Meat Store w/ Guru Nanak's Picture

Jassika

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen many people doin the following things:

1) Amritdhari Sikhs in US or any other country sellin meat and alcohol in their restaurants.

2) People drinking infront of Guru ji's photos (and with gutkees in other rooms) sittin in their living rooms.

3) People watching non-sense Indian movies(with lotta vulgarity) with guru jis photos in their room.

4)People drinking in their cars with guru jis photos inside.

5)Sikhs sellin cigrattes at their gas stations with guru jis photo installed.

....and the list goes on and on....

The incidents I quoted are very common.What do u guys think abt the above quoted incidents?

Did anyone try to talk to the butcher about it ?

Did anyone try telling him not to do so?

If not then whats the point in saying anything?

Remember Bhagat Sadna was a butcher too! Did that make him unfit in God's court?

How many of us NOT think bad thoughts sittin inside Gurdwara? How many of us NOT look at people having useless stuff in mind while sitting inside Gurdwara? How many of us NOT do stupid things at home where we have gutke or even prakash of SGGS? So are we any different from this person?

Lets try to look at ourselves before we point fingers at others.

^_^

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

While you are right, that waheguru is everywhere, not everyone realizes it at all times. That's why having a picture of Guru will always remind you that he is everywhere everytime you look at him.

Its kinda like a lot of people have Ik Onkar tatooed on the back of their hand, so that they will always remember that wahguru is with them always.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

pictures are nothing to a sikh. It is the shabad Guru which is sacred, not some pic.

If that guy has a picture of a Guru wes hould ask him why he believes in a pic when there is shabad Guru, rather than saying hey take that picture off the wall, i mean what would you do take it off the wall and wrap it up in some expensive fabric and bow down to it and ask God for forgivesness that Sobha singh's imaginative pic was disrespected?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

While you are right, that waheguru is everywhere, not everyone realizes it at all times. That's why having a picture of Guru will always remind you that he is everywhere everytime you look at him.

Its kinda like a lot of people have Ik Onkar tatooed on the back of their hand, so that they will always remember that wahguru is with them always.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Thanks for making it clear for me Bhai Sahib. This is exactly what I meant. When we listen to Bani, we should know that Guru Sahib is around us and watching us. Yes, is it true that he is: Sadda Ang Sange, but not everyone realizes this, but atleast when we are listening to bani, we should remember Guru Sahib. I hope I am clear now.

Thanks for making it clear for me Bhai Sahib. This is exactly what I meant. When we listen to Bani, we should know that Guru Sahib is around us and watching us. Yes, is it true that he is: Sadda Ang Sange, but not everyone realizes this, but atleast when we are listening to bani, we should remember Guru Sahib. I hope I am clear now.

veer ji i'm again confused here, u mean Guru Sahib is around us and watching us only when we are listening to bani....I DONT AGREE...

Guru sahab ta saade andar vi vasde ne...so y to put condition of listening bani??

i really havent got ur point here, could u please again clarify

Bhul Chuk Maaf

Did anyone try to talk to the butcher about it ?

Did anyone try telling him not to do so?

If not then whats the point in saying anything?

Remember Bhagat Sadna was a butcher too! Did that make him unfit in God's court?

How many of us NOT think bad thoughts sittin inside Gurdwara? How many of us NOT look at people having useless stuff in mind while sitting inside Gurdwara? How many of us NOT do stupid things at home where we have gutke or even prakash of SGGS? So are we any different from this person?

Lets try to look at ourselves before we point fingers at others.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

^_^^_^^_^

well said rochak paji. v need 2 improve urself.

pray.gif haam nahi changea buraa nahi koi

pranvat naaanak taarea soyea pray.gif

Hum nahi changay bura nahi koey...

We are all sitting here pointing out what is wrong with these people. First of all as mentioned above, these "pictures" have absolutely nothing to do with sikhi and hold no meaning. We do not believe in Idol worship.

For the indvidual listening to sukhmani sahib...at least he's listening...i mean i'm not saying one shouldn't treat gurbani with respect, but he's doing something good...maybe not perfect...but good. you know? the possiblities are endless...him being a butcher is his honest living, it could be helping him from avoiding to other means to make money. its aidin ghim in being honest.