Meat Store w/ Guru Nanak's Picture

Jassika

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

veer ji i'm again confused here, u mean Guru Sahib is around us and watching us only when we are listening to bani....I DONT AGREE...
Did I say he only watches us when we are listening to bani? ...
When we listen to Bani, we should know that Guru Sahib is around us and watching us. Yes, is it true that he is: Sadda Ang Sange, but not everyone realizes this, but atleast when we are listening to bani, we should remember Guru Sahib.

ummm... no

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

It is fairly obvious that no one is trying to understand SoGGSJ, so lets put this in simpler terms:

1. Waheguru is everywhere

2. Guru is also with us always

3. We are all manmukhs, we forget about Guru and Waheguru at every chance we get

4. Even in Gurdwara our minds wander

5. So if I have a picture of Guru Nanak in my room, every time I enter my room, I see the guru's picture, and I remember points 1 and 2.

6. If we turn on some keertan/path at work, when we hear the keertan we remember points 1 and 2.

7. The more that we remember points 1 and 2, the better our chance is with remembering points 1 and 2 even without seeing or hearing anything gurbani related.

All clear?

No one is advocating idol worship. In fact, no one was even worshipping an idol! It mearly acts as a visual reminder of points 1 and 2 above. blush.gif

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I really dont understand, y u have to look at the picture of guru to remember point 1 and 2.

Why you have to listen to gurbani to remember points 1 and 2.

I guess, if u remember points 1 and 2, you will listen to gurbani.

Guru is inside us, atleast i dont have to look at his pic (though we sikhs are not supposed to believe in these pics) to remember him.

Did I say he only watches us when we are listening to bani? ...

veer ji, if that is the case, it doesnt make any sense to me coz, guru is watching us and is around us every single second, so if u would have said...."GURU IS WATCHING US AND IS AROUND US ALL THE TIME" it would have been better.

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Well, i didnt want this, but i guess i have to say..

SOGGS ji, actually problem is with you, you want everyone to swing with what u say.

And if somebody is disagree with you, you behave like this only, its not with me but i have seen you many times.

Secondly, obviously, there is no point in arguing with you, as i came to know what your approach is.

Thirdly, i should not say this, but i have to, you are amritdhari, just introspect yourself how much nimarta you have in you. It reflects in each of your post and specially the last one.

Fourthly, i'm not keen in arguing with you, coz i guess you are still 18 and i'm 23..so there is a difference of age and it doesnt suit me to argue with you.

Fifth, dont get so much angry when someone say something different then you.

Sixth, check the meaning of sarcasm in dictionary, i guess what you are doing is that only.

Sadh Sangat ji, i'm the most moorakh person over here, and i didnt want this, but couldnt control myself in writing all this.

I just joined here to share what i think, and to gain the knowledge everyone of u have.

But Rochak veer ji, is rite, before doing anything, or pointing towards anyone, we have to check ourself. And i will try to do that.

I seek forgiveness from my guru and guru pyaari sadh sangat ji

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Vaneet Singh, you joined an open Sikh forum to discuss points of concern with fellow sangat members. I hope that you did not expect to do this without hearing some facts that you yourself don't agree with.

and several things with regard to your comments against SoGGSJ:

- it is wrong to think that there is no point in arguing with someone because they are younger than you. Some of the older people that we know are fools, and some of the youngest have been our Gurus.

- if there is anger in any of his posts, I haven't seen it yet.

- I too am am Amritdhari, and though I have disagreed with him in many of his posts :umm: , I do agree with him here.

- Since you are great enough to be able remember Waheguru with every breath, regardless of if you are studying or working, eating or sleeping, in gurdwara and outside of it, at a B-day party or a funeral, you obviously are much greater than any of us. But we are all still moorakhs down here, and we need that little reminder every once in a while that Waheguru and our Gurus are with us. If we didn't, we wouldn't be moorakhs, would we?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I think the misunderstanding arose when SoGGSJ wrote the "cop" thing which gave wrong signals to people here.I myself got confused when he said that...becuase "a photo" or "pathh" shud not act like a cop.Cop shud be almighty...and He is omnipresent.

So we shud think before writing to aviod such misunderstandings.And if we write something like that...we shud make it as clear as we can. I personally DONOT beleive in "photo" thingi to remind me of my gurus.As for a gursikh guru shud be ang sang eveytime and everywhere.They shud not keep photos in their wallets or something to remind themselve of Guru.If somebdy need outer things to remind himself/herself of guru then he/she is seriously lacking something.This whole creation is a proof of His presense.....why do we need "photos" and other things to remind ourself of guru?So the "cop" theory never works for a gursikh or amritdhari sikh.A gursikh shud be like:

"Nimakh na bisroo tumko har har,

sadda bajho jagdish,

puuta matta ki asees"

So if we r gursikh, we shud not forget the alimighty for a second.If we are manmukh then we can spend time in maya forgetting Almighty forever or can keep so called "signs" to remember Him once a while.

This is what I think.

Bhul chuk maff.

I hope that you did not expect to do this without hearing some facts that you yourself don't agree with.
just curious, doesnt that apply to everyone???
it is wrong to think that there is no point in arguing with someone because they are younger than you. Some of the older people that we know are fools, and some of the youngest have been our Gurus.

Veer ji, again here, you havent got my point, i guess most of the sangat here is younger to me, i never said this thing to anybody else....why (just think)....if u want me to say, soggs ji is a great scholar, i dont feel anything in saying that, but again, try to hold the nerve.

if there is anger in any of his posts, I haven't seen it yet.

Veer ji, i dont c either love, please take note of last of his post.
I too am am Amritdhari, and though I have disagreed with him in many of his posts  , I do agree with him here.

Veer ji, please dont force others to agree

Since you are great enough to be able remember Waheguru with every breath, regardless of if you are studying or working, eating or sleeping, in gurdwara and outside of it, at a B-day party or a funeral, you obviously are much greater than any of us. But we are all still moorakhs down here, and we need that little reminder every once in a while that Waheguru and our Gurus are with us. If we didn't, we wouldn't be moorakhs, would we?

Please refer to last post by veer Balwinder Singh for this. He has given an awesome post.

And this forum is to learn sikhi and to share what we have, so SOGGS ji please dont worry about space.