Dhoor721

I have to disagree.. sorry. I'm not looking for arguments here but just wish to make myself clear.

These are the arths from the webpage:

not :—bMdgI vwly muslmwn &kIr kys (zul&W) r`Kdy hn, ies vwsqy ‘klMdr’ dy nwl l&z ‘kysv’ BI vriqAw hY [ AbdwlI &kIr isr auqy ku`lw (au~cI nok vwlI topI) pWdy hn; v`fw colw, lMmw qMbw Awidk auhnW dI puSwk huMdI hY [ nwmdyv jI iksy AbdwlI &kIr ƒ vyK ky prmwqmw ƒ BI AbdwlI rUp ivc ibAwn krdy hn [ jdoN bwdSwh ny frwvy id`qy, qW nwmdyv jI kihx l`gy ik myrI pYj r`Kx leI ‘gruV cVy goibMdu Awielw’ [ infr ho ky iek k`tV muslmwn dy swhmxy prmwqmw dw auh srUp d`sdy hn jo ihMdU purwxW ny imiQAw hoieAw hY [ pr jdoN mMdr ivcoN k`Fy jwx dw izkr krdy hn qW Awpxy pRBU ƒ muslmwnI rUp ivc ibAwn krdy hn [ iksy ^ws srUp dy pujwrI nhIN hn, auhnW dw prmwqmw ‘sgl bydysvw’ ivc iPrn vwlw (ivAwpk) hY [

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concering "Sabat Soorat Dastar Siraa," I've always heard SOGGS quote it, but I never understood it...where's it from...and what's the final decision? does it apply to both sikhs and muslims, or only muslims, or what? heh, sorry, i'm a moorakh...

another question that's related to this...how would you guys answer this...a lot of people tell me that we don't need to keep our hair cause it's not mentioned in SGGS...they say that if SGGS is supposed to be everything we need to achieve salvation/mukhti (after all, it's our GURU), then what's the need to follow anything not mentioned there? and if hair isn't mentioned, then why keep it?

how would u answer this question? is there any logical argument we could make besides saying rehat is important? if we bring up rehatnamas, they say these don't matter cause it's not in SGGS, and we should only follow our current guru (SGGS)...I frankly have no idea how to answer this question...help?

and who says importance of Kesh isn't mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib ji?

I really don't like getting into these debates because now people are questioning about importance of kesh in Guru Sahib (which there is), when someone provides them with quotes about kesh, they will move to kirpan, then kangha, then karra, then kachera... people who wants reasons to go away from Sikhi will find them one way or the other and there's no reason for stopping them.

I totally agree with SOGGSJ ji.people who want the excuses get their excuses easily to leave the dress code of a Sikh.

SGGS ji contains bani which tells us how to grow spirtually.But Sahib Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji told us that for a Sikh, BANA and BANI are equally important.

It was Sahib Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji who told us that ur next guru is SGGS ji.And along with that he also gave us Rehat to follow.So we can't follow his one thing and leave other.If SSGS ji is our present Guru then Sahib Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji was also our tenth guru. So we cannot disobey any one of our Guru (who gave his everything for Khalsa and justice).

It was Sahib Shri Guru Gobind Singh ji who understood the power of kesh so suggested us the same.There is a reference in Gyan Ratnavali that Guru nanak also told Mardana not to disrespect his hair.

I hope this will help.

and who says importance of Kesh isn't mentioned in Guru Granth Sahib ji?

I really don't like getting into these debates because now people are questioning about importance of kesh in Guru Sahib (which there is), when someone provides them with quotes about kesh, they will move to kirpan, then kangha, then karra, then kachera... people who wants reasons to go away from Sikhi will find them one way or the other and there's no reason for stopping them.

Veer ji, if you wouldn't mind, could you please share some quotes from SGGS that say that we should keep hair? I would appreciate it very much because i have very little knowledge :@

qyry bMky loiex dMq rIswlw ]

thaerae ba(n)kae loein dha(n)th reesaalaa ||

Your eyes are so beautiful, and Your teeth are delightful.

sohxy nk ijn lµmVy vwlw ]

sohanae nak jin la(n)marrae vaalaa ||

Your nose is so graceful, and Your hair is so long.

This shabad tells us surrop of vaaheguru is that with long hair. If he has kesh, why shouldn't we?

mUf muMfwey jO isiD pweI ]

moodd mu(n)ddaaeae ja sidhh paaee ||

If the spiritual perfection of the Siddhas could be obtained by shaving the head,

mukqI Byf n geIAw kweI ]2]

mukathee bhaedd n geeaa kaaee ||2||

then why haven't sheep found liberation? ||2||

Here Bhagat Kabeer Ji is accusing even those people who cut their hair for their religious reasons.