Shooting In Ludhiana

S1ngh

how many of you guys can read punjabi? because he didn't disrespect gurbaani in his article.

its these kinds of mindless killing sprees which helped destroy the movement. how would you guys like it if people went around gunning down AKJ members for disrespecting guru granth sahib by not reading raag maala and saying its not baani?

serioulsy, think about it.

every sikh has the right to disagree with each other. killing an unarmed 60 year old for writing an article that may have offended someone, that's terrorism man. read that article and he was ripping on badal and how he has destroyed the concept of guru panth khalsa. he wrote that gurbaani was always guru.

anyone who hails this as some heroic act, all i gotta say is that all those sukhamni sahib paaths, 108 jap ji sahibs or what ever number it is...bunch of pakhand. because a person who reads that much baani with true devotion wouldn't sink to such a level as this.

its easy to kill a powerless old man with no political power, but badal, who has done his best to destroy the sovereignty of sikh institutions, walks freely.

disgusting.

wrong.

looks like u havent read the article yourself singho.

he said that gurgaddi was not given to guru granth sahib, yet it was given to khalsa panth. so in other words, he said that guru granth sahib was not our guru.

him and his family were staying at darbar sahib, and singhs confronted him about wat he said, and they gave him a chance to say sorry, and take back wat he had written, but he told the singhs that he had done nothing wrong, and he would not take anything back. hence the singhs gave him and his family a lil taste of "chata".

and now, i guess he got put where he belonged.

"whoever does beadhbi of guru granth sahib ji, u should "jatka" that person right there at that very moment" -- baba jarnail singh ji

Yes, this person was a very ghattiyaa nindakk and has been rightfully sent on his way. But we need more of this. Chattar and Jeevan have broken all records of beadbi I feel.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i read it and interpreted it differently. guru panth khalsa did get gurgaddi, agreed? when he says that gurbaani was always guru, is that not true? does that mean gurbaani is not guru? no, it means gurbaani was always guru as stated by guru maharaj himself.

to say that he said guru granth sahib is not guru is false as he said gurbaani is guru. its a different angle i think. it can be interpreted differently as it seems to have been.

i don't know the guy personally, if he is or actually was a rehitvaan gursikh or not...i'm basing my posts on the article in question. just from the pictures, his daughters and wife are keski wearing bibis. obviously believe in sikhi saroop. but again, i don't know their jeevan.

my personal viewpoint is that that article didn't warrant this response.

""whoever does beadhbi of guru granth sahib ji, u should "jatka" that person right there at that very moment" -- baba jarnail singh ji "

saying gurbaani was always guru and talking about guru panth khalsa doesn't warrant being "jhatkaed" in my view.

peace.

i read it and interpreted it differently. guru panth khalsa did get gurgaddi, agreed? when he says that gurbaani was always guru, is that not true? does that mean gurbaani is not guru? no, it means gurbaani was always guru as stated by guru maharaj himself.

to say that he said guru granth sahib is not guru is false as he said gurbaani is guru. its a different angle i think. it can be interpreted differently as it seems to have been.

i don't know the guy personally, if he is or actually was a rehitvaan gursikh or not...i'm basing my posts on the article in question. just from the pictures, his daughters and wife are keski wearing bibis. obviously believe in sikhi saroop. but again, i don't know their jeevan.

my personal viewpoint is that that article didn't warrant this response.

""whoever does beadhbi of guru granth sahib ji, u should "jatka" that person right there at that very moment" -- baba jarnail singh ji "

saying gurbaani was always guru and talking about guru panth khalsa doesn't warrant being "jhatkaed" in my view.

peace.

Dear Veer,

What I have heard from the panthic sources around me is that this guy was a very arrogant person and his wife was also pretty ghattiyaa and did nindiyaa of Gurbani. They were pretty politely told to apologize which they dint and infact became more hankaari. His hankaar cost him his life.

pata ni veer. just basing my views on one article.

i guess my motive is that as guru sahibs sikhs, we really need to use the concept of raising the talwaar very judiciously.

peace.

