Hair Issue

Guest guest_1

Thats almost exactly what I was afraid of , taking each and every line of my post and giving your views on it , I had do the same as I have the strongest arguments for your each statement right now. But I never do that here on these forums . When I saw your post , I was just afraid , about the difference that it can make to any young Sikhs studying these forums , they can find out reasons at the drop of the hat for cutting their hair , belieive me. I don't want my coming generations come up to me and say , "Sikhi is about Naam Simran and Hair doesn't matter to the God " , and if you don't like my comments (which as per you are from 80's ) , I had take pride in it , I am an old school Sikh , I have faith that I have survived till now , so that I can atleast if not anything else , inspire others to whatever extent I can , anyways come to Punjab sometime , we can have Langar together . :) , Maybe I can help you out with things or I had just Serve you in Langar.

Sorry brother, but answering to your views coul;dnot be just typed out in one paragraph. Hence, I answered with my views for each topic seperately.

Please donot get me wrong, I in no way say that a Gursikh can live without cutting his hair, NO, never. What I was answering to and presenting a more borader point in; is the fact that IT IS NOT A super hardcore necessity, THAT YOUR DAMNED if you dont have hair. Please dont encourage such thoughts. There can be many reasons a sikh who prays to god as lovingly as you do can be a cut surd, point in bringing up Namdev Ji and Kabir Ji was the same, true lovers of God. regardless, I bow before Dasam Guru jis orders and await Almighty Lord Har Har hare / Vaheguru's blessings to do the same.

It is sad how some stupid hardcore ppl think they are the true followers of god but they dont even know what Jap Ji sahib , Sukhmani Sahib, rehras Sahib, Akal Ustat stand for...they just dont know.

Hence when a person from a different religion meets them and asks them about GOD, they go on OUR LORD IS THE MOST POWERFUL LORD, ONLY WE GURUSIKHS ARE WORTHY OF HIS COURT..blah blah freaking blah...stupid illetrate punks. How different is that from those jihadis, who they think the lord loves them more than the whole world and all other religions dont stand up to theirs. Maharaj created all religions, have respect for everything not just yourselves and your biased thoughts.

Singh Vigilance ji, you have already done langar sewa to me just by writing it. I humbly appreciate your service, and salute you. I salute every pathi sitting and reading Guru granth sahib ji when I bow to our Guru Granth sahib ji (matha tekna)..WHY??? He takes my lords name, our lords name.

I am in chandigarh brother, do let me know where you are. And i will do my best to visit you on a weekend, however this time you will give me the honour of serving you langar or help you in some other way. ;)

Someone asked what is Har Har Hare.. :)

You still dont know after reciting Jap ji sahib, Rehras sahib?

Har/Hari, is what our guru's reffered to the Allmighty as. He has billions of names. Vaheguru/Hari/Har Har Hare, is just what I prefer addressing Maharaj as.

I can take your lines and cry over them as well but

HINDU ALERT

HINDU ALERT

Not worth my time.

I can really step on your tail but few others have done a good job. I usually get out of line and quite abusive when it comes to propogating hindus like you, I can just sense it in your lines. ewwwwww

So you can take all the lines and cry the ocean over it.

Sat Shri Akal not namaste

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest_nz

YEah this is quite stupid actually... Firstly some people need to grow up and stop arguing over such stupid things.... I came on here to know why people in the community talk so much about people who cut their hair? I've seen people from the Sikh community (even people from my own family) talk about poeple who cut their hair as if they are such bad sinners. THe other day i went to a dinner at a relatives house and my cousin who happens to be a mona was there. After my cousins family had left my aunty started talking about how ugly he look and that his face looked like a monkey.... And she told me i look gorgeous because i still have my joora..... Now that mad me very angry... WHo cares how someone looks! as long as they are a good person and they do no harm to anyone then whats wrong if they cut their hair or not?

Does it really matter if someone chooses to follow a life without a organised religion? I respect people who follow their religion whether they be a SIkh, Christian Hindu Muslim etc... It doesnt make it right that you can talk bad about someone who does not want to follow a religion

Its amazing how a thread can completely go offtopic and start discussing Hindus !! , And I wholly respect whatever has been said by Nehmat. Even if Har Har is a Hindu , does it mean anything wrong?We are just concerned with what part of 'keeping hair' or 'not keeping hair' he resides in , and why?

And as I have read from his posts , He seems to be a Sikh (but I wonder , if anyone use Har Har that often) , All he wants to say is that you dont have to be arrogant if you are keeping hair , and if you are not keeping it , it is not that the Akaal Purkh wont love you , The timeless almighty , regards everyone equal , regardless of Hair , in my view He's right , but in the framework of Sikhi , keeping Hair is definitely one of the steps towards Naam-Gyaan along with (Kirat karna,Naam Japna and Vand ke chakna) , that almost covers all the teachings , Guru's are our intermediates to get Naam di daat and finally experience the timeless. We are incomplete without the Guru's teachings. And as a Sikh , you should be mor einclined towards keeping hair , a valuable gift of our Gurus.

