Hard Working Bihari Women And Lazy Punjabi Bibis

See my post above… I don’t wish to detract from the sincerity in the original post here.

Christians also have trouble with the word “convert”… but they don’t have a problem with the concept. They want to “invite”, “love”, “share their gift” etc…. to save you from the exit to hell of your chosen and established faith.

Our conversion should be doing what we can to facilitate someone prospering toward their OWN potential, spiritually and otherwise. In many cases this does mean that we educate about sikhi. The people xHarindersingh describes may be those people.

In other cases it may mean providing a person with the means to immerse themselves in the positive messages of an already chosen faith. This is Sikhi and that is how Sikhi will prosper.

We need a different word, BUT ALSO different thought.

Aww amazing BHAJI!!!!
Some jeevan vale AKJ singhs have done excellent parchar in Madhya Pradesh(MP) and have converted many poor farmers into sikhi

Can you give me more info, please?

There is decent AKJ sangat in MP, and there must have been some naam-jappan vale kamayiyan vale singhs there who did parchar and poor hard working farmers became sikhs. What I have heard, a complete pind has been enlightened by the sikh faith and have become sikhs. And they are not just some lazy singhs. THEY KEEP PROPER REHIT, HAVE AMRITVELAS AND LOADS OF ABHIYAAS. I have heard they japp lots of Naam and dont really waste their time making things complicated(as we educated intellectual sikhs do, hahahaha)

There is decent AKJ sangat in MP, and there must have been some naam-jappan vale kamayiyan vale singhs there who did parchar and poor hard working farmers became sikhs. What I have heard, a complete pind has been enlightened by the sikh faith and have become sikhs. And they are not just some lazy singhs. THEY KEEP PROPER REHIT, HAVE AMRITVELAS AND LOADS OF ABHIYAAS. I have heard they japp lots of Naam and dont really waste their time making things complicated(as we educated intellectual sikhs do, hahahaha)

Amazing!!!!

good post singh.

it should wake up the arrogant jatt sikhs living abroad who are more similar to bihari migrant workers than they know.

people complain that these people are changing their names to singh, gill, dhillon, etc but we here in the west have become Rick singh, Shelly kaur etc

i don't even have to go very far, i went to Hindustan last year on our way to punjab from indira gandhi airport,m we stopped at a dhaba on the punjab haryana border....these poor young kids are the servers...my own relative was treating these kids like they were animals, yelling at them etc when we were about to leave my relative eanted to giev the server a tip, and when he went to grab it, my relative pulled it away, kind of mocking him...the server, feeling insulted walked away, didn't say anything, because internally, there are imagined barriers which keep these people inferior to certain people. i felt like slapping my relative, who is much older than me, felt like garbage, felt so bad because i knew this server knew we were sikhs, felt like such dirt being guru nanak's sikhs and representing our guru this way.....grabbed the money from my relative's hands and had to beg the server to take it....

it's nothing short of apartheid man.

peace.

Mann kaum layee

I'm glad you said what you said.

Sometimes we harp on about all the injustices against us but are totally blind to the oppression our own people toss towards others.

It's nothing but pure hankar of the worst kind. I saw my own relative doing something similar myself when I went back home. He has a pagh dhari and I was embarrassed at the way he was throwing his weight around in a restuarant because he is a big dude.

Certain <banned word filter activated> Panjabis need to understand sardari is not obnoxious hate filled bullying.

I mean imagine goray treating us like that here! Actually I remember some of them trying to in the 70s/80s and how eventually people turned around and kicked butt. If we feel being treated like that is wrong when directed to us, it must be wrong when our own do it to others.

But I imagine it will neatly be swept under the rug whilst we cry about injustices against us. What's happening Singho. Have you lost your consciences?

The main reason I wrote this post was that I feel its pretty easy to enlighten the poor hardworking biharis into the sikh faith. These poor people will make very good sikhs.

In the 90's there was a jujharoo singh, I guess his name was bhai ram singh, he was a bihari convert, he played a major role in the SYL issue, and finally got shaheed in an encounter.

Many of these biharis take great pride that Sri Guru Gobind Singh Jee Maharaj jee was born in Patna. We shud love such biharis and try to do sikhi parchar.

I know an old singh jee who had a bihari car driver. They treated him like his son and that bihari guy became a singh. In his old age, his sons have left him but this bihari converted singh remained loyal and stays with the old singh jee and takes care of him.