What Happened To The Respect?

TruSoul

I always make a point of at least the nod, depending on distance. You’ve probably started to see the odd half-smile-half-commando nod too; I started that. It’s a great feeling when half-smile-half-commando nods confidently sync one right after the other.

I don’t find any Singhs saying “kiddaan”. Given the youth conversation context of those that start with “kiddaan” that I encounter…..I would probably reply to “kiddaan” by saying “my machismo is fine sir, and yours is emanating from your armpits”.

Once in a while, more rare, I’ll get a passing brotherhood nod from a mona and I get caught off guard wondering if should know the person or don’t even realize it was a nod from a punjabi bro till I piece it together as we pass.

I’ll take that bait. What is a “trim singh”? That is so disresepectful of the legacy of our guruji’s. If we must id, “chopped thing” is more fitting. Hopefully no more needs to be said about that.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't find anything from Bhai Gurdas Ji Vaars, but found this:

To Naushahra sangat. Send one tola of gold right away by draft. Have nothing to do with the masands. Whoever comes armed to meet the guru will find happiness. Have fellowship with any Sikh you meet. Do not trouble them, but have love for one another. Feb 6th 1702.

- Hukamanma from Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Great thread, finally some pyaar :D . What's the verdict on shouting Fatehs at "trim Singhs"? lol

looool u shuld try that... :D i did it once at a park where i was playin football... lol i swear all i culd hear afterwards when he was tlkin 2 his mate was something along the lines of "millitant, teenage n acting like a badman with his (n check this out) 'knife'"

looool it was fun though :D

Yeah I tried it today lol, I saw a youngish Sardar across the street by the ATM and I put both those hands up together in the air followed by a frantic wave, totally ignored lol. And then, about 15mins later he walks into the cafeteria where I'm just sitting with my friends whilst they eat, and I give a big smile and he ignored that as well! LOL, Challo nevermind.

Erm a "trim singh" is like a slang term for a man with a turban/patka who cuts his beard. I did not wish to cause offence with that, apologies if I did, it's just what they're commenly referred to as.

He probably would have collapsed with embarassment I think, as he was with his entourage. But yeah, maybe next time I see a Singh on campus I'll try a bear hug lol and then in the shocked silence roar out a Fateh and ask CHARDIKALAA VEER JEEE!!!!??? We'll see what happens, and I'll report the results haha lol

Erm a "trim singh" is like a slang term for a man with a turban/patka who cuts his beard. I did not wish to cause offence with that, apologies if I did, it's just what they're commenly referred to as.

I am aware of the term. Thank you for your humility Jsu and my apologies if I made it seem like you caused offence. The term itself is offensive. It is frustrating that such a blatant oxymoron would become a common slang.

"oxymoron" lol i love tht word! :lol:

Me too - it reminds me of school days when everything in shakesphere was oxymoron!