10 or 20 years time.

Exactly focus on the bigger picture. Its easy to wear bana but how easy is it for us to do naam abhiyaas in one position for 5 hours. Verrryy difficult. Instead you should be encouraging our brothers and sisters to do more naam/gurbani abhiyaas - something that will certainly make Guru sahib ji proud of us.

Good Post.

Bana is a Khalsa tradition which has been maintained and evolved by the guardians of our faith - the Nihangs. I do not believe Guru Gobind Singh made what people call bana, an order - he wanted a Khalsa to be tyaar-bar-tyaar. Kachera is the minimum requirement, otherwise dress appropriately for the society you live in - in the UK you can wear what you want and if you want to wear a neela chola with dastar bunga then go ahead. Heh why not go the whole distance and instead of driving a mercedes, buy an Arab mare (or raid a Sheikh's house and take one) and use that for your daily transport. I'll stick with the former option.

Just a thought - but I reckon if dark blue Levi 501s were available to the Punjab in puratan times, this would become our bana? After all Clint Eastwood was always tyaar-bar-tyaar in the movies?

a Bana is quite hard to get hold of in the UK, can't just go to the Gurdwara and buy one. Need to get it made to measure back home.

Also if you live in a majority white area where they don't know much about sikhi, the ignorant people are just gonna think its osama bin laden in a dress!