The Racial Abuse Thread

Paneer Monster

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Please use this thread to share with the rest of the sadhsangat any racial abuse you have experienced. Please use the layout provided.

Date (use approximation if you do not know the exact date)

Gender and Age:

Location (country, city, setting)

Incident (what happened before, during and after the incident. Was there any one else present? What did they do? How did you feel? What did you do? Did this have any affect on your life? Did you report the incident? If so to whom?)

I’ll go first:

Date:

Throughout secondary school education around 10 years ago

Gender and Age:

Male, age 11-16

UK, London, Secondary School

Incident:

I attend a school in central London which was about 80-90% Islamic students. the students would often taunt me about being a sikh, insults to our guru sahibs was frequent. Teachers did little to help. Neither my family or I had much sikhi knowledge, we would go to gurdwara once a year on diwali and we would have sikhi photos in our home, karae on our wrists but that’s as far as Sikhi was in our home. On one occasion I was really fed up and I insulted Islam to the max (against my mums wishes)… after school my friends deserted me and I was ‘rushed’. My mum had reported the incident to the head who had taken the incident very seriously, there was no exclusions but many students were given school detentions. following this I had many fights with students on an individual basis… most were race related. My mum had brought me a huge kara to use as a knuckle duster which had served me well. On approaching Y10 my head of year had taken out the class register and asked me to point out a child who I had not yet had a fight with since being in the school. I was only able to identify one child (who was a black Christian student from france). The rest were all Pakistani / Bangladeshi boys… most of whom did not even look human but that is besides the point. I explained to my head of year that they have a problem with me because I am a Sikh. I would also find literature in my bag / school books informing me how I could convert to islam. anyway as a result of our meeting the head of year had moved me into another class which was much more mixed. I was very happy. Although Muslims made the majority of the class, the class was considerably mixed compared to the others. In years 10 and 11 I had no fights and I had achieved 2 A’s 7 B’s and 1 C at GCSE. Moral of the story: if you are a Sikh, avoid living in / attending a school with a Muslim majority as that will hinder your chances of reaching your full potential. You should also make sure you educate yourself and your family about the glowing jewel of Sikhi.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in a city with a huge north African wannabe gangster Muslim population...

Muslims form second biggest religion in my school, after Christianity...

Here its not much Pakis, but more against wannabe gangster north African Muslims (as they form the biggest minority in Belgium)... (there are two districts in Brussels, that are allmost MUSLIM only... both are kinda 80-90 % Muslim, a Sikh living there with kesh wouldnt live for long...)

Mod Note: Athough the idea of this thread is good, lets try not to express too much negitivity, violence or hatred towards others. How about we vhange the spin of it? Something along the lines of "How did you overcome racial abuse"? Baring in mind we have young children on this forum also, lets try and explore and communicate the positive side of such situations. Also there is the danger of this thread turning into a faith "bashing" match. So please folks, keep it clean and chardi kalah! :)

I was 22 Playing football when I fouled a white male to get the ball, he fell to the floor when he got up he called me a f-in paki. I smiled and replied back saying im not a paki im a british sikh. His face started to get red with anger cus i was smiling. he said it again u f-in smelly paki. i again said im not im a sikh. then he said same thing. I called him a jew ( i knew he was not a jew cus he had a cross on) he got angry and said im not a jew. i smiled at him and said same thing. at this point he felt ashamed and walked off.

normally i would of hit the guy but on that day i said to myself no