Dear Veer, I get what u are saying and u are correct. Shastars have to be used with topmost care and respect and not in haummee. Its easy to kill a powerless nindakk than to kill the real big dusths like KPGill, kanjarr ram rahim, chatar and jeevan, badal.

singho, u have read the article wrong. maybe i will try to find the newspaper if i have it somewhere, but he clearly said that guru granth sahib was not given gurgadhi. in clear words. "guru granth sahib nu gurgadhi nahi mili".

It's surprising how quickly all those who took offense at his article were able to take action against him yet the Kukas who have been saying that Guru Granth Sahib was not given Gurgaddi for the last 150 years get away scot free. At least be consistent, if you want to 'sudhaar' everyone whose opinions you don't like then at least take care of all of him.

I personally haven't read his article and to be honest with you even if he said the worst types of things then he didn't deserve to be killed. MQLQ veerji makes a valid point, if we take this type of unilateral action to it's logical conclusion then Sikhs would be killing Kukas, AKJ would be killing Sanatanis, Nihangs would be killed 'angreji' Sikhs. When is this idiotic cycle going to end. To those who think that my thinking is taking this event to extremes, just look at Pakistan and Iraq, one type of Muslims are willing to kill dozens of another type of Muslims without a second thought.

Anyway whatever his crime, Seona will get judged according to his action as will we all one day. Here's an article I found about his background.

===================

Gurfateh,

Please read newsitem in REF[1] and REF[2] whereby a Sikh missionary was

attacked in Darbar Sahib complex by Taksaal activists few months back. Whole

family of missionary Darbara Singh Seona was Amritdhari. Also he had donated

his ancestral land to Akal Academy Baru Sahib. Also it was reported by Baru

Sahib Academy that his daughter had donated Rs 5 lakh to the academy from

personal finances.

Yesterday Sardar Darbara Singh Seona was murdered.

Rgds

Amandeep Singh

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080913/punjab1.htm#11

* Akali leader shot dead

Tribune News Service *

Patiala, September 12

Three scooter-borne miscreants shot dead Akali leader Darbara Singh Seona at

his welding shop near No. 21 railway crossing here this evening.

Seona, earlier an active member of the SAD (Amritsar), had defected to the

SAD (International). His wife Jaswinder Kaur was a former SGPC member.

Two of the scooter-borne miscreants, who came from the Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran

Sahib side, fired indiscriminately at 60-year-old Seona from a revolver.

While one of the bullets pierced his neck, the two hit him in the chest. An

injured Seona tried to hit back at the assailants with a hammer.

Seona was rushed to the Rajindera Hospital, but he died on the way.

--

Rgds

Amandeep Singh

REF[1]

http://kalgidharsociety.org/news/Seona.asp

*Akal Academy - Seona (30th)*

*Date:* 10 September, 2007

*Location:* Village Seona, *Tehsil *Patran, Distt. Patiala, Punjab

*Land donated by:* *S. Darbara Singh Seona and his family (5 acres)*

*Dignitaries present:* Baba Iqbal Singh Ji, Dr. Khem Singh (Vice-President,

The Kalgidhar Trust), Baba Balbir Singh Ji *Garhi Sahib Wale,* Raja

Malvinder Singh Patiala, S. Nirmal Singh Butrana (MLA), Prof. Ram Singh

Kular, Jathedar Paramjit Singh Doabia, S. Karnail Singh Panjoli, Jathedar

Santokh Singh Kalvanu, Mr. Tej Kumar Goel, S. Balraj Singh

.....*More*<http://kalgidharsociety.org/news/Seona.asp>

REF[2]

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080526/punjab.htm

* Family attacked in Golden Temple

serai<http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080526/punjab1.htm#1>

Amritsar, May 25

Activists of a radical Sikh organisation today injured a former woman SGPC

member, her husband and two daughters in Baba Jeevan Singh serai, near SGPC

complex, here today.

[image: Former SGPC member Bibi Jaswinder Kaur Seona (left), her husband

Darbara Singh Seona, a Sikh scholar and daughters, who were beaten up in a

serai of the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Sunday.]

