Panjabradio Entertains Anti Dasam Granth Person.

GSMANN

I heard Panjab Radio when they had Darshan Singh a some weeks ago. He was clearly attacking Dasam bani.

Some of these guys are cunning (chalaak) - they write one thing and say another to cover themselves. I'm listening to Punjab Radio right now and can see which way Giani Gurbax Singh is going but will wait till the end of the program before saying anything.

-------

He said there shouldn't be any kintu-prentu about Sri Dasam Granth Ji but believes there shouldn't be Parkash of any other Granth alongside Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Just the usual SGPC/ Sikh missionary views on everything else. Don't see what the fuss was about.........

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gurbax Singh Gulshan said the following about the Dasam granth:

My view of the Dasam Granth is exactly what the guru panth Khalsa says.

I will only give answers according to the guru panth Khalsa. We should follow the Guru panth khalsa with sharda and piyar. The panth gave itts decision, the guru panth khalsa represents the Guru, the stamp has been given.

Regading Nitnem bania:

We should stay in accordance with the guru panth, the hukam of the panth regarding nitnem is clear, there is no question of these bania.

Regarding The parkash of other granths with the Guru granth Sahib:

Its not a suggestion (the hukamnama of the Akal Takhat) its an order to have no granth with Guru granth Sahib jee can be parkash . No other granth parkash when gurgaddi given……Guru manyioo granth said after ardass. We should follow the Guru panth Khalsa.

Akal Takhat jathedhar has handled the whole Prof Darshan Singh well, and I agree with the decisions.It’s a syani ghall that we should not argue and quarrel about the dasam granth. I ask Prof Darshan Singh with folded hands not to do this quarrel.

Jathedhar Mohan Singh has passed a mata at the Akal Takhat, no granth can be parkash with Guru granth Sahib when the question was bought to the jathedhar. Mata number 1 Dharamak salayag committee, the following question was asked: Some people do akhand path of dAsam granth Decision, is this correct? It was confirmed in the mata that no Akhand path can be done of the Dasam granth, however we can do veechara and read the dasam granth (not in the roop or way we do parkash of the Guru Granth Sahib jee)

One jathedhar issuing a hukamnama like Patna Sahib is wrong. The panthic decision can only be made by all 5Singh Sahiban at the Akal takhat.

Ghorandhar wrote

<<<<<Veer jee there is no rehitnama which says 5 bania and I have not come across any ithassic granth which gives the 5 bania, they all have different numbes with different bania. This does not mean its not 5 bania and neither does the writer say this. Veer jee could you scan Guru kian sakhiya and also tell us the author and publication as I have done with the book in question. Could you also do this with your 18th century documents. Ive not come across this. Thanks. The fact that he says 5 bania were decided after veechar and this is a panthic fainsla is something which you conviently miss out.>>>>

Response

Panj banis were decided by Sahib Guru Gobind singh ji in 1699.Read Guru kia sakhian by Bhai sarup singh Kaushish.It gives vivid details of the event.If you have not read that better keep quiet and noy create your own blasphemous fables.

Sikhism did not have discontinuity in its traditions.So traditions transferred from generation to generation since Guru ji's times.Crook Gulshan knows nothing about philosophical part of sikhism.He is a duki tikki who neither have read philosophy of sikh religion and nor has kamai of naam simran.Can he prove that so and so was his great grandfather.

It seems like the Damdmai Taksal, Nihangs and the IHRO and various people in the Punjab must all be dumb.

Case closed like i said.

Unfortunately you will have to do your own research: Guru Kian Sakhian written late 18th Century.

18th Century Dasam Granth manuscipts which i have inspected myself.

Convenient is it not? So you have no poof for the sources that you have written. I also suggest you email and ring Gurbax Singh with your evidence, but atleast give him more than you are giving me.

The Damdami Taksal and Nihangs dont follow the rehit maryada, your own sources (Taksal) attacks JAchak for saying women were allowed in the panj piyari, it seems they have also not read the rehit maryada. Not very reliable are they, these jhatas who dont even follow the panth.

Ghorandhar

Oldest rehat maryada of sikh panth is of Damdami taksal.This taksal was there when Baba Deep singh was there.

Ghorandhar wrote

<<<<What he says about the rehras is correct. Please read the Guru granth Sahib jee and you will come to the same conclusion. This has been concluded in the panthic sikh rehit maryada which he clearly says it is correct: Rather he says on page 64 at the bottom of the second paragaraph that neither the SGPC, any jhata or person has a right to change the maryada (either shorter or claiming its longer). Read the last sentence of that paragraph...

Response

What he says has no value.He is not pope of sikhism.He is an ordinary person with below average inteliigence.

Gulshan proved beyond doubt that he is a Kala Afghaniya in disguise...

He claims that the controversy of Sri Dasam Granth has been there since it was compiled...This is a total fallacy. This is what all Kale Afghaniyes claim. And this gives them room and an excuse to keep up their crusade against Dasam Bani.

One of the prerequisites of becoming a Granthi of Darbar Sahib is that he should be able to do Katha of Sri Dasam Granth alongwith Sri Guru Granth Sahib, and Vaar Bhai Gurdass. Didnt Gulshan know about this prerequisite when he applied for that job two year in a row? How can anyone do the Katha without doing parkash!!

Obviously Sant Jarnail Singh Bhindranwale and Sant Kartar Singh Bhindranwale were doing the katha from Sri Dasam Granth when it was being parkashed...Now Gulshan knows about Gurmat which they didnt.

