Vegetarian Food Crisps And Noodles

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can make your own noodles which is tasty and more nutritious .in morrisons /asda/sainsburys buy a couple packs of precooked white(rice based) noodles .they are

found in the vegetable section .also a pack of tofu and some vegetables like brocolli ,carrots and mushrooms(optional) ,spring onions spinach and coriander .you also need some soya sauce .the best is something called'' indonesian ABC sweet soya sauce ''which u buy in chinese/oriental supermarkets .if not just get a bottle of light nd a bottle of dark soya sauce .if u can ,get a small bottle too of sesame oil .

1)in a kwok/karai ,first of all fry either tofu or paneer cut up small very quickly till its light golden brown in colour and keep aside.

2)next ,in the same kwok fry some onions/ginger/garlic/cilies .then add chopped carrots and

now to that add hald a teaspoon of turmeric(haldi) and cili powder and salt

3)when the carrots appear a little soft after 2-3 minutes add the brocolli for a couple minutes ,then the spinach

4)after a minute,add the noodles in the pack ,squirt over that a few tablespoons of whatever soya sauce you have ,then fresh chopped coriander/spring onions /i chopped tomato and also add in the fried paneer or tofu u put aside earlier .mix it all up within a minute over top fire in yur kwok till it looks a light brown typical colour noodle colour .add more soya sauce if need be .now squueze over that half a nimbu or lemon and a few drops of sesame oil

5)now your stir fry singapore style chinese vegeterian noodles are ready to eating .to reheat they just need to be microwaved for about a minute incase you have left over for the next meal .

please feel free to ask me any vegeterian recipe of any culture as cooking as my big time hobby apart from keertan etc .through GURU MAHARAJ kirpa i should be able to give you a simple fast real tasty workable recipe .

one chutney that used to be made during akhand paaths to go with phoolke and dall that is gone out of fashion and forgotten now was called '' DILKHUSH'' .try the following recipe for it

first ,in the oven /grill or over the hob dry roast an aubergine .next peel it ,then cut up or break up the cooked mash with your fingers .to that add ,some imbli(tamarind) juice ,finely chopped red and green cilies /red onions and coriander and tomato ,and salt and a little sugar(optional).mix it together and thats simple dilkhush .looks like a colourful aubergine based salsa .perfect to go with puria chole or dall roti .

to make the softest ,tastiest chapattis ever you can try using milk/and /or yoghurt instead of water to make the dough .i normally press my pera a couple times under a puree press b4 i roll it out .that way you get a real thin phholka .

and now i need to go make some nice tasty bay leaf aroma-ed vegetable biryani rice .hahaaa sunny loves kirtan from canada is going to get hungry if he reads this !

thankk you for thattt im definatley gonna try thatttt!!! an then i suppose i could make alot and then store the resttt for the week lol next timei go shopping ill get those rice based noodles u suggestedd vegetables are always aroundd..but i love my noodlesss...i love cooking too..by any chance do u no how to make shahee paneer bcs apprently theres a paste for it my mums says but i cant findd...thank you so much againnnn for the recipeee much appreciateddd!!..o anddd if i do remberrr too i will lett you no howww it goesss

:D

also, although unrelated to noodles try the following

Paman Singh's Torqay Valey Beans!!

:) ))))

Ingredients:

Beans

Haree Mirch

Loon

Mirch

Masala

Piaaj

Tumaatur

Lusun

Olive Oil

First - Get a small pan, shallow one - ideally a stir fry pan.

Layer the bottom of it slightly with olive oil (use olive as its much healthier for you!)

Dice the onions (i use approx 3/4 of an onion), then throw it in to the pan.

Grate the Lussun (around 5 or 6..."grates" should be sufficient!), add this to the pan

Put it on the cooker, and set it lowest heat setting.

Next, chop up the haree mirch finely. Add this to the mix, and stir in well

Then take 2-3 (or more if you like some bite!) tablespoons of mirch and masala powder, and add these, before adding a wee smattering of loon (not too much!)

