Why havent you taken Amrit yet ?

44 members have voted

1. 1. Why havent you taken Amrit yet ?

• I dont think i am good enough to be an amritdhari
    • I am not sure if i will be able to do all the path everyday.
    • I can't give up meat !
    • No great inclination

Hey Mr Singh, and Deep Singh,

Thanks for the replies, and I will try to do more paht n listen to more kirtan, i'll let you guys know how it works out.

Thanks mrgreycells for the response also, but you said :

"You have no tensions because you know - the supreme power is making it all happen and he can do no wrong. You just do your work well, which is all that matters.

So even if things go wrong you have the belief which you reminded yourself of in the morning that it is all according to the will of God and you never feel bad... As they say - you should have a positive outlook to life..."

Isnt that like puppets on a string? "he can do no wrong"

If he can do no wrong, then why is that I have this brain to question "his" ability? Why did the holocaust occur etc. etc..

I dont understand how you can believe in an "omniprescent, all-powerful" being.

Besides, having a positive outlook on life isnt always a great idea. Be a realist, take the situation in the reality way. Thats some-what of a grandmom statement, "Everything happens for good." <- I dont believe that statement at all.

Everything happens by chance, and we give God the almighty power when we cant answer the question oursevles. As Humans, we're scared to leave questions unanswered for a later time, so we simply attribute it to God.

Just like idol worship, Posiedon, and all others. Those were the human answers to questions which at that time were unanswerable.

To me, it just seems that religion worked for a previous society. And always, society evolves, just like Guru Nanak ditched rituals and so many other things.

Is it not time to ditch "God" ?

>I feel knowledge is the latest religion. When you make a decision or an act to do something, have knowledge of the consequences and the pros of doing it, and go from there.

Things that were considered wrong back then, are acceptable now, and if we hold the same standards back then, it might impede our progress in other fields which can answer questions. Religion vs. Stem cell research.

And please dont get emotional, like I said before, I truly respect religious observers, and all of them.

Lets keep this at an intellectual conversation. I do understand the points you were coming from, but it just springs up more questions from me. (explained above)

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bro i see you got these thoughts from humanism etc. i agree with much of it. as humans should work for a better society etc. much of the same thing as Khalsa has to do. however veerji, the thing is that humans got ego....and i believe it is hard for a human to fight against ego when they don't believe in God.

a lot of people criticize the concept of God, saying how can you believe in 'person' who is all that powerfull and does everything, ie Hukam. and saying if evil happens it is also because of God, and some say if God is ALL-powerfull and ALL-mighty, ie can do everything, why can't God make an end to evil. and some say if God is ALL-mighty, and can do everything then can God also make another God who is bigger than Himself. rolleyes.gif these are all interesting questions and can end in large debates and all. however logic also tells us: if you got iq around 100, how can you judge a person who has iq 160? how can we as humans who have limited understanding, try to figure out how Waheguru works? no doubt we try, and nothing "bad" with that. this does not explains nor does this proves that God exists or not. but we have to be certain that when God is "defined" to be ALL-mighty, then God might also know why there is evil and why God does not in every matter distroys evil and makes life easier for the devotees.

one thing i remember is Waheguru is not only a far-away figure, that controls the life from outside. Waheguru is here, Waheguru is everywhere, this is calles 'omnipresent God'.

In Gurban

i Guru Sahib say that sometimes Waheguru is the king, sometime Waheguru is the begger. excuse me for not posting the exact verses. so this means that everything we can see or feel is Waheguru. try thinking about this one. if Waheguru was evil (as the questions above "prove"), then knowing that the devotee and all other souls, infact being a part of Himself, why does not God "helps" Himself? i would say Waheguru knows everything...it is probably a part of the plan.

Hey Mr Singh, and Deep Singh,

Thanks for the replies, and I will try to do more paht n listen to more kirtan, i'll let you guys know how it works out.

Sincerely hope all ends good :)

Thanks mrgreycells for the response also, but you said :

"You have no tensions because you know - the supreme power is making it all happen and he can do no wrong. You just do your work well, which is all that matters.

So even if things go wrong you have the belief which you reminded yourself of in the morning that it is all according to the will of God and you never feel bad... As they say - you should have a positive outlook to life..."

Isnt that like puppets on a string? "he can do no wrong"

If he can do no wrong, then why is that I have this brain to question "his" ability? Why did the holocaust occur etc. etc..

God's blessed u with a Consicne - either U question God's existance or you accept - that theres this 'higher force' Co

ntrolling everything

the more SCIENCE you read - the more the existance of God makes sense

As for Holocausts - Aas I said - God has given u a conscience - Either u can go out and buy a n Ak -47 and shoot everyone on the street - or U don't :wub:

in hitlers case - he prefered the frst one

then again

its all in the KARMS

If the victim of the AK47 was bad ina previous life - it was he himself who made his life

'Karmi Apo Aapn'

If u decide to do Good deeds- then obviously ur Karms will be good - if U don't - its up to you :wub:

I dont understand how you can believe in an "omniprescent, all-powerful" being.

