Words..

Guest thing1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think racist is the wrong word....you mean prejudiced. I used to get called turbanator.....and apple head!!

Anyways speak to ure headteacher. Tell them the names and he will chat to them. All they will do is hate you but they cannot call u names because the headteacher has said if you tell him they have said anything, no matter how small, he will expel them on the spot and they won't get GCSE's, he won't give them a reference and he will make sure no school accepts them and the police will be told as its verbal assault etc.. So tell ure head teacher. Make sure he scares them properly!

And its actually really good when this happens....as they stay out of ure way. They will hate you and you know that but who cares - they cannot do anything and its not like you wanted to be their friend!

And later on at uni and when you go to work people are really nice. I only ever got bullied at school. I found that if I worked hard in my exams and got to a good uni everyone loved me. I think its because you finally get to meet intelligent people whereas as school you still have the dumb people around.

And to show this a Gora asked me to pronounce my name in the proper punjabi accent and told me off for saying it in the English way! It was so funny but once you meet clever people they are really open minded and interested in new cultures. So my advice is to carry on going, tell ure teacher and one day you'll leave the dumb people behind!

It is wrong to assume a school / head teacher will expel a student on the spot for racism. It depends on the school rules. It is possible that a student can racially abuse students (repeatedly) and remain in the school.

The dfes does say a student can be excluded (permanently) for racial abuse but most schools (in London) do not. This could be for several reasons, see the examples below:

- if a student has a SEN (special educational need) the racial abuse could be dismissed as SEN students generally learn at a much slower pace then other students.

- if a school is all inclusive, everything will be done to keep a special needs student in the school as it is likely that the school will be receiving additional money to accommodate the student (although this money is often spent elsewhere in the school)

- If a student is has SEN and there is no other support staff in the class, or if they are alone on break it is likely that the racial incident will be dismissed as the SEN student did not have any support staff with them. In this case the school would have failed the student.

- Schools also do not like to permanently exclude students who are predicted ‘good’ grades.

- If a student does not have special educational needs, most schools would not suspend the student (temporarily or permanently) as all racial incidents should be reported to the Local Education Authority. Schools do not like to report incidents of racial nature to the LEA as the school would get a bad reputation.

If you feel you are a victim of racial abuse in school, report it to the school tell them you would like confirmation that the racial incident has been reported to the LEA. If the school says the incident is not severe enough to be reported, then take the matter into your own hands and report it to your LEA yourself. ALL racial incidents should be reported as racial incidents in schools can often reflect problems in the wider community.

In any case all exclusions need to be in accordance with national guidelines (set by the dfes) and local guidelines (set by your local LEA). Following this, permanent exclusions have to have the support of the school and is then the school governors will make a decision.

Often there needs to be a pattern of racial / abusive / disruptive behaviour in order for a school to take action. It is a good idea to keep a record of dates, times and get teachers ask some witnesses (if any) to write statements.

The above is the procedure for schools. Colleges operate differently. In college your all considered adults, however students can still be suspended for racial comments however this is extremely unlikely particularly if the college is all inclusive (ie the school has mentally or physically challenged students).

As for your sikhi, I agree with every one else, do loads of jaap sahib and chaupai sahib.