Once you have done this, stir, and turn the heat up - by this time the piaaj should be beginning to sizzle nicely

Chop up the tumaatur and add to the now delicious mixture. Make sure that the tumaatur is added last, as it is the quickest to burn up and disappear!

Leave this for 45-60 seconds, and then add a tin of Heinz Beans, and stir.

Once this begins to bubble slightly, voila!

Torqay Valey Beans!!!!

personally, i dont even think that the meaty flavoured crisps and other things even tase like the real thing. so as long as

the meat flavour is artificial, i think you can eat them.

just lyk to say, i know a singh who has done alot of research and its a fact that the meat flavours in pot noodles are

completely artificial. i love the stuff!!!!!!!

I was brought up a veggie but because of other influences in my family i started eating meat from a young age. now i have

taken amrit and dont touch the stuff

which flavour are u talking abt for pot noodles is that chciekn and mushroom? cos thats got chicken peices for sure i think...it used to wun of my favourites back in the days....but it doesnt matter to mee i just wont eat any of these flavouring things..

thank you for your kind help

bhaji, i would just like to say that you are wrong there. those chicken pieces that you are talking about arnt actually chicken.

they are pieces of soya.

personally, i dont even think that the meaty flavoured crisps and other things even tase like the real thing. so as long as

the meat flavour is artificial, i think you can eat them.

just lyk to say, i know a singh who has done alot of research and its a fact that the meat flavours in pot noodles are

completely artificial. i love the stuff!!!!!!!

I was brought up a veggie but because of other influences in my family i started eating meat from a young age. now i have

taken amrit and dont touch the stuff

which flavour are u talking abt for pot noodles is that chciekn and mushroom? cos thats got chicken peices for sure i think...it used to wun of my favourites back in the days....but it doesnt matter to mee i just wont eat any of these flavouring things..

thank you for your kind help

bhaji, i would just like to say that you are wrong there. those chicken pieces that you are talking about arnt actually chicken.

they are pieces of soya.

lol penji actually...isit??? are u suree sorryyy its cos i rember when i was little i sued to eat them and it tasted like meat...thats odd cos i never really liked soyaa...

also, although unrelated to noodles try the following

Paman Singh's Torqay Valey Beans!!

:) ))))

Ingredients:

Beans

Haree Mirch

Loon

Mirch

Masala

Piaaj

Tumaatur

Lusun

Olive Oil

First - Get a small pan, shallow one - ideally a stir fry pan.

Layer the bottom of it slightly with olive oil (use olive as its much healthier for you!)

Dice the onions (i use approx 3/4 of an onion), then throw it in to the pan.

Grate the Lussun (around 5 or 6..."grates" should be sufficient!), add this to the pan

Put it on the cooker, and set it lowest heat setting.

Next, chop up the haree mirch finely. Add this to the mix, and stir in well

Then take 2-3 (or more if you like some bite!) tablespoons of mirch and masala powder, and add these, before adding a wee smattering of loon (not too much!)

Once you have done this, stir, and turn the heat up - by this time the piaaj should be beginning to sizzle nicely

Chop up the tumaatur and add to the now delicious mixture. Make sure that the tumaatur is added last, as it is the quickest to burn up and disappear!

Leave this for 45-60 seconds, and then add a tin of Heinz Beans, and stir.

Once this begins to bubble slightly, voila!

Torqay Valey Beans!!!!

LOLL....my mummm makes this all the timeeee i love the way u spelt tomatoe..Tumaatur mde me laugh..

there really niceeee gives it the punajbii edge to beanssss.....

thank you forr uploadinggggg thoughhh much appreciatedd

you asked 4 shahi paneer recipe .its a very rich tasting ,light coloured ,creamy ,delicate almond cashew flavoured sauce with paneer and is considered a mughlai dish . here it is .

you need paneer(ask me if u dont know how to make paneer or where to buy it ready cooked ,ask me)some kala(shahi jeera),cashews,almonds and raisins ,milk and double cream .other ingredients i am going mention you should have them at home .