I don't understand how you can't

most scientist Do

Inc

Martin Rees - Einstien

etc

ther more Science u read - it makes moreand more sense :lol:

Read philosofi - how can something come from Nothing :@

Besides, having a positive outlook on life isnt always a great idea. Be a realist, take the situation

in the reality way. Thats some-what of a grandmom statement, "Everything happens for good." <- I dont believe that statement at all.

mean either - everything tha happens happens because of ur preius deeds

the more Science advances

the more reincarnation is becoming a clear phenomna

Everything happens by chance, and we give God the almighty power when we cant answer the question oursevles. As Humans, we're scared to leave questions unanswered for a later time, so we simply attribute it to God.

I think not - Most people believe that Scienetists aare atheist

but fact is- thats not true

most do belive in God

You said everyuthing happens by chance

Einstien said - 'God Doesn't throw dices' :lol:

Science without religion is lame

or sometyihng liek that tongue.gif is another thign Einstiens said

Martin Ree says -

'I now KNow EVERYTHING about the Universe - however I still Don't know WHY God did what he has done' - in the Matrix

Just like idol worship, Posiedon, and all others. Those were the human answers to questions which at that time were unanswerable.
How co

em Scientist who 'supposely' answer the unanswerable - Belive in God?

To me, it just seems that religion worked for a previous society. And always, society evolves, just like Guru Nanak ditched rituals and so many other things.

Is it not time to ditch "God" ?

Don't see the reson to 'ditch' my creator

the creator of the Universe

the Creator WHO LOVES ME - WHo watches me while Im typing this message - and you when reading it!

MY GOD

I feel knowledge is the latest religion. When you make a decision or an act to do something, have knowledge of the consequences and the pros of doing it, and go from there.
Knowledge?

what do we know?

NOTHING

'hanji, theres dark matter in the Universe - actualyl about 80%'

what Dark matter? the Unknown :@

Things that were considered wrong back then, are acceptable now, and if we hold the same standards back then, it might impede our progress in other fields which can answer questions. Religion vs. Stem cell research.

Nah stem Ceel research is jus absurd! Why take over the role of God

or NATURE In this case

I don't think anyone wants to be a copy of their aprents

i.e COPY

meaning if the mother is 40

her kid becomes 40 rolleyes.gif

Absurd stuff !

And please dont get emotional, like I said before, I truly respect religious observers, and all of them.

Lets keep this at an intellectual conversation. I do understand the points you were coming from, but it just springs up more questions from me. (explained above)

I hope I have not offended u in any way Bro/sis

I hope I have answered most of ur questions - and

hey

Keep answering

we got aloads of Knowledgable Sikhs here :lol:

take care

Bhull chukk maaf - I hope I havn't offended U in any way - If I have please forgive me =)

P.s discard my many spelling mistakes as Im in a lil hurry now : P

GurFateh

Yeah, I feel just like how Hareet is.

When I was young, I use to believe in God, parents influence. Like I use to pray for others etc, and shanti, n simple happiness. But as I got older, I dunno. I do believe in a higher force or maybe being that doesn't "control us". Cause God has installed free will into man.

I find gurbani as metaphors.

But the thing is, when I questioned God greatly, a month ago, I felt exhausted tired, useless. But then I read in the SGGS, that god is internal, the foolish manmukh will not find the true lord externally.

And also Guru Nanak stated, those who ponder God's name will never achieve peace.

I grew my hair out a year ago.

Sikhi has always been with me.

I'm ready to die for khalsa, and give my whole heart life to it.

The thing is, can we interpet God differently?

Cause doing paht doesn't give us anything but shanti, and if we ask for things, God never answers.

I will do paht for shanti.

I got confused about the purpose of religion. So many etc, but they all lead to the same way. And eventually, if you denouce your religion, where will you have to go? Every man needs faith. Therefore I cannot become a total reject of Sikhi and jus abolish it, cause Sikhi is my life.

Hence, is it okay to take amrit? Yet still be willing to devote your life to the Khalsa Panth?

"SIRH JAWE TA JAWE, MERA SIKH SIDHAK NA JAWE"

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

please let me know ASAP

VASAIKHI IS AROUND THE CORNER...

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

-GURJOTE SINGH

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

guys take amrit. i took it when i was 8 and now i am 14. if i was at 8 and could do path and keep my rehat u should be able to do it easily. just try waking up doin your path and keeping ur rehat. it isnt hard at all. then u will realize there is not much to it.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Keepin rehat is not a big deal for me. I know I can, at least sacrific time out of my daily life to do paht.

Hmm do my personal beliefs make any sense, and should I be allowed to take amrit?

:T: hmm

I'm more of one of those "militarized" sikhs back in the day that would take amrit to be part of the Khalsa. Like I'll follow the rehat hardcore, and everything else, just my sorta "Athiest" view is that accepetable? And I do notice when I do paht, my athiest views seems to vanish.

Chardi Kala,

Gurjote

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

u prob. have these Athiest views because akal purak cannot be described. our minds cant handle or think of limitations for him. when u read path, these Athiest views vanish because u are reading the words of god.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!