Ear Help

Guest _miss_kaur_

Guest _miss_kaur_

Wjkk Wjkf,

I've been wearing a dastaar for the lasst 6 months and it's been awesome :D but now my ears hurt alot. Before it was bearable and wouldn't bother as much. Now, my ears get hot, they have scars on them and dont look so pretty lol.

I've been told to cover my entire ear, which should make it better, been trying that and I don't really see a difference

Also been told to use cotton pads, haven't attempted this one yet.

Finally, just start tying with my ears out until they heal.

Any other advice from the sangat ?

:3:

Wjkk Wjkf

Same thing happened to me... and this is how i fixed the problem.. at least a bit.. also depends on what turban material one is using.. I use terry rubia material...

Wear Daastar only once then send it off for wash

Machine wash and USE electric dryer only (which gives a bit softness to the turban material

i have this problem since my 6 th standard ... my left ear gets wounds ... cotton helps but if its moved even a little bit after tying turban it would produce buring sensation ... i have changed little bit my turban style ... try this ... keep ur first ladh little mota and below the problem area of ear ... dont cover it in first ladh ...

and yeah do apply medicine before u sleep ... make it a habbit !!!

Guest Guest

I had this problem some time ago, you need to think about how you tie each larr of your dastar (the larrs that go over your ears do not need to be tight, they can be loose, other larrs round your head can be tight) and yes covering the entire ear is better most likely. Also you may want to consider going a few weeks/months not tying anything over your ears, just tie a small keski, to let your ears rest and heal.

You should also make your dastar material softer by using lots of fabric softener/fabric conditioner when you wash it. Try using mal mal material.

WJKK WJKF

wats ur pagg style? punjabi style or dumala style or nanaksar style or naamdhaari style (dont see problem with this coz naamdhari dont cover ear...lol)...

anyways, dont wear same pagg with same lad for more than 1-2 times and then put it in wash.

next time, make sure the pagg is proper dry. dont use water on pagg before u tie as this make the clothe soft at the start but later on when it is dry, it hurts and becomes too tight.

most useful tip: take a soft tissue and fold in untill it becomes half the size of your ear. not put it at the back of the ear and lift your ear little bit. DO NOT PUT IT ON THE SCAR (ON TOP OF YOUR EAR).

take the first ladd gently so that the tissue stays there at the back of the ear and then do the normal style, keeping in mind that the issue shouldnt move.

initially you will feel little un-confirtable coz ur ear will be lifted up, not trust be there wont be any pain....lol

hope this helps and if it does, send us a pic of ur beautiful pagg.

wjkk wjkf

you know when you cover your whole ear, make sure the edge of the dastaar doesnt go over the middle of your ear, make sure its at the bottom of your ear, cuz then the edge cuts into your ear... it helped me... otherwise stick to ears out! sooooo comfy! but wudnt really help you in a fyt cuz it'll prbbly come flyin off haha an a white dastaar is always the most comfortable to wear because it has not been dyed or coloured so it maintains its natural soft feel

vaahegurooo!

lyk one of the veereh said above..depends on ur dastar style..

if u do a dhamaalaa..

best way to feel NO pain is..

wen doin the / \ do it not loose.. but not tyte eitehr do it so its jus comfortable..covering ur WHOLE ear, and when you come on to do the larrs.. dont go over ur ears...js do ur larrs over ur ear lobe..den ul b chilling!!

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaluhh

Its not just you...

Been tying my dastaar for years, first used to tie folded style, then 'normal' nook (v shape) style and last 4+ years, gol dastaar. Every style can be a bit awkward on the ears.

Some days its fine, others it will be pretty bad, depends on how i've managed to tie it. And give your ears a break sometimes :) Like yesterday & today... my ears have been out, my ears weren't hurting but thought i'd give them a break anyway (nobody seems to notice whether they are in our out anyway)

Just experiment tying it in the same style as you do but in different ways like different place on your ear, second lar slightly higher, tie it slightly tighter/looser, use different material etc - makes big difference

if ur tying a dumala type of dastar n want to keep ears tucked try doing the dastar with ears out then the last few lars u have cover the ears. this might help as there wont be too mich tension on the ears with those lars. and try using a softer material like mal mal this may be easy on the ears