Can Someone Un-comfuse Me?

_singhni_

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to come across Sikhs who treat both boys & girls equally throughout their lives.

You will come across only those who say so but don't practice what they speak.

Waheguru ji created male & female with distinguished physical features and roles to play to procreate.

Therefore since ages the way boys and girls are brought up after a certain age is quiet different.

The custom of one community differs from other e.g life & bringing up of a girl in pind and punjab is different from the one in city and Canada, U.S etc..

The basic unit of a society is made up of one's family. One can only bring about a change by changing the mindset of ones's parents or family.

A son is a son till he has a wife. A daughter is a daughter till the end of life.
A son is a son till he has a wife. A daughter is a daughter till the end of life.

WAH !!!!

double WAH :) (WAH WAH)

not all inequality is bad,

in my house when we were younger, my dad was teaching me oodha aaidha (gurmukhi alphabet) and when i made a mistake i would get a monster thapar. if i cried i would get hit even harder.

my sister would just say oodha and she would get a huge hug from my dad. if she made a mistake she would get another hug.

talk about inequality :)

in my house when we were younger, my dad was teaching me oodha aaidha (gurmukhi alphabet) and when i made a mistake i would get a monster thapar. if i cried i would get hit even harder.

my sister would just say oodha and she would get a huge hug from my dad. if she made a mistake she would get another hug.

Not to forget how always girls get money on different religious occassions (atleast in Hindus). Kadi rakhdi, kadi bhaiadooj, kadi kanjaka, kadi kuj kadi kuj. I would get only on Hoi.

So much gender discrimination :@

umm come on dont be jealous...lol =)

my dada loves me...so yea..but def my sister got a different treatment (now its equal)....i'll ask her if she would say it was an gender equality issue?

but there is a difference in how boys and girls are brought up in every family. like veer ji above said (mandeep) that he would love to have a baby girl thn a boy...

why is that? :)

anyhow

we all know the root cause of the way people think about boys and girls =)

Men and Women should have equal rights because our Gurus have stressed on this. However, it's not so because girls only talk a lot about being equal but do not take any action on it. It's not only good enough to talk about equality but to do something about it will bear a greater fruit.

First off, women should do something about doing kirtan at Sachkhand Shri Harimandir Sahib. Talking is no good my friend, they must fight for their rights. One should take action not only talk.

"Gallin Yog Na Hoi"

kuri only stays with the family until marriage. So she is being trained and raised for her marital life and husband.

So obviously girls and guys are going to be treated differently. Girls and guys are different, nothing wrong with saying that is there now?

I see/seen so called "religious" girls doing very stupiud and characterless things all in the name of eqaulity.