Takht Hazoor Sahib Rejects Akal Takht Gurmatta

blatisingh

Amritsar, June 8

In a jolt to Jathedar, Akal Takht, Giani Joginder Singh Vedanti, Takht Hazoor Sahib today decided, in principle, to reject the Gurmatta passed by the Sikh clergy at Akal Takht on June 6.

Jathedar, Patna Sahib, Giani Iqbal Singh had already rejected the religious resolutions passed at a meeting of Sikh high priests at Akal Takht secretariat. Talking to The Tribune from Abchal Nagar (Maharashtra), Giani Kulwant Singh, Jathedar, Takht Hazoor Sahib, said any decision without the presence of the representatives of all five Takhts had no value.

He said it was a matter of concern that Takht Hazoor Sahib and Takht Patna Sahib were not invited to the meeting of Akal Takht to take arbitrary decisions without opposition.

Takht Hazoor Sahib has deputed senior functionaries to collect facts, including the copy of the controversial Gurmatta. The meeting of Sikh high priests at Akal Takht on June 6 had put undeclared ban on the entry of Giani Iqbal Singh on the pretext that he had been misusing his authority as Jathedar. Takht Hazoor Sahib believes the controversial decisions taken at Akal Takht secretariat, including appeal made to Sikh masses to ignore the decisions of Giani Iqbal Singh, are “most unfortunate” which aim at dividing the Sikh clerics.

Takht Hazoor Sahib has also supported the stand of Giani Iqbal Singh and other Sikh high priests of Takht Patna Sahib on Dasam Granth. Both Takhts believe Dasam Granth was penned by Guru Gobind Singh.

Jathedar Kulwant Singh has also taken a serious view of allowing breakaway group of dera Wadbhag Singh to join Sikhism. He said a formal decision regarding Dera Wadbhag Singh would be taken by Takht Hazoor Sahib shortly.

Coming heavily on Jathedar Vedanti, Bhai Ranjit Singh, a former Jathedar, Akal Takht, has said the Sikhs had snapped ties with Baba Wadbhag Singh and his followers during Guru’s period. He said time had come to remove Vedanti as Jathedar, Akal Takht, for his alleged violation of the Maryada.

Bhai Ranjit Singh called upon Sikh masses to reject Giani Vedanti as Jathedar. He alleged it was for the first time Akal Takht has put its official stamp on a religious dera working in violation of the established Sikh Maryada since the period of the Sikh Gurus.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not, personally, question Hazooor sahib. Although their some brahminical practices continue. They might be right about this dera issue. SGPC has been unable to stop Deravad and now it is gone out of hand. People equally are responsible for promoting dehdhari gurus. In a city like Chandigarh and Mohali, where you expect majority of people to be well educated, majority of Sikhs are followers of Deras. When educated people flock to deras it is not difficult to imagine the state of uneducated and poor.

But, giani Iqbal Singh is a very controversial person and Anti-Panth. If there is person needing to be sacked, no one is more deserving than Iqbal Singh. Also, bhai Ranjit singh is not what he seems, he is only fishing in troubled waters.

Takhts in Punjab - They are maintained by thugs - SGPC which in its turn in controlled by Shiromani Akali Dal. So wouldnt comment to much.

Takhts outside Punjab - They are free from SGPC which is good. But they are highly influenced by BJP and Hindu rituals like arti-arta etc which they claim are puratan Sikhi, but those practises crept in while Hindi minded mahants controlled the gurdwaras and turned them into 'Sikh mandirs'. These rituals are against the basics of Sikhi itself.

So can't say which takht is right or wrong. I am just a quiet spectator to the whole drama.

Those that are Nirmala and Udasi Sants we make our Guru’s mausoleums. The other thing is there are many mausoleums of Shiromani Committee. Where they can make good money they keep others they want to demolish. Now Baba Bota Singh and Baba Deep Singh both theirs are mausoleums. They keep them why because there is money to be made. Mausoleum of any other Sant where there is no money [for them] they want to destroy. There are many mausoleums where there is no money for them. So indirectly they also accept mausoleums.’

Baba Teja Singh Nirmala, transcript of interview on 12-03-2001

Shromani Committee is the greatest traitor to Sikhism. It does no preaching of Sikhism. It consumes but money even of ‘Sadhs’ (so-called holy men). It is handing over ‘Kar Seva’ (selfless charity work) of Sikh temples to them (on exchange for money). Simple truth is it is handing over Sikh temples to Sadhs. For twenty fifty years, it is leasing to them. Who’s going to get them back? This Shiromani Committee is but spending the money on politics they have no understanding or religion ……If Shiromani Committee remains any longer it is the end of Sikhism.’

Akali Nihang Baba Mehr Singh, transcript of interview on 18-03-2001

i wouldnt question singh sahib kulwant singh either.... at least they follow maryada.

I have had the privledge to speak to Giani Kulwant Singh Ji at some lenght on several points of gurmat. I have never been so shocked at their responses and their knowledge and avastha. I had persumed there would just be another political muppet on the jathedar soapbox. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WAS TRUE. They are a puran gursikh who just ooze naam and gursikhi. They have nothing but pure pyaar and devotion towards Guruji, the type that makes you feel at peace while sitting in their company. If only the three sgpc, jathedars were of the same qualties our panth would be united and progressing in leaps and bounds. How many of the Sgpc jathedars would question how much nitnem you do, encourage you to do more nitnem and waheguru abyaas. The sgpc jathedars would rather speak to you about voting for badal and their latest political stunts, than anything to do their with their jobs

Also all the internet warriors that question and slander the marayda of Sachkand sahib, why is it that going there makes you feel closer to Guruji and detahced from Maya than any other place I have been to? Could it possibly be that it is because they have refused to change the marayada there at the whim of the latest SGPC rulings over the years?

Guru Ka das

Rupinder

i wouldnt question singh sahib kulwant singh either.... at least they follow maryada.

I have had the privledge to speak to Giani Kulwant Singh Ji at some lenght on several points of gurmat. I have never been so shocked at their responses and their knowledge and avastha. I had persumed there would just be another political muppet on the jathedar soapbox. THE COMPLETE OPPOSITE WAS TRUE. They are a puran gursikh who just ooze naam and gursikhi. They have nothing but pure pyaar and devotion towards Guruji, the type that makes you feel at peace while sitting in their company.

I second that point in bold. i had the opportunity to go to Sach Khand Hajoor Sahib and also meet Singh Sahib Kulwant Singh. When you sit next to him, then you know the devotion and piaar he has for Maharaj and the Guru's sangat.