Flirting

Guest someone special

Guest someone special

IF you are an amritdhari girl or boy and you flirt with another member of the opposite sex does that me you are breaking your amrit???

flirting - innocent or otherwise i mean.

I may come off a bit strong here, so bear with me.

Wearing indecent clothes, giving up nitnem, giving up going to gurudwara does not "break" amrit either. Something to think about.

BTW, why would you flirt in the first place? !!! :S

oh and what is "innocent flirting"

I may come off a bit strong here, so bear with me.

Wearing indecent clothes, giving up nitnem, giving up going to gurudwara does not "break" amrit either. Something to think about.

BTW, why would you flirt in the first place? !!! :S

oh and what is "innocent flirting"

flirting whether innocent or not is still flirting - just thought id point that out

IF you are an Amritdhari girl or boy and you flirt with another member of the opposite sex does that me you are breaking your Amrit???

Each individual has their own capacity to implement a set of guidelines for themselves. I would avoid getting into it being right or wrong or whether it breaks Amrit or not. As most will tell you there are 4 major Kurhaits and only those break your Amrit, nothing else. These are few bumps on the road which need to be examined by the individual and what they are trying to achieve by their actions and intentions. There are limits which are either implied or verbally expressed when it comes to behaving with the opposite sex and it depends from one individual to the next. There is a time and place where some things might be acceptable and some not. If two people from the opposite sex are in a friendship, brother/sister relationship then they have their own set of limits which they've set or need to set for themselves where they both feel comfortable. That doesn't mean you sit down with them and write them down, rather these things are often implied through our actions.

Guest _Neet_
IF you are an amritdhari girl or boy and you flirt with another member of the opposite sex does that me you are breaking your amrit???

lol

not that wrong but try to avoid it :)

but if u seriously like somebody and believe they are able to become ur life partner then ur parents or elders will guide u better than us :) (well Goodluck in that case)

i think the problem is with the word flirting. The word implies there is a level of interest and attraction on a physical level which leads to playful physical contact.

The act being in an innocent manner means there is no 'physical attraction' in the mind when 2 individuals are joking around...that it is just horseplay between one person and the other. The issue is that often such things are misinterpreted as them flirting. That how can a boy and a girl who talk or joke around, or be in physical contact without being physically attracted is preposterous to some.

SATORI!

(where have u been? nyhow back to teh topic)

agree with u satori.

oh and

I look at this through the eyes of Quantum Physics. It's a fascinating observation.

i would love to read about that observation...as my mind doesnt want/ready to look at things through QP on its own...

looking fwd to reading it..