We can stop the hate , Hate will fade away with time , only timeless will remain.

All the stupid people who say that hair is not necessary in Sikhi need to introscept themselves. They give examples of bhagats (their fav argument case). They say we are following our gurus example but since bhagats were not amritdhari and got salvation without being amritdhari is enough proof that you don't need hair for salvation. However do these people think that they are on a same spiritual level as that of bhagats. Do these people have the spiritual understanding of the philosophies of the guru granth sahib. Can these people state the nature of God by themselves. Did they have a revelation like that of Guru Nanak or a special mission like that of Guru Gobind or have they seen themselves get merged in lord like Bhagat Ravidas or Bhagat Kabir. Do they know what social fabrication was setup by the bhagats. The bhagats were one with the lord they were merged in him. Their spiritual plane was higher than anyone in this world, but the plan for social responsibility was not included in their destiny. They did not change the social structure of society. I would not see this as a shortcoming because theirs was a path only for merging with lord. However their teachings in guru granth sahib cannot stand on their own and it provides strength to guru granth sahib's message.

Guru Gobind said that he was sent by lord himself. Narrating the conversation with lord, he described how the lord said that he was being sent not as a representative or a son or an avtaar or a messenger to this world. But he was being sent to spread the message, which was earlier given to many but fulfilled by none. The actions of Guru Gobind would not be his own but that of the lord. The lord was giving himself in Guru Gobind Singh and would implementing his will as him. And that lord said

1.Do not cut your hair. (He said many things in addition to this which i dont need to explain)

All Gurus were one light they were same, ONE. Guru Nanak gave gurgaddi to Bhai Lehna because his word would be completed by Guru Gobind. Gurus have constantly and remindingly asserted that those who turn off their backs on guru will only wander in despair. And cutting your hair is turning off your back on guru. Kesh is Guru Ki Mohur. You cannot trade with the lord without Guru Ki Mohur. Everyone is equal before the Lord or Gurus. Sarb sangat guru ka khalsa hai. But Keshdhari Sikh Guru ki Mohur hai.

Bhagat Namdev floated a rock on water with his spiritual devotion and power. Can anyone in this world float even one hair from his body with his spiritual power. (and not using trick-magic) Naamdeo might have not needed hair but we do.

Guest Malfion
^^The next thing you would have done after getting the so called knowledge of bani is ask Dasam Guru ji why he put Namdev ji s name in Guru granth sahib, or kabir ji's. Why he chose to include it in Guru granth sahib when he compiled the guru?

You know what--->Do i sound like a preacher to you? Why would you say such crap? When did you get that impression? Stop posting with your utterly meaningless accusations. You dont make any sense.

Why would you compare me to Guru gobind singh ji. Are you seriously that stupid?

Answer me.

You still dont know who my guru is...My god...lol

Then you wont know even if I write it down with the biggest font.

Read my last 2 posts and then tell me you still dont know who My Guru is.

Next time you want someone to clarify something for you, DONT ACCUSE them of meaningless BS. Alright.

Take care.

I too, cut my hair. It wasn't my choice, I was a baby...I had some structural problems and the doctors said I couldn't keep my hair at that age...but my parents were ready to...but anyway, I've had cut hair since I was born...but I WILL become Amrithari later on...when I've composed myself, and gotten rid of any major evil inside me. I do naam whenever I remember,etc.Anyway dude I found a few points of your argument pretty odd.

1) In your first paragraph, you mentioned how Kabir Ji and Namdev Ji's names were in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. The past page had you saying how they didn't have unshorn hair, and stuff. Their messages to us were included to aid our learning(We are Sikhs right) in the future. The Sri Guru Granth Sahib can help us with any questions or problems we have, the Gurus equipped us with the one thing that will be left fresh even after all the buildings in the world come down. Its knowledge. The assumption is that you've already taken amrit. If you haven't, the cons are described within.

Also, don't random swear in every post you make, its an Ad Hominem fallacy. If this was a courtroom, you'd be attacked by lawyers easily using them.

2)You also mention YOUR God. Hes everyones God,Waheguru,the creator,etc. According to logic, you do not know who God is either, any less or any more than I do. We're at the learning phases still, so yeah...just do your research and when you know you're ready, take amrit.

Seems to me you have a fear of being laughed at or something if you don't cut your hair..don't worry I feel the same way, but after I'm done University, I'll be mature enough to take amrit.

Make the choice,man.

OLAA...Im back..

Sorry tokeep you guys waiting.

Ah..SSFGUY, GIRL...lol..or something in between..

HAHAHA..exactly what was expected from you ...yelling hindu hindu...lol

And seems I was right about how you were brought up....im not even <Edited> off..lol..your a cartoon...haha..jumping about with your decisions when no one actually gives a hoot. Gr8...keep it up..we are really sensitive to your remarks..i mean reallly really.lol

I m a Jatt sikh dhaliwal, my elder sis is amritdhari, but u know what nevamind I just wont proove u wrong anymore.lol

OHH and i guess it will be proven fact beyyoooooond doubt that Im a hindu when I recite this:

Gopaal tera aarta, Gopaal tera aarta :) ...hahahahaha...you are sooo soo lost man..lolz...should I yell-

SFF-BAIYA ALERT

SFF-BAIYA ALERT..sure..I can bold it up and increase the font size for it to shine through..lol..but I really dont wanna fall to the same level as you..lol..I'll pass.