Gulshan is criticising the maryada of parkash of Sri Dasam Granth at Patna Sahib and Hazoor Sahib as if these places have started doing the parkash recently. Here is the question: Whey rake up a non-issue when it is not even something new? And that too when the whole panth is concentrated on the Gurgaddi celebrations of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

This is exactly what Darshan Ragi did. He raked up the issue at Hazoor Sahib when it was not even needed. Hazoor Sahib was obviously concentrated on celebrating the Gurgaddi of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

This is why Akal Takhat called the critics of Sri Dasam Granth as mischievous miscreants. People like Gulshan and Darshan are trouble makers who want to divert ordinary Sikh's attention into useless controversies.

oye ghor.. yaar ik benti ya.. Tuh and teray kalay/chittay mittar ral keh ik nava cult shuroo karlo.. Saaanu karo maaf teh and saday dharam teh attack nah karo..

It exists.

This cult is called Akal Takhat :)

I'm actually surprised that those people who quickly point at the Akal Takhat Gurmatta condemning people rejecting Dasam Granth, are now REJECTING the Gurmatta that specifically REJECTS the practise of doing parkash of both Granth paralell.

Most people use Punnu, Dr Jodh Singh and G.S Lamba as their DG protectors - these people themselves say doing parkash of DG along Guru Granth Sahib is wrong.

Are you people seriously ok? All Gulshan's done is said "Decisions is already made by Panth. I accept the decision." Again and agian he said "I accept the decision." "I follow the decision?

Actually you know what, I think Ghorandhar Veer ji's lost it. He's lost the plot. He's following Akal Takhat to the point. He can't do that. That's not what Sikhs of that Panth do :)

oye ghor.. yaar ik benti ya.. Tuh and teray kalay/chittay mittar ral keh ik nava cult shuroo karlo.. Saaanu karo maaf teh and saday dharam teh attack nah karo..

It exists.

I'm actually surprised that those people who quickly point at the Akal Takhat Gurmatta condemning people rejecting Dasam Granth, are now REJECTING the Gurmatta that specifically REJECTS the practise of doing parkash of both Granth paralell.

Most people use Punnu, Dr Jodh Singh and G.S Lamba as their DG protectors - these people themselves say doing parkash of DG along Guru Granth Sahib is wrong.

Are you people seriously ok? All Gulshan's done is said "Decisions is already made by Panth. I accept the decision." Again and agian he said "I accept the decision." "I follow the decision?

Actually you know what, I think Ghorandhar Veer ji's lost it. He's lost the plot. He's following Akal Takhat to the point. He can't do that. That's not what Sikhs of that Panth do :)

You seriously miss the point here. You obviously dont do the parkash of a granth parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib when you have to do katha from it!

SRM clearly states that a 'book' (pustak) cannot be 'installed' (asthapna) 'parallel' (vakar/tul) to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Firstly, Sri Dasam Granth is not a 'pustak'. Secondly, whenever it is parkashed it is not done parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Even in Hazoor Sahib and Patna Sahib the parkash is not done parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Give it a thought

Ever noticed the parkash of Shasters on the main takhat at Akal Takhat...Sri Guru Granth Sahib is parkashed in the side...

Kale Afghaniyes will never understand these intricacies of Maryada

It exists.

Mr V

Why do not you ask gulshan if he has read DG even?He has not.

DG is a respected scripture of sikhs.It was in prakash at akal takhat till 1942.Heavens are not going to fall if it is in Prakash in gurudwaras.It does not have anything that is against sikh teachings.It is Granth without which sikhism will die.

It exists.

You seriously miss the point here. You obviously dont do the parkash of a granth parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib when you have to do katha from it!

SRM clearly states that a 'book' (pustak) cannot be 'installed' (asthapna) 'parallel' (vakar/tul) to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Firstly, Sri Dasam Granth is not a 'pustak'. Secondly, whenever it is parkashed it is not done parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Even in Hazoor Sahib and Patna Sahib the parkash is not done parallel to Sri Guru Granth Sahib. Give it a thought

Ever noticed the parkash of Shasters on the main takhat at Akal Takhat...Sri Guru Granth Sahib is parkashed in the side...

Kale Afghaniyes will never understand these intricacies of Maryada

At takhats SGGS is to the side.At main place are weapons.When you go to akal takhat watch this.That is where DG ,Granth of khalsa,was till 1942.

Small group of some ppl are going in circles.. They will never admit that they are wrong no matter what.... instead they will continue to post "Give me the proof this or that blah blah.." the worst example i heard from such group is.." Give me the proof that Baba Deep Singh ji fought headless" Oye lookoo sharam karlavo thora jeha... Bend yourself not the religion that you are born in.

Somehow this whole thing reminds me of some FATEH ppl (who are now known as SikhRi) out of texas, chicago and east coast area.. Same style of discussions and same tone of questioning the authority of our guru sahib jee, janam sakhian and so many other strong foundations of sikhi...

Anyway.. i hope & pray that young ppl don't get brainwashed by such groups...

Veer S1ngh, since when do Janamsakhis make up a "strong foundation" of Sikhi. I thought that strong foundation was Gurbani :)

Veeray, I'm not saying sakhis aren't important, Gurbani itself tells us the extreme importance of sakhis, but they should always be taken in the context of Gurbani. I'm not really sure how the sakhi of Baba Deep Singh Ji (and the extreme power of his ardaas and prem) is relevant into this discussion :)

Khalsaland, although the SRM clearly forbids the parkash or another "pustak" paralell, I sugges tyou updates yourself with the mattas. Jathedar recently issued a hukamnama specifically forbidding parkash of DG.

Inder Singh, you have yet to provide evidence of Akal Takhat parkashing DG in 1942, esp considering Akal Takhat sending sanes about not allowing parkash of DG as early as 1934 :)

Anyway, I'm out of here. Most people don't seem to care about what Akal Takhat has to say anyway, no matter how much they use Akal Takhat Gurmattas to suit their needs :)