Sikh Girl Wins Kara Court Case

WILDSINGH

harmeet and rupinder ,i encourage you to go to the sky news website and under the storythere , add your comments there about the importance of the kara .lets not just come on this website and lament that gorey or whoever are anti us ,or that next she needs to be baptised in the nxt 24 hours .rather ,lets take this oppurtunity to go to the sky news website and challenge ppl there posting negative comments about this judgement so ppl reading this story can know our the truth of the kara .i have just done that meself

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

harmeet and rupinder ,i encourage you to go to the sky news website and under the storythere , add your comments there about the importance of the kara .lets not just come on this website and lament that gorey or whoever are anti us ,or that next she needs to be baptised in the nxt 24 hours .rather ,lets take this oppurtunity to go to the sky news website and challenge ppl there posting negative comments about this judgement so ppl reading this story can know our the truth of the kara .i have just done that meself

So we back someone who wears a kara whilst they use the same hand to cut their kes simply because it is her “right” to wear the “bangle” in isolation to other recognized fundamental distinctiveness (the Kes) of the Sikhs. As ever all we have done is loosened the parameters of being a Sikh and exposed ourselves in the process. Is the kara really that important to someone who uses the same hand to pluck the kes of their face or indulge in alcohol or smoke their cigarette? Before we back someone’s agenda on behalf of the Sikh community, should we not look at the effect on marayada of Sikhs and how we can explain that to non Sikhs?

You can call me Judgemental (or whatever you please), I don't mind...

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Although we may all be on different levels of the ladder to the beautiful feet of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj we all have to start somewhere. I don’t think it’s as simple as all or nothing - perhaps the kara is the beginning of her journey?

Although we may all be on different levels of the ladder to the beautiful feet of Satguru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj we all have to start somewhere. I don’t think it’s as simple as all or nothing - perhaps the kara is the beginning of her journey?

I hope so. If Sikhs have backed her cause then they should guide her in Sikhi too. Let's hope it doesn't just stop at the kara like it does for so many of us...,..

And now that she can wear the "bangle", I hope she finds it easier to keep the kes too.

So true, the Kara is not an optional extra. This judgement is wrong wearing panj kakkar is a must for those who are amritdhari. She is not amridhari and has cut her hair so there was no compulsion for her to wear a kara.

wjkk wjkf

so wat is she was not an amritdhari girl. her family is not amritdhari, but they still should wear a kara. if we will preach like this to every non amritdhari that you are not an amritdhari then you can not fight for your religious rights, then i am afraid there will be a few of us left, coz in this practical world, the population of non amritdhari sikhs are way more than amritdhari sikh.

infact, we should encourage them to wear as many K's as possible, and think positive that today guru ji has blessed him/her with kara, 2moro he will do the kirpa and give him kess daat and one day amrit di daat.

today a non amritdhari was targeted for wearing kara, 2moro this could happen to an amritdhari... and then how about if a non amritdhari says, leave it man, kara was not compulsory for me, so why should i bother and fight for the kara for an amritdhari sikh.

we should not be saying that you are not amritdhari so you can cut your kess or take ur kara off..... koi na, ki farkk penaa...!!!

there are many people who keep all 5 K's but not yet amritdhari... they are practicing and one day guru ji will give them amrit di daat. so on this ground, we cant say that that you are not an amritdhari so you cant keep 5 K's....

veer ji, think positive. DONT FORCE OTHERS- ENCOURAGE & EDUCATE THEM

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

And now that she can wear the "bangle", I hope she finds it easier to keep the kes too.

So true, the Kara is not an optional extra. This judgement is wrong wearing panj kakkar is a must for those who are amritdhari. She is not amridhari and has cut her hair so there was no compulsion for her to wear a kara.

wjkk wjkf

so wat is she was not an amritdhari girl. her family is not amritdhari, but they still should wear a kara. if we will preach like this to every non amritdhari that you are not an amritdhari then you can not fight for your religious rights, then i am afraid there will be a few of us left, coz in this practical world, the population of non amritdhari sikhs are way more than amritdhari sikh.

infact, we should encourage them to wear as many K's as possible, and think positive that today guru ji has blessed him/her with kara, 2moro he will do the kirpa and give him kess daat and one day amrit di daat.

today a non amritdhari was targeted for wearing kara, 2moro this could happen to an amritdhari... and then how about if a non amritdhari says, leave it man, kara was not compulsory for me, so why should i bother and fight for the kara for an amritdhari sikh.

we should not be saying that you are not amritdhari so you can cut your kess or take ur kara off..... koi na, ki farkk penaa...!!!

there are many people who keep all 5 K's but not yet amritdhari... they are practicing and one day guru ji will give them amrit di daat. so on this ground, we cant say that that you are not an amritdhari so you cant keep 5 K's....

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

good post above!! shame we have so many narrow minded people within sikhism these days who drive people away. these people do not represent sikhi they have no right to judge others. shame on you!! you know who you are!!

we have so many narrow minded people within sikhism these days who drive people away. these people do not represent sikhi they have no right to judge others. shame on you!! you know who you are!!

Where's the judgement in expressing an observation? If Sara took this particular scenario to the GurSikhs in Punjab you can expect them to take one look at Sara and say "Beti, tu pela apnay kes rakh...Guru Ghar wich sewa kar....Jap Ji Sahib de paath karay kar....amrit shako..." Would these observations be considered narrow minded??

wjkk wjkf

bhul chuk maaf karni.

wjkk wjkf

Please spare me the politically correct b/s. What if a mona tomorrow wants to carry a kirpan to school on the basis of him being a Sikh ? Is that ok on the premise that one day he might take Amrit ? What if a person with criminal mind wants to carry a Kirpan ... is it ok on the basis that they went to the Gurdwara on a school day out and had some prashad ?

That would be a different ball game as for an Amritdhari wearing the kara is a key part of his faith. A breach of this would be to deny him the chance to practice his religion. That it the key difference between an Amritdhari being denied the right to wear a kara and some girl who has no intention at present of conforming to the teachings of her professed faith.

we have so many narrow minded people within sikhism these days who drive people away. these people do not represent sikhi they have no right to judge others. shame on you!! you know who you are!!

Where's the judgement in expressing an observation? If Sara took this particular scenario to the GurSikhs in Punjab you can expect them to take one look at Sara and say "Beti, tu pela apnay kes rakh...Guru Ghar wich sewa kar....Jap Ji Sahib de paath karay kar....amrit shako..." Would these observations be considered narrow minded??

Exactly, cut and dye your hair but hey the kara looks kewl and I can use it to hit someone when in a fight so that is something I will choose to wear. There is no religious basis for me to wear it as I am considered patit according to the rehat maryada but if they do not let me wear it I will go to court and get max publicity.