Got Tatoo After Amrit

fortunate

Wjkk wjkf...

sangat ji...

one of my good mates..with gurus kirpa took amrit about 2 years ago....and has got a tatoo just a few weeks back..he had always wanted a tatttoo even before he took amrit...and now finally has done it...

i havn't spoken to him since i saw it (not out of spite, due to work)....but when i do....i just don't know what to say...

i think personally....he should goto punj and tell them what he has done to his body......

what is the sangat's view.....as he has already gone through with getting a tattoo? is their a need for him to goto punj pyare?

hmmm I think he should - but only if he is going to ask for forgiveness. If he did it and doesn't see what he has done wrong he should go to the panj and talk to them about it. However if he genuinely believes that his rehit allows him to get a tattoo and is not willing to accept that it is wrong or accept their tankhiyaa then I don't see why he should go to the panj pyare.

Bhul chuk maafi

Surprised the amount of indifference, and difference over such things. Curious what is the purpose?

tattoo's are totally against Gurmat.

If it doesnt bring u closer to Satguru Sahib, make no mistake - it is paap. Before any narrow minded person tries it, there is no need to have a tattoo of Gurbani on your body because Gurbani can be easily memorised. So for what other reason would we have a tattoo for?... We should try and live up to the standards of Khalsa, Sahibzade of Guru Gobind Singh JI Maharaj, Shaheeds etc.. I can not see any Great Gursikh lining up, and devoting valuable time and earned money to geting a tattoo. Guru Sahib gave us BANI for the inside and BAANA for the outside... we dont need any tattoo's. All of our Guru Sahibaan particularly Guru Angad Sahib JI Maharaj emphasized the importance of looking after the human body not grafeeteing it. Instaid of staining ur skin stain ur soul with Naam Seva Simran n Bani.

Your body is the temple of GOD.... treat it as such....

To the original topic starter... express ur honest opinion to ur mate.

Forgive me for any mistakes ive written theres probably loads.., my knowledge is very limited ...