Ban The Movie Singh Is King!

BAN SINGH IS KINNG  

51 members have voted

1. 1. DO U THINK WE SHOULD FILE AN ONLINE PETITION?

• YES
    • NO

Akshay Kumar, Deol family, Anil Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan, ajay Devgan etc all Are PUNJABI HINDUS... Why do Sikhs keep boasting about them, that they are Punjabi Sikhs?

Akshay's real name is Rajeev Hari Om Bhatia. He is a hindu who studied in Khalsa College.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this film is realistic this is the overwhelming majority of the "sikh" population, both of which I am not in support of, the film is about "singh" the origin of which goes beyond sikhs, if the film potrays anything wrong about our religion as a philosophy, i.e sikhs believe in polygamy or idol worship, than that is another thing.

This film has to be distinguished from the theatre play in birmingham a few years ago which was an insult to Sikhi, I can't believe ppl are comparing Guru Gobind Singh Ji's approach to the mughals to the opposition of this film.

If you don't like the film don't watch it, and educate anyone who is misleaded by it, I just hope this film is not used by people who just like to get into a mob and create havoc, which will potray the sikhs as extremists and fundamentalists, which is worse. As especially as this film may be targeted like the bombs that went off in india, which was wrongfully liked to sikhs, which again was worse for sikhs.

I would like to may it clear that I am not against those Tyaar par Tyaar Gursikhs who have protested peacefully in the past for valuable causes, in a manner consistent with sikhi, only resorting to armed or physical struggle when the situation has required such a response.

If the "real" gursikhs wish to peacefully demonstrate about any innaccuracies in the film I am supportive ( I don't include myself as a real sikh) as this would be fruitfull, but to just throw bricks at cinemas and other mindless violence is as foreign to Sikhi as this film.

Very well said my dear friend........why do we give his world a reason that you give Sikhs a reason and we will unleash the swords . Arent we strong enough to withstand some hick ups like a bollywood film which will be a passe in max a months time.

Someone in between also asked that who has polled not to ban the film. I m one of them who has voted not to ban the film.

FYI

The fims has already got approval from all major sikh authorities . A coupla disrespectful hurtful scene in the film have already been blacklisted.

Im nt advocating nyone here....just seein things as they are ...nd Im nt very comfortable i Misinterpreting things.

Fateh

First of all, I don't know why we Sikhs have such double standards. When a person from a non-Sikh community makes a film about the Sikh community we quickly jump to minor objections and create a huge kafuffle and stir up controversy. However, we do nothing when Bhangra artistes produce lewd and vulgar music videos. Ive never heard about a protest against Jassi Sidhu, Lehmbar Hussainpuri, Diljit, and all those other singers who call themselves Sikhs yet produce nothing but garbage and call it "maa boli di seva".

I think we first need to clear the clutter in our home and only then will we be in a better position to successfully carry out a protest. As they say in Panjabi "pehla apne manji thalle sota pher lavo".

Fateh.....

Nice of u to start this topic. But do u really think u will be able to ban this movie.

Sorry abt the blatent truth - but Regardless of whatever petition u make, and submit, this movie aint gonna get banned. Good or bad. Live with it. Think if you had made the movie, as a producer, will you really let it to be banned. Afterall it has passed the indian censor board. On top of that by the time you have your petition filed, and any action will be taken on it this will be like 6 months. lets be realistic here.

Why is that we (including me) have to wait for things to be made, completed, released in market and then we start taking steps to stop it.

This is such reactive stuff. We as a kaum and as a community need to be a lot more proactive so that these things dont happen in the first place.

Our so called <banned word filter activated> leaders need to take a step of ensuring that they have the rights/patents of ensuring that these movies/pictures have to take permission from them. Only then such movies/pictures/photos/music can be made.

Fateh . . . . . . ..

I have no problem at all with this movie.

Problem that I have with is our our own punjabi singers. Even our own singers with tuban and gotti

How come we never had any problem with these guys. They are the one wear khands and have all these negative things we know in their videos. They all know what is right and wrong.

We still buy their cds and go their shows. I never seen anybody questioned in interviews why they are wearing khands and do everything (that Akshay kumar did in this movie) from long time

I have no problem at all with this movie.

Problem that I have with is our our own punjabi singers. Even our own singers with tuban and gotti

How come we never had any problem with these guys. They are the one wear khands and have all these negative things we know in their videos. They all know what is right and wrong.

We still buy their cds and go their shows. I never seen anybody questioned in interviews why they are wearing khands and do everything (that Akshay kumar did in this movie) from long time

Thats a key issue that is ignored. We get people getting their knickers in a twist over this movie yet they are not bothered about Jazzy B dancing with half naked girls with him wearing a Khanda medallion. Same with Mika (brother of Daler Mendhi who also does the same).

some of you have some good points but some of you's are clueless!

like someones already mentioned, most of the sikh youth (if you can call them that) have trimmed beards and paghs and go clubbing and whatnot!

by stopping this film from reaching the cinemas your not gonna achieve anything!

all it is, is cheap laughs and jokes, its not the end of the world!

maybe y'all should pay more attention to the real issues affecting sikhi rather than a standard bollywood film!

cause lets face it, thats the least of everyones problems, sticks and stones and ehmi movies..

cant see why so much of a fuss has been kicked up, place your focus and attention on the real goals rather than that..

isnt there certain people and certain sects within the religion you should be more focused on dealing with??

whats sitting on your computer gonna do...

singhs/sikhs in general have a slave mentality. wen sum1 does sumin wrong and does something to take the mick outta sikhs we try and justify wat theyve done. and make out like the singhs who actually are trying to do sumthing about the problem seem wrong. its like wen a master beats a slave the other slaves convince themselves that the slave was wrong and deserve the beats to keep wat little theyve got. guru hargobind sahib ji told us to go to the villages and inspire revolution for the better. nowadays i dont see any singhs capable of doin this.