Guest concerned

So everyone on this forum where's bana to work? You and me both know that's not true

Nothing wrong with tieing your dhara is all im saying. And know-one here should judge you if you do!

Yeah alot of people dont wear baana to work, they wear what they normally wear-english clothes etc. Dhaara should be open all the time. And beleive me there are alot of people out there with kirpaa that wear baana to work and uni, so dont assume that just becuase you dont see them, they dont exist. Its just a uniform, we should keep the roop of khalsa, keep your dhara open, God will do kirpaa.

why tie ur dhari thats what i dont understand????does it look neater??i dont think so all that gel and nets etc make it look like a bodge job. does it get in the way???well maybe if ur in teh army i know singhs used to tie their beards but thats fair enough it could get trapped in their military equipment and coud be dangerous!

i swear all the goreh i have cum in contact with have more respect 4 me/singhs for being loud/proud. its wicked when they ask about ur beard and say stuff liek 'ooooo its so long lol!!!!'

cum on lads be proud

Mate tying your dhari or keeping open wont get you a job, this is your THOUGHT and no one elses and if you let these things dominate your mind you wont get anywhere....your interview and intellectual skills will do the justice.....don't think negative, because negative will happen, think positive and think Guru ji and get out there and start looking for a job before I throw a chappal on you LOL :p

A quote from Bob Proctor "If you have a thought, you can hold it in your hand, if you make that thought dominant you will bring it to life" and this is the same advice I would give you, don't hide behind religious opinions!

So has Guru ka Sikh, get out there be brave, be confident and have that "can-do" enthusiam and get the job you want, the right job.

• 1 year later...
Guest RPS Dhillon

People forget the essence of Guru Nanak's teachings. The very reason this sect was created was because Hinduism was plagued with so many senseless superstitions and practices.

To date we state Guru Nanaks gentle mocking of the rituals, and yet today we have succembed to the same.

I think basically we as people "Need" to be bound by rules, practices, superstitions to feel religious or spiritual. Sad but true.

Open beard, tied beard, AmritDhaari, non AmritDhaari, Keeping a Kripan (which btw can be replaced by a gun today as the point was readyness for defence an protecting the incapable) or not, Even keeping a beard at all, or Kesh for that matter, how does it matter at all??? We are sooooooo mixed up with the symbolics yet again, becoming just as "roodhivaadi" as hinduism or any other religion. Guru Nanak would be ashamed of us as a people.

Im a SIKH, and a proud one at that. I keep an open beard, which has never created any problems for me at work. But the only reason i keep my beard open, or keep a beard an kesh at all, is simply because i like them. No religious sentiments attached to senseless symbols.

Guest __respectALL

I am currently working in the food industry and i have to tie my beard up i am kesdharii amritdharii gursikh of Guru Gobind Singh. The situation here means that many employers will not even look at you because you remind them of Osama Bin Laden. If it means you can get a good job and tell people about Sikh values then tieing your beard cannot be wrong. None has given any shabdas from Guru to show they are rite. because they cannot be write.

Guest Moorakh

Im a SIKH, and a proud one at that. I keep an open beard, which has never created any problems for me at work. But the only reason i keep my beard open, or keep a beard an kesh at all, is simply because i like them. No religious sentiments attached to senseless symbols.

If you are a Sikh, you must have been initiated into the Panth at some time or the other. Your Guru asked you to keep the symbols you call 'senseless'. Are you sikh of the guru? Have you reached the level of Guru ji to know why they asked us to keep these 'senseless' articles of faith (not symbols)?

Read Guru Gobind SIngh Ji's Bani for a black and white hukam to keep the 5Ks.

take pride in what u are, not what other want u to be. Guru ji have said that a Singh will be identified from a big crowd, learn to answer the questions rather then accepting things.

Please do not tie our sikhi believes and move on, if someone ask u, then teach them meaning of sikhi, rather then being shamed about it.