*Former SGPC member Bibi Jaswinder Kaur Seona (left), her husband Darbara

Singh Seona, a Sikh scholar and daughters, who were beaten up in a serai of

the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Sunday. — Photo by Vishal Kumar*

* Family attacked in Golden Temple serai

Sanjay Bumbroo

Tribune News Service *

Amritsar, May 25

complex, here today.

About 50 to 60 activists of a radical Sikh organisation armed with swords

and lathis knocked at the room of Darbara Singh Seona at 11 am to seek

apology from him for the alleged blasphemous article in a Punjabi daily.

However, he refused to apologise for the article stating he was prepared for

a debate on the issue.

SP( city-1) Babu Lal Meena said the victims had been admitted to the civil

hospital and a case would be registered against the accused after receiving

the medical report.

It's surprising how quickly all those who took offense at his article were able to take action against him yet the Kukas who have been saying that Guru Granth Sahib was not given Gurgaddi for the last 150 years get away scot free. At least be consistent, if you want to 'sudhaar' everyone whose opinions you don't like then at least take care of all of him.

I personally haven't read his article and to be honest with you even if he said the worst types of things then he didn't deserve to be killed. MQLQ veerji makes a valid point, if we take this type of unilateral action to it's logical conclusion then Sikhs would be killing Kukas, AKJ would be killing Sanatanis, Nihangs would be killed 'angreji' Sikhs. When is this idiotic cycle going to end. To those who think that my thinking is taking this event to extremes, just look at Pakistan and Iraq, one type of Muslims are willing to kill dozens of another type of Muslims without a second thought.

Anyway whatever his crime, Seona will get judged according to his action as will we all one day. Here's an article I found about his background.

===================

Gurfateh,

Please read newsitem in REF[1] and REF[2] whereby a Sikh missionary was

attacked in Darbar Sahib complex by Taksaal activists few months back. Whole

family of missionary Darbara Singh Seona was Amritdhari. Also he had donated

his ancestral land to Akal Academy Baru Sahib. Also it was reported by Baru

Sahib Academy that his daughter had donated Rs 5 lakh to the academy from

personal finances.

Yesterday Sardar Darbara Singh Seona was murdered.

Rgds

Amandeep Singh

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080913/punjab1.htm#11

* Akali leader shot dead

Tribune News Service *

Patiala, September 12

Three scooter-borne miscreants shot dead Akali leader Darbara Singh Seona at

his welding shop near No. 21 railway crossing here this evening.

Seona, earlier an active member of the SAD (Amritsar), had defected to the

SAD (International). His wife Jaswinder Kaur was a former SGPC member.

Two of the scooter-borne miscreants, who came from the Gurdwara Dukh Nivaran

Sahib side, fired indiscriminately at 60-year-old Seona from a revolver.

While one of the bullets pierced his neck, the two hit him in the chest. An

injured Seona tried to hit back at the assailants with a hammer.

Seona was rushed to the Rajindera Hospital, but he died on the way.

--

Rgds

Amandeep Singh

REF[1]

http://kalgidharsociety.org/news/Seona.asp

*Akal Academy - Seona (30th)*

*Date:* 10 September, 2007

*Location:* Village Seona, *Tehsil *Patran, Distt. Patiala, Punjab

*Land donated by:* *S. Darbara Singh Seona and his family (5 acres)*

*Dignitaries present:* Baba Iqbal Singh Ji, Dr. Khem Singh (Vice-President,

The Kalgidhar Trust), Baba Balbir Singh Ji *Garhi Sahib Wale,* Raja

Malvinder Singh Patiala, S. Nirmal Singh Butrana (MLA), Prof. Ram Singh

Kular, Jathedar Paramjit Singh Doabia, S. Karnail Singh Panjoli, Jathedar

Santokh Singh Kalvanu, Mr. Tej Kumar Goel, S. Balraj Singh

.....*More*<http://kalgidharsociety.org/news/Seona.asp>

REF[2]

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080526/punjab.htm

* Family attacked in Golden Temple

serai<http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080526/punjab1.htm#1>

Amritsar, May 25

complex, here today.

[image: Former SGPC member Bibi Jaswinder Kaur Seona (left), her husband

Darbara Singh Seona, a Sikh scholar and daughters, who were beaten up in a

serai of the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Sunday.]

