Eating Beef

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have asked the guys but before I could say anything they were carried away by the rail gaddi :lol:

:p

aaaaaaaaaaaaah the rail gaddi, those were the days man...... :lol: .......whoop whoop!!

yeah maas is maas at the end of the day, a fish is no less/worse than a cow that is no less/worse that a sheep that it no less/worse than a pig etc etc etc

I was at a wedding at the weekend and overheard a couple of fella's chattin about how they eat all animals, except cows. They were also sayin how they dont eat meat on certain days. I'm totally confused, what is this all about? I would have asked the guys but before I could say anything they were carried away by the rail gaddi :lol:

Anyone ever heard this before?

Yhhh man rail gaddi a madd tunee :p

Yeah man it was mad cos all the olds were clocking up their carbon footprint doin rounds of the hall while all the youts we lookin at them like theses folks are bananas.

I also used to get confused if chicken can be eaten why not beef. It is one thing that one should be vegetarian. Then do not eat any non-veg.But if people can eat chicken then better we should start eating beef too. We are not Hindus. We are Sikhs and lets put beef in Sikh marriages as

Menu to eat. We can get this discussed on Air too. Clarifications are required on this regard.

Being a Christian I do enjoy that weakend brunch of stir fried beef or that rare steak. All the butchers in my vicinity are muslim so that is how I came to relate with them and empathize with them since my childhood. But that said and done, lately (past 3 yrs or so) I have also realized that as I grow older there is merit in long periods of vegetarianism as well. In that it helps cleanse out the system from toxins collected by eating all manner of animal flesh.

So yea do eat beef but between long periods of relative vegetarianism (fish, eggs and chicken are vegetarian in my book) :p and introspection.

In that it helps cleanse out the system from toxins collected by eating all manner of animal flesh.

Bro this doesnt make sense, cos if you are aware that something has a toxic affect on your body then why would you continue with eating that poison? or actually reading on I guess your just trying to go for the shock factor?

It's quite complicated theoritically. the way I justify all this.

I remained purely vegetarian for around 5 years so I know that there is some kind *aggresssion-energy* deficit with that diet. Because vegetarian diet is very calming influence as far as my experience goes.

But the outside world is full of crap, full of violent people. And it is necessary for me to keep up and exceed those geniuses by being more aggressive and eating more meat than them. As there is an old saying that 'only fire cuts fire' .. 'loha hee lohe nuu kaat da hain' or something similar. So I need to go on a bout of this toxicity to keep up with the joneses and be at their game.

But now all this is cruel to poor animals like hens, poultry, cows etc who are losing their lives to keep up with my need to keep up with the violent joneses and to fuel my rage. But then I conveniently pass the blame to age that we live in .. for all purposes this is the 'dark ages' and the Kalyug .. I can't live like an innocent little white flower in this dirt but instead have to blend in and subvert from within if possible.

this is my logic and reasoning.

And I practice this myself by going on longer periods of relative vegetarianism and exceeding my limits each time.

Also in the fervent hope that my own life and attempts are making an effect on universal consciousness.

And that I too am contributing in my own small wayss.

Brother I dont know what planet your on but I would check to see if the oxygen levels are adequate for human beings :lol:

Now some advice! Not sure if your Sikh or what? but anger for Sikh of Guru Sahib is a definite NO, NO as is unnecessary aggression towards others. With regards to your statement about the veggie diet having "aggresssion-energy deficit" I can assure you that this is completely false. I can confirm that as veggie (all my life, 20 - 30yrs+) I have the inherant flaw of agression and I have never consumed meat.

"the outside world is full of crap, full of violent people" This is very true, but I feel this: "an old saying that 'only fire cuts fire" is not cos in order to fight a flame of fire you would use a counter such as water not an ally such as gas or wood.

THINK SMART NOT HARD ;)

It's quite complicated theoritically. the way I justify all this.

I remained purely vegetarian for around 5 years so I know that there is some kind *aggresssion-energy* deficit with that diet. Because vegetarian diet is very calming influence as far as my experience goes.

But the outside world is full of crap, full of violent people. And it is necessary for me to keep up and exceed those geniuses by being more aggressive and eating more meat than them. As there is an old saying that 'only fire cuts fire' .. 'loha hee lohe nuu kaat da hain' or something similar. So I need to go on a bout of this toxicity to keep up with the joneses and be at their game.

But now all this is cruel to poor animals like hens, poultry, cows etc who are losing their lives to keep up with my need to keep up with the violent joneses and to fuel my rage. But then I conveniently pass the blame to age that we live in .. for all purposes this is the 'dark ages' and the Kalyug .. I can't live like an innocent little white flower in this dirt but instead have to blend in and subvert from within if possible.

this is my logic and reasoning.

And I practice this myself by going on longer periods of relative vegetarianism and exceeding my limits each time.

Also in the fervent hope that my own life and attempts are making an effect on universal consciousness.

And that I too am contributing in my own small wayss.

how can I debate my world view veerje ? Either you accept it or you reject it.

Our world view is the sum of our experiences on this planet (mine has low oxygen to boot).

My Brother, you sound like you have great depth. I just think I am having a lil trouble when trying to decipher that depth in your writings. Guru di Kirpa