Bana Everyday

Guest gobinday

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bana is defined when Guru Gobind Singh in Sarbloh Granth says Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas, The Khalsa is my True image/form. therefore a Khalsa should have the same roop as the Guru.

In Sarbloh Granth, Guru Gobind Singh also writes, 'Khalsa mera satgur poora' The Khalsa is my perfect true Guru. therefore we should decorate ourselves as Guru Gobind Singh. look at the panj pyare, did Guru Gobind Singh not decorate them, they are identical to the Guru, they are the Khalsa.

the image you showed was created in the 20th century. older drawings of sikhs show a very short bana - to the waist in front and longer in back. the kachhera are large and baggy and to the knees. the shoes are wooden sandles, juti, or no shoes are worn.

none of that is reasonable for modern life, especially for women.

modern paintings of pooran Singhnia always show a long bana, pajami, dastaar, and chunni over it, while old drawings of singhnia show long skirts (!), a very small keski at the top of the head, and a LONG chunni over the keski.

i hope people can see how it might be confusing. our modern interpretation of bana is most likely not the same thing our Guru ji wore.

hence my looking for a distinct discription.

as it is, i agree with the singhni above. to me, bana is a full dastaar and 5 k's with modest clothing. and she's right, a girl in a dastaar can be seen a mile away. :)

Guest gobinday
as a kaur i always understood khalasa mayroo roop hai khaas as in having a dastar whihc is what makes us stand out in society

u can see anyone with a datsar a mile away

i believe in wearing modest clothes and not clothes that attrack atention

we are Guru Gobind singhs jis sons/daughters

i would really like sum feedback on my views

wjkk wjkf!

wjkk wjkf, listen my sister, if you have taken amrit then you have given your head to Guru Gobind Singh and Guru Gobind Singh has given his head to you, everything that you own belongs to him and everything that the Guru owns belongs to the Guru, why wear someone elses clothes and not the Gurus clothes? his Bana. it is a Hukum to wear Bana as part of rehat, so why not follow the Guru.... follow the Guru and meet your destiny, follow your egos and meert your fate.... Satnaaam .. dastaar is very good also, but why not have the full roop as the Guru has commanded?

Guest gobinday
Bana is defined when Guru Gobind Singh in Sarbloh Granth says Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khas, The Khalsa is my True image/form. therefore a Khalsa should have the same roop as the Guru.

In Sarbloh Granth, Guru Gobind Singh also writes, 'Khalsa mera satgur poora' The Khalsa is my perfect true Guru. therefore we should decorate ourselves as Guru Gobind Singh. look at the panj pyare, did Guru Gobind Singh not decorate them, they are identical to the Guru, they are the Khalsa.

the image you showed was created in the 20th century. older drawings of sikhs show a very short bana - to the waist in front and longer in back. the kachhera are large and baggy and to the knees. the shoes are wooden sandles, juti, or no shoes are worn.

modern paintings of pooran Singhnia always show a long bana, pajami, dastaar, and chunni over it, while old drawings of singhnia show long skirts (!), a very small keski at the top of the head, and a LONG chunni over the keski.

i hope people can see how it might be confusing. our modern interpretation of bana is most likely not the same thing our Guru ji wore.

as it is, i agree with the singhni above. to me, bana is a full dastaar and 5 k's with modest clothing. and she's right, a girl in a dastaar can be seen a mile away. :)

Bana is seperate to the panj kakkars and dastaar because the Rehat says that you should complement your kes with a dhamalla, this is said seperate to Bani Bana Seva Simran. so are the panj kakkars.

actually, the oldest paintings of Guru Gobind Singh are similar to the one i just showed you, same Bana. the Nihangs keep the rehat and Bana as best they can of Guru Gobind Singh, look at their bana!

Guru Gobind Singh - 'so long as the Khalsa keeps the Niara i shall give them all of my support, but if they FOLLOW THE WAYS OF OTHERS then i shall give them no support' your following the ways of others if your wearing other clothes, yogi harbhajan khalsa came to london and grabbed a singh by the tie and said 'WHOS TIE IS THIS?!!! you decieved me when you came to me last week in bana! and now in your work place your wearing the clothes of others!'

Guest gobinday

Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Harbhajan Khalsa - 'religion is here to test our egos, I think that most sikhs dont want to wear bana because they want to set themselves amongst the commoners, they dont want people to identify themselves as Sikhs of the Guru, those who are blessed with Sikh Dharma and dont want to share it with others, we dont need you and you dont need us, get out!, clear it out!

ok jasleen kaur, you can wear your bosses tie at work because you belong to your boss, ill wear the Gurus Bana because i belong to the Guru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

Guest gobinday

the Bana that nihangs keep is the Bana of Guru Gobind Singh, it has been kept since 1699, the only difference between now and then is that it used to be laced with gold and it was done up with strings on the side, now it has buttons on the front, the Bana has been kept for all this time, so many have given their lives, so many Singh and Singhnia have given their lives for this Bana! its drenched in the blood of or shaheeds! why not wear such Bana? so many died so you can wear this Niara today, Guru Gobind Singh himself worked through them. Sikh Dharma shall flourish with or without you and the Khalsa shall rule the earth! Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Harbhajan Khalsa - 'Bana are the clothes of the future'