Is It The Duty(dharma) Of A Wife To Serve Her Husband?

I have been told by many amritdharis mainly the old ones that in gursikhi, it is the dharma(duty) of a wife to serve her husband and by doing so, she will be rewarded in the afterlife.

I personally dont agree with this. I feel that both wife and husband shud serve each other and treat each other as a fellow sikh and give the same respect to each other as we give to other gursikhs.

Both wife and husband shud share the workload(both domestic and outside) so that both the partners have enough time to do bhagti.

There is a singh who strongly believes in this theory of wifes dharma to serve her pati parmesar. His wife works in a school, then takes care of her kids and parents in law and then has to do seva of pati "parmesar". I find this EXPLOITATION.

hindu shaastars talks about serving each other not talking about being sati thats totally different topic, talking about patti vartha and along with patni vartha. Unfortunately, in the sexist soceity people start following patti vartha and ignored patni vartha concept in shaastars.

I have been told by many amritdharis mainly the old ones that in gursikhi, it is the dharma(duty) of a wife to serve her husband and by doing so, she will be rewarded in the afterlife.

I personally dont agree with this. I feel that both wife and husband shud serve each other and treat each other as a fellow sikh and give the same respect to each other as we give to other gursikhs.

Both wife and husband shud share the workload(both domestic and outside) so that both the partners have enough time to do bhagti.

There is a singh who strongly believes in this theory of wifes dharma to serve her pati parmesar. His wife works in a school, then takes care of her kids and parents in law and then has to do seva of pati "parmesar". I find this EXPLOITATION.

A man should have gurmat actions so he would never take advantage of his wonderful loving wife. He should know he is leading the family with strength and knowledge and shares it with his wife as well as relying on his wife for the same return. The wife should feel her marrriage with her husband is the same as being married to God, with almost the same relationship and mental state, then you have a perfect relationship foundation. The husband knows God is within everything just as much as his wife so he should treat her with dignity and upmost respect menatally/physically/spiritually. The man will feel blessed with everything and every action of his wife and vice versa. If you dont get this, it is because you are too stuck in the modern thinking of marriages. its not merely a woman submitting to her husband as a sentence sounds. bibek is constantly remembered

i personally believe equality is one of our relegions greatest assets..

to say a 'woman belongs in the kitchen' is not equality.

this is why women in sikh history have been alocated with the same 'jobs' if u will, as the men!

BUT!!

there are alocated sevas by god to us..

like y is there not (alot of) women in sri harmander sahib doing the paat?

when mai bhago went and fought, she fought when the men didnt...

SO!!

in the absence of men, women will have to run things, in the absence of women, men must do the things. BUT. when there in no absence of either, a natural thing comes about. like women cook, look after the house etc, then the husband does the kamai for the life, to live in the house..

BUT!

in THIS day and age, both men and women work. so the duty MUST be split...

regards to food, i PERSONALLY would perfer a woman to prepare my food, y??? women (can be sed to... ) have naturally more daya and piyaar.. and men can be sed to have more shakti. ( i am thinkin of the first amrit sunchaar...)

so this is what i think... in a nutshell

>>in the absence of the oposite-sex, you must fulfill that duty aswell as your own..<<<

a split is needed in this day and age.

back to equality!¬!!