Sikh Student Camp Should B Stoppd

frontline

Of course, being Amritdhari doesnt make you less immune, and yes its easy to show the world how 'good' you are, but allowing a Sevadar who cuts their Kesh, but yet performs Seva of Maharaj, doesnt give a good impression either way.

Everyones journey begins somewhere...........seva is not somthing that is reserved just for someone who keeps kes.........again pahji like you sed it is blessed from Maharaj, and if there are Moneh sewadars can that not be some amazing kirpa from Maharaj to bring non- sehaj/amrit dharis onto the sikhi path?...........untimatly......sewa requires pyaar and dedication, and again sorry to sound blunt and this is just my opinion but your physical roop does not intesify this pyaar..........because pyaar comes from within.........without that, outer body is nothing more than a shell.........we seem to be loosing site of this.............

did every sikh that came to Guru Ji in puratan samma come with kes/dastar?............no

did Guru Ji turn them away?................no..........................

did guru always show love to them regardless..............yes...........

could this be the reason that so many people after having darshaan of Guru Ji and became embrace in His pyaar, walked the sikh path there after....................? maybe............i do know but i know that i how would like to have been treated

Sikhi doesn't come cheap.. you need to sacrifice something in order to be able to serve your Guru. Seva can only be blessed, not taken. Not implying that all sehajdhari/sabat soorat/amritdharis who do Maharaj's seva are pure inwards, but some have given up something, whether thats stop cutting their Kesh, in order to be blessed with that Seva. That was the point i was trying to get across!

I agree but dont you think its more inportant to get the basics of sacrifice right? which begins with your mind, body and soul? everyones journey to waheguru is different...............some will keep kes all their life and have no understanding that it is a gift from God.................some people will be crack smoking gagster wannabes but waheguru does kirpa on both..........i guess what im trying to say is............if the inside is pure....if the soul is touch by waheguru and develops pyaar for waheguru........sewa will always be blessed upon REGARDLESS of whether there is a dastaar on the head of that person or a hanky...............

everyone has to start somewhere and who are we to put rules and restrictions around wahegurus work? but where errors are being made its up to us as brothers and sisters to aid and assist each other with PYAAR and SHARDA...........the basics of any sewa which i fear are being lost amongst labels such as amritdhari/sehajdaris/moneh etc...............

eyku ipqw eyks ky hm bwirk qU myrw gur hweI ]

eaek pithaa eaekas kae ham baarik thoo maeraa gur haaee ||

The One God is our father; we are the children of the One God. You are our Guru.

:)

"bina shaster kaysang narang bhaydd jaano gahai kaan thaa(n) ko kithai lai

ehe mor ageya suno tum peyare bina kes tegan devon na deedarey"

Dasam Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahaaraj

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True say!

But wasn't it Dasam Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahaaraj who Himself came and blessed Bhai Rama Singh Ji with His darshan at a time when Bhai Sahib was still a mona-cleanshaven and in bed with a woman who was not his wife?

Gurujee can shower His bakshish on ANYONE whenever He wills to. He is not bound by rules, we are.

True say!

But wasn't it Dasam Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Mahaaraj who Himself came and blessed Bhai Rama Singh Ji with His darshan at a time when Bhai Sahib was still a mona-cleanshaven and in bed with a woman who was not his wife?

Gurujee can shower His bakshish on ANYONE whenever He wills to. He is not bound by rules, we are.

Not quite,the book states Bhai Rama Singh was sleeping in the same room as a jewish woman, not in the same bed

Guru Sahib can give bakshish to anyone but lets not underestimate the importance of keeping kes as per gurmat,

anyway back to the topic ppl :)

i agree with most of the points raised, but if your points were put bluntly your more or less saying that unless your amritdhari your not allowed to do seva, as i say evreryone needs to start somewhere maybe doing langar dee seva at camps, once a year for say 10 years, that mona might look at it later on in life with a view to taking amrit, thats why i think any restrictions are silly cause then moneh would have no cnnection to sikhi at all, so what would be the point in that :umm:

but then again i can see how it works both ways, i see it as a grey area, everyones entitled to their opinion of course its just how its perceived in general that may be the problem!

You are probably right. My bad. He was in same room, probably not same bed. I got confused. Sorry.Although it says "double bed" in the book, which means they slept on a big bed, but nonetheless, bad example on my part lol.

bhul chukk maaf

also can see your view about the initial darshan to a 'mona' but the book states that bhai sahib was doing bhagti at that time and also mentions that Guru sahib told him to take amrit..

good point though!

I have been quite neutral on camps etc for a while... but now i agree totally : SIKH STUDENT CAMP must be stopped now.

Enough is enough of this charade. However, we need another totally neutral organisation to take up the seva of organising camps for beginniners. Khalsa Camp is fantastic at boosting spirituality and it can be quite advanced stuff... Sikhi Camp is great for people who are new into Sikhi but there is no camp like Sikh Student camp for encouraging moneh etc to take up Gursikhi in their lives. Sikh Student Camp has had its chance and its failed. Its failed to bring in the right parchaaraks and balance the level of "chilling" and "seva, simran, sangat" which there is hardly none of. Even if there is, its not a priority.

So i support the motion to get rid of this camp.. but we need something in its place.

True say!

Bhai Rama Singh Sahib was keeping kesh at the time if i recall correctly. Plus he was doing sukhmani sahib and mool mantar abiyaas for 12 hrs per day.

Bhai Rama Singh Sahib was keeping kesh at the time if i recall correctly. Plus he was doing sukhmani sahib and mool mantar abiyaas for 12 hrs per day.
Veerji you are right about the Sukhmani Sahib and Mool Mantar abhiyaas, however I am pretty sure he was a mona then.

Lets stay on topic brother. I didn't mean to make it sound like we don't need Sikhi saroop for Gurujee's bakshish. But yes it is solely upto Gurujee how He wants to draw someone towards His charan. Bhai Sahib had loads of kamaaee from many lifetimes, and so I just gave his example. None of us on here come close to even his shadow.

bhul chuk maaf