*Former SGPC member Bibi Jaswinder Kaur Seona (left), her husband Darbara

Singh Seona, a Sikh scholar and daughters, who were beaten up in a serai of

the Golden Temple in Amritsar on Sunday. — Photo by Vishal Kumar*

* Family attacked in Golden Temple serai

Sanjay Bumbroo

Tribune News Service *

Amritsar, May 25

complex, here today.

About 50 to 60 activists of a radical Sikh organisation armed with swords

and lathis knocked at the room of Darbara Singh Seona at 11 am to seek

apology from him for the alleged blasphemous article in a Punjabi daily.

However, he refused to apologise for the article stating he was prepared for

a debate on the issue.

SP( city-1) Babu Lal Meena said the victims had been admitted to the civil

hospital and a case would be registered against the accused after receiving

the medical report.

To kill anyone is bad.This guy is highlighting seona.He is not telling us that Seona committed blasphemy by writing wrong things about sikh beliefs.

Earlier he did slander Dasam granth.From Dasam Granth these group of non-believers has come to disown SGGS JI.Where these missionaries will stop.

The main person at fault is Rozanaspokesman.

Please read

=========================================

http://www.worldsikhnews.com/28%20May%2020...us%20tirade.htm

Spokesman continues its blasphemous tirade

Jagmohan Singh

Darbara%20Singh%20Seona.jpgAMRITSAR/CHANDIGARH: The Sikh nation takes legitimate pride that the Guru Granth Sahib contains the original writings of the Sikh Gurus and that in the annals of religious history, the Tenth master introduced a unique concept by passing on the Guruship and guiding authority to Guru Granth Sahib and the Commonwealth of the Khalsa, the Guru Panth.

In a sad but sinister twist, a section of Sikh scholars under the tutelage of a two year old publication, the Rozana Spokesman from Chandigarh, have started to question the historicity of this. Had this come from the quarters of the Rashtriya Sikh Sangat, the Bharatiya Janta Party or the Arya Samaj, it would be have understandable, but for the Spokesman to unleash a barrage of anti-Sikh venom is highly derogatory.

World Sikh News has refrained from engaging itself with the numerous non-issues flared by the paper from time to time, but as this is the ultimate abuse to the tenets of Sikhism, actually blasphemy, it cannot be left aside.

Taking umbrage at the writings of Darbara Singh Seona – a former member of the SGPC, members of the youth body of the breakaway group of Damdami Taksal and the Guru Granth Sahib Satkar Committee physically attacked him, his wife Jaswinder Kaur –who is also a former SGPC member, his two daughters –Pavitter Kaur and Amrit Kaur, in the Baba Jeevan Singh Serai, near Darbar Sahib.

Before the 50-strong contingent, who entered the room under the pretext of being policemen, attacked them, they sought apology from him which was not forthcoming. He said that, "he was prepared to debate". The writer had said that "the status of Guru was not bestowed on the Guru Granth Sahib by the tenth master but to the Panth"

While the Amritsar police are dilly-dallying with the case, Atinder Pal Singh, the President of International Akali Dal to whom the writer owed allegiance, has disowned the writings of his party person. He has said that "Guruship was bestowed on Guru Granth Sahib and the interpreting and implementing authority was Guru Panth." Simranjit Singh Mann has sought the arrest of the writer and also of Joginder Singh, the editor of Spokesman. He has urged the Badal government to take stringent actions against the paper. His party, the Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) has filed numerous complaints against the daily at various places in Punjab.

World Sikh News does not condone violence. The Sikh community has been taught not to allow any abuse of basic Sikh tenets –"Gur ki ninda sune na kahn". It is considered irresponsible to even hear the sacrilegious talk about the Gurus.

The editor of Spokesman as usual has tried to subvert the issue through subterfuge and semantic duel, apportioning the blame squarely on Sikh priests and indulging in self-aggrandizement of his new found wisdom.

Whether Spokesman will see continue its fateful journey and forays, whether the SGPC and the Punjab government will act more effectively in handling the case and whether Sikh missionaries and neo-Scholars who are indirectly supporting the Spokesman will refrain from doing so and what turn the events will take, only time will tell.

28 May, 2008