Quwali

akal sahai

Naam dridh has nothing to do with this distortation of vahiguroo mantra that goes on in smagams, just listen to this:

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?act=at...ost&id=6963

after listening to this, is this what you been taught naam dridth, if this is it. i m glad i didnt get naam dritha by group who provides it.

Naam drirh is simply learning how to do japp of gurmantar from Panj Pyare. As far as I know Panj Pyare always teach you how to japp it. I did not get naam drirh from AKJ nor I am associated with them in any way. Taksal, AKJ and others differ in their techniques. The link didn't work for me but your argument is as flawed as one person looking at someone dressed in bana doing immoral activity and then saying "I am glad I did not become a Sikh". One acting of doing naam japp is the fault of the person not of naam drirh. What you are describing is the process of how naam gets absorbed and a Sikh reaching the avastha of "gurmukh roam roam harr dheavaih". Anhad Shabad and Dasam Duar are not achieved by "hath" but come with kirpa of Guru Sahib. For Sikhs, following hukam of Guru Sahib is the goal and avastha comes with kirpa. Baba Harnaam Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh etc all did japp of gurmantar in their own ways. Sikhs in AKJ and few others japp gurmantar with every breath and the technique is taught by Panj Pyare. It is not distorting gurmantar but simply another way of doing its japp. First time I laughed very hard when I saw some Sikhs doing saas giraas but it was only after spending time with them and doing simran that I learned its importance. Of course, naam simran always brings peace but lesson I learned was that I should not criticize someone who does naam simran in a different way. And most people at rein sabais do not reflect the true version of saas giraas. They are simply acting. True ones remain gupt. Like I always say to you, learn first then experience then find flaws. At the end, they are doing simran of Waheguru which may be different than the way you do it but it is not manmat.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Naam dridh has nothing to do with this distortation of vahiguroo mantra that goes on in smagams, just listen to this:

after listening to this, is this what you been taught naam dridth, if this is it. i m glad i didnt get naam dritha by group who provides it.

Naam drirh is simply learning how to do japp of gurmantar from Panj Pyare. As far as I know Panj Pyare always teach you how to japp it. I did not get naam drirh from AKJ nor I am associated with them in any way. Taksal, AKJ and others differ in their techniques. The link didn't work for me but your argument is as flawed as one person looking at someone dressed in bana doing immoral activity and then saying "I am glad I did not become a Sikh". One acting of doing naam japp is the fault of the person not of naam drirh. What you are describing is the process of how naam gets absorbed and a Sikh reaching the avastha of "gurmukh roam roam harr dheavaih". Anhad Shabad and Dasam Duar are not achieved by "hath" but come with kirpa of Guru Sahib. For Sikhs, following hukam of Guru Sahib is the goal and avastha comes with kirpa. Baba Harnaam Singh, Sant Gurbachan Singh etc all did japp of gurmantar in their own ways. Sikhs in AKJ and few others japp gurmantar with every breath and the technique is taught by Panj Pyare. It is not distorting gurmantar but simply another way of doing its japp. First time I laughed very hard when I saw some Sikhs doing saas giraas but it was only after spending time with them and doing simran that I learned its importance. Of course, naam simran always brings peace but lesson I learned was that I should not criticize someone who does naam simran in a different way. And most people at rein sabais do not reflect the true version of saas giraas. They are simply acting. True ones remain gupt. Like I always say to you, learn first then experience then find flaws. At the end, they are doing simran of Waheguru which may be different than the way you do it but it is not manmat.

i agree with you with hath you cannot get reach rom rom har dhavia state, i never said you can. All i m here debating is here distortation of gurmantar shown in the updated download audio link http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/simran.mp3 has nothing to do with naam dridtha which you bought it up. even singhs from tapoban against doing simran- distortation of vahiguroo gurmantra while doing rehenshbhai kirtan.