Dhannaa.

Dhannaa:

gopwl qyrw Awrqw ] (695-16, DnwsrI, Bgq DMnw jI)

gopaal tayraa aartaa.

O Lord of the world, this is Your lamp-lit worship service.

jo jan tumree bhagat karantay tin kay kaaj savaarataa. ||1|| rahaa-o.

You are the Arranger of the affairs of those humble beings who perform Your

devotional worship service. ||1||Pause||

daal seeDhaa maaga-o ghee-o.

Lentils, flour and ghee - these things, I beg of You.

hamraa khusee karai nit jee-o.

My mind shall ever be pleased.

panHee-aa chhaadan neekaa. anaaj maga-o sat see kaa. ||1||

Shoes, fine clothes, and grain of seven kinds - I beg of You. ||1||

ga-oo bhais maga-o laavayree.

A milk cow, and a water buffalo, I beg of You,

ik taajan turee changayree.

and a fine Turkestani horse.

ghar kee geehan changee.

A good wife to care for my home

jan Dhannaa layvai mangee. ||2||4||

- Your humble servant Dhanna begs for these things, Lord. ||2||4||

Vigilance here seems to be one of the VERY few who can actually be called gursikhs though the way he goes all on attackmode by saying things like if your a lil bit of sikh do this...or that is funny too.

As per rest of you hardcore radicals..here's what I gotta say to you- I actually consider myself more SIKH than you.

You guys are even more lost in this world than me. :)

Malifon...its funny..and also sad, how people cant even understand what was written and whats ACTUALLY being discussed.

Next time anything seems to you, dont associate things that happened to you, could or DID happen to others. Now if they laughed at you, I m sorry. But mine was a different reason...and as I said I actually got my haircut when I was 3 years into India..living in PUNJAB...so i dont know what things seem to you. Just dont stereotype...it might help you.

Regarding Kabir ji and Namdev ji, I really cant type the whole thing again..Please do go back and read if you really want too or Have Fun wid life.

Congrats on the Amrit decision.

By the way vigilance--just wondering as to how many times you chant Har when you recite Sukhmani sahib. :D . Give it a go, try to keep track of it next time you recite the bani. Well that'll be a little hard to keep a track off, try in Jap Ji Sahib, Rehras sahib or any other guru di bani. ;)

Vaheguru ji.

Ciao

there are ways around everything!! i cant believe ima say this but have you thort bout wearting a taati??

some people have a massiv dari, guru kirpa..

other people NATURALY have no beard.

its gods will.

u need to think, will mister dude upstairs (all seeing knowing god) like it if somone done summin that he dont like??? he gives you a gift, and u go and say, umm,, ill take it later.. (try doing that on your birthday in front all relatives!)

he knows when your ready or not. he loves his tests... and dude, this is one test for you!!!

take on what god wants for you, or think, aktualy, i wana dowot i wana do!(manmat!)

but it is up to you.

hair gives you character.. and such a character it is!!

all things happen under gods comand.. but we have a thing that animals dont... choice!! reason.

this is why,its not set where we go..

due to our actions, we goto heven or hell...

neway,iv sed wot i wanted to... went on a bit of a tangent!!

soz!!!

gud luk with whateverr you do.. rugby.... this life...... its all a game...

CHOOSE TO PLAY THE RYTe ONE, IN THE RYTe WAY!!!

gurfateh!

Guest shastr
If you think im using rugby as an exuse to cut my hair your wrong... i really dont give a **** what people think about how i look... To be honest i don't realy care if i have long hair or not... It just hindrs my progress to a dream i want to achieve...

i wasnt gonna reply to this theard, but just wanna make a quick point.

in one of ur posts, you said that God gives a damn about you, and that he cares about you.

and then u go and say that u dont give a **** what people think about how u look, but wat about how god thinks you look? you say u dont care if u have long hair or not, but to be honest, God does care if u have long hair or not. so how can you say that God gives a damn about you, when u say u dont give a damn about his image?

have u ever thought about changing ur dream?

do wat u want, think wat u want, dream wat u want.

but the truth is that everything is fake without maharaj's kirpa. so wat ever dreams u may have bro, they are just a big illusion if you dont give a damn about wat ur bhapu says.

this thread is pointless, and i really dont know y we all try to so hard on this website. its not like anybody's gonna change anybody else through a website forum.

well...u just made a point and gave your advice on a pointless thread...now why would u do that :gg:

I dont think its pointless, because then this whole site wouldbe pointless. Poeple arent gonna change by discussing on an open forum now. Hmm.. I beg to differ.

People learn...People change.. by HIS command, it may happen through anything. They maybe very few in number, but it does happen.