1)chop the paneer up and lightly fry it for a cple minutes on medium fire and keep aside .

next in a blender blend together about 1 small cup or almonds ,and half cup of cashew nuts and 2 tablespoons of raisins ,some water and blend it together till a paste .keep aside

2)in the karai/cooking pot/kwok add some oil/ghee or olive oil . ,then as it warms up add 5 cardamons ,5 cloves ,3-5 dried red cilies ,3 star anise ,a tablespoon of kala jeera ,1 cinnamon stick.fry for 30 secs

3)now add in chopped or ground white onions ,a tablespooon of garlic puree and a teaspoon of ginger powder or some fresh ginger .fry under medium fire for 2 minutes .now add in 2 teaspoons of white pepper powder and a tablespoon of coriander powder .fry for 2 minutes on gentle fire .this fried mixture should not be dark but very very very slightly golden brown colour

4)now to the fried mixture ,add the almond cahew paste ,half a cup of water ,and stir for about 10 minutes continously . if it gets too thick add some more water .dont let it burn at the bottom .you will see a light creamy sauce developing as u stir .now to that add half a cup of double cream .add salt and 3/4 or 1 tablespoon of sugar .stir gently and taste .

5)finally add in the paneer ,some chopped coriander leaves,stir through .

6) once you take it out to a serving dish ,you can decorate that with some finely chopped coriander leaves and green chilies and even sprinkle on it a few salted cashews and almonds(optional).

this dish goes well with rice and nan.

anymore?hahaaaaa

woowww i thought u wouldnt know how to make it loll ..u should b a cheff u sound very enthusisatic...i normally buy paneer well my mum we used to make it with some cloth and i dnoo but my mum does lol...yeah this recipe do we have to put sultanas cos i really do dislike them...and im quite shockedd that theres cashews and almonds in the paste generally cos when i do have it mostly in india i caan never taste this ingredient...another questionn what iss

star anise is ther a punjabi word for this which i can tell my mumm

thank you so much for the recipeee coss shaee paneer is one of my favouritess and the only time i get to havee it is in resturants and i hardly go to them...thank you much appreciated againn hmm im acutally thinkingg noww is there any other thing iv alwys wanted to know how too cook lol cant thing of anything else..thanks agen

:vaheguru:

you asked 4 shahi paneer recipe .its a very rich tasting ,light coloured ,creamy ,delicate almond cashew flavoured sauce with paneer and is considered a mughlai dish . here it is .

you need paneer(ask me if u dont know how to make paneer or where to buy it ready cooked ,ask me)some kala(shahi jeera),cashews,almonds and raisins ,milk and double cream .other ingredients i am going mention you should have them at home .

1)chop the paneer up and lightly fry it for a cple minutes on medium fire and keep aside .

next in a blender blend together about 1 small cup or almonds ,and half cup of cashew nuts and 2 tablespoons of raisins ,some water and blend it together till a paste .keep aside

2)in the karai/cooking pot/kwok add some oil/ghee or olive oil . ,then as it warms up add 5 cardamons ,5 cloves ,3-5 dried red cilies ,3 star anise ,a tablespoon of kala jeera ,1 cinnamon stick.fry for 30 secs

3)now add in chopped or ground white onions ,a tablespooon of garlic puree and a teaspoon of ginger powder or some fresh ginger .fry under medium fire for 2 minutes .now add in 2 teaspoons of white pepper powder and a tablespoon of coriander powder .fry for 2 minutes on gentle fire .this fried mixture should not be dark but very very very slightly golden brown colour

4)now to the fried mixture ,add the almond cahew paste ,half a cup of water ,and stir for about 10 minutes continously . if it gets too thick add some more water .dont let it burn at the bottom .you will see a light creamy sauce developing as u stir .now to that add half a cup of double cream .add salt and 3/4 or 1 tablespoon of sugar .stir gently and taste .

5)finally add in the paneer ,some chopped coriander leaves,stir through .

6) once you take it out to a serving dish ,you can decorate that with some finely chopped coriander leaves and green chilies and even sprinkle on it a few salted cashews and almonds(optional).

this dish goes well with rice and nan.

anymore?hahaaaaa