They believe that saas giraas or japp of gurmantar should not be mixed with kirtan. They say that 'dhuni' (waheguru waheguru) is not part of akhand kirtan and should not be sung. There are other reasons but they don't say it is distortion of gurmantar. The technique in itself is valid. So my point was that don't criticize the naam drirh, criticize people for not using it properly. You can sit in with them at amrit vela and observe how they do it. It is similar but Sikhs ta rein sabais take it too far. Distortion is something like: changing lagga (n) matra(n) or believing in different form of gurmantar. I will listen to the file but I have been to enough rein sabais in the past and I have seen what they do and how they do it hence my comment that most are simply acting and trying to be loud intentionally. On a side note, ask Bhai Jagjit Singh what he thinks "kachi bani" is and how he interprets the panktee in Anand Sahib? Also, what can and cannot be sung at Guru Darbar?

lol... professional punjabi ravers!!

haha but to the question, gurbani talks about Gurbani vs. Kachee Bani... whose definition is "Satgur bina hor kachee hai bani".

Any song or any poetry, or anything regarding God is Sachee Bani, and we *should* listen to it :)

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOl 2 professional punjabi ravers!! ahahah ent laughd in time like jus nw ahhahaha

I love it at about a min when he pulls his pug down!! We should start a campaign to find this man!

LOl

ill help :D try facebook 1st lool

Mr Singh in the red dastar is proper ravin' it, like hardcore, lol.

propa skanking it uppp LOOOL

They believe that saas giraas or japp of gurmantar should not be mixed with kirtan. They say that 'dhuni' (waheguru waheguru) is not part of akhand kirtan and should not be sung. There are other reasons but they don't say it is distortion of gurmantar. The technique in itself is valid. So my point was that don't criticize the naam drirh, criticize people for not using it properly. You can sit in with them at amrit vela and observe how they do it. It is similar but Sikhs ta rein sabais take it too far. Distortion is something like: changing lagga (n) matra(n) or believing in different form of gurmantar. I will listen to the file but I have been to enough rein sabais in the past and I have seen what they do and how they do it hence my comment that most are simply acting and trying to be loud intentionally. On a side note, ask Bhai Jagjit Singh what he thinks "kachi bani" is and how he interprets the panktee in Anand Sahib? Also, what can and cannot be sung at Guru Darbar?

i have never criticize naam dridtha you bought it up intially claiming the contents of the audio file as naam dridtha technique which i strongly disagree. I criticize the hypocrisy goes on in samagams and brushed aside by panthic singhs, and same panthic singhs comes on the forum and criticizing others for being mast and call them anti panthic. why? if they do beadhi - distortation of gurmantar reference to audio file above... they bring fwd avastha card game and if someone else do it they jump off and scream from your botton of their lungs call it manmat.

i agree with you with hath you cannot get reach rom rom har dhavia state, i never said you can. All i m here debating is here distortation of gurmantar shown in the updated download audio link http://www.gurmarag.net/SikhAwareness/Audio/simran.mp3 has nothing to do with naam dridtha which you bought it up. even singhs from tapoban against doing simran- distortation of vahiguroo gurmantra while doing rehenshbhai kirtan.

what is this? this is simran? :umm: :umm: :o :o :o :@:@

i heard this before somewhere, its like hes laughing like a mad scientist in some parts of it !!!!

seriously, i am speechless.....

its not wrong... some qawallis by sufis and by great Nusrat fateh ali khan,,.. have very Godly words..

i'll give u one such qawalli.... if u dont undrstand the meanings.. let me know...

but trust me... it brings tears to my eyes..

Lyrics:

understand the deeeep meanings.. wah!! Especially the last stanza!!!!!!!

hue naam oye benishan kaise kaise

zameen kha gayi naujawan kaise kaise

aaj jawani par itaranae wale kal pacthtayega - 2

chadhta suraj dheere dheere dhalta hain dhal jayega - 2

dhal jayega dhal jayega - 2

tu yahan musafir hain,yeh sarah fani hain

chaar roz ki mehmaan teri jindagani hain

jan zameen jar zevar kutch na saath jayega

khali haath aaya hain khali haath jayega

jaan kar bhi anjana ban raha hain deewane

apni umrefani par tan raha hain deewane

is kadar tu khoya hain is jahan ke mele

tu khuda ko bhula hain phas ke is jhamaele main

aaj tak yeh dekha hain paanewala khota hain

jindagi ko jo samjha jindagi pe rota hain

mitne wali duniya ka aaitbaar karta hain

kya samajh ke tu aakhir isse pyar karta hain

apne apne fikro main jo bhi hain woh uljha hain

jindagi haqeeqat main kya hain kaun samjha hain

aaj samajhle aaj samajhle kal yeh mauka haath na tere aayega

o gaflat ki neend main sone wale dhoka khayega

maut ne zamane ko yeh sama dikh dala

kaise kaise us gum ko khak main mila dala

yaad rakh sikander ke hausle to aali they

jab gaya tha duniya se dono haath khali they

apna woh halaku hain aur na uske saathi hain

jung ko chu woh porus hain aur na uske haathi hain

aur na uske haathi hain aur na uske haathi hain

kal jo tanke chalte they apni shano shaukat par

shamma tak nahi jalti aaj unki purbat par

apna ho ya ala ho sabko laut jaana hain

muflifoh tavundar ka kabra hi thikana hain

jaisi karni jaisi karni waisi bharni aaj kiya kal payega

sir ko uthakar chalne wale ek din thokar payega

maut sabko aani hain kaun isse chuta hain

tu fana nahi hoga yeh khayal jhutha hain

saans tutate hi sab rishtey tut jaayenge

baap, maa, behan, biwi, Bachhe choot jayenge

tere jitne hain bhai waqt ka chalan denge

chin kar teri daulat do hi gaj kafan denge

jinko apna kehta hain kab yeh tere saathi hain

kabra hain teri mazil aur yeh baraati hain

laake kabra main tujhko urda pak dalenge

apne haathon se tere muh pe khak dalenge

teri saari ulfat ko khak main mila denge

tere chahne wale kal tujhe mila denge

isliye yeh kehta hu khub soch le dil main

kyon phasaye baitha hain jaan apni mushkil main

kar gunaho se tauba aake baat sambhal jaaye

dum ka kya bharosa hain jaane kab nikal jaaye

muthhi bandh ke aanewale,muthhi bandh ke aanewale haath pasare jayega

dhan daulat jaagir se tune kya paya kya payega

chadhta suraj dheere dheere dhalta hain dhal jayega - 6

wow.

This topic has absolutely nothing to do with naam dhrirr or samagams, I don't know why on Earth it has been turned into one. I guess perhaps that you missed the point of my original post. Let's first split up issues by internal Panthic issues, and then external issues. This particular one is an external issue, someone infront of non-sikhs, being the ambassador for Guroo Sahib (just see the comment on the video talking about "sardar ji") is showing himself as taking something great from the quali, whereas the only place someone in sikhi roop should be showing themselves to be gaining rass from is Guroo Sahib.

What goes in in a gurdvara is a seperate issue.

have never criticize naam dridtha you bought it up intially claiming the contents of the audio file as naam dridtha technique which i strongly disagree.

Your disagreement does not make naam drirh false. I did not listen to the file but I know that the way Sikhs in AKJ do simran is the technique to japp gurmantar and there is nothing wrong with that.

I criticize the hypocrisy goes on in samagams and brushed aside by panthic singhs, and same panthic singhs comes on the forum and criticizing others for being mast and call them anti panthic. why?

So the issue here is not Sikhs doing simran but criticizing others for enjoying qwalli. These are two different topics.

if they do beadhi - distortation of gurmantar reference to audio file above... they bring fwd avastha card game and if someone else do it they jump off and scream from your botton of their lungs call it manmat.

Once again, distortion of gurmantar and enjoying kirtan vs. qwalli are two different topics. What exactly are you criticizing? The way Sikhs do simran or them opposing others for being mast in qwalli? Distortion is when one changes the way gurmantar is written or believes in a different form. For example, there were some Sikhs who used to believe that “Wahgur” or “Wahguru” was gurmantar. That is what I call distortion. Pronouncing it differently is totally different. I can equally accuse sampardas of distorting Gurbani for pronouncing it differently i.e. Mahalla Panjva instead of Panjva(n). How valid would that be? What happened to your so-called “diversity in the panth” card? I guess it only applies to those who believe in sanatan version. Bottom line, you don’t know how naam drirh is taught in certain jathebandis, never experienced it yourself and do not know how to japp it that way. No one can tell how many people in the file actually took naam drirh and are japing it correctly. So your lack of knowledge about this technique does not validate your argument.