MONAY "sehajdhari" sikhs

Simran9

Refer to the book Rehitnaame by Bhai Pyara Singh Padam. I can look for the page number and post it later on if someone wants it. There's another similar hukam which goes like this:

"Jo Sikh Sehajdhari Hoekey Chehre de room luhae, So BHEE Tankhaahea"

We had a smiliar discussion here a while back, but it didn't really go far... Here's the link anyway: http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=ST&f=2&t=368

i think i've heard of kesdharee sikhs as well. if this is a real category....so who would fall into this group?

I thought it would be clear by now that it's important for ALL Sikhs to keep kesh. The term 'Keshadhari Sikh' refers to those Sikhs who don't cut hair. But it's been proven (I hope) that all Sikhs are supposed to keep unshorn hair. I'm not a scholar but it wouldn't be wrong to guess that some org. like RSS came up with it to do some anti-Sikhi parchaar.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had the same concerns as Japman.

It seemed like baba jee was lowering the status of women.

THE FOLLOWING WAS TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

Author: no one

Date: 04-27-04 13:04

That's a great message, although it would be a lot better if we could have heard it in punjabi.

To be honest, I don't understand the point where Baba Jee talks about women. He's almost lowering the status of bibia, saying to the men "if you don't want to be like women, then keep your hair."

Baba Jee was an amazing Sikh and very charismatic, but I don't understand it when people say things like that. Women have hair too, many women have hair on their chins, most women have hair on their upper lips and all over their faces. It's just that so many Amritdharee bibia get permanent hair removal before taking Amrit, so we think that they're hairless. All the bibis we see in the media also spend thousands of dollars on hair removal.

So we think that women have no hair, but they do.

The majority of girls are born with hair on their faces, and all over their bodies. Men do not know this, because of the media, and because almost all women bleach or remove their hair. Many Amritdharee women have bleached hair too.

>>it's up to you if you want to stay a man or become like women.<<

Saying things like this can make bibia feel incompetent and as if they're not good enough. It lowers the status of bibis. I disagree with it.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

i had the same concerns as Japman.

It seemed like baba jee was lowering the status of women.

THE FOLLOWING WAS TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM:

Author: no one

Date: 04-27-04 13:04

That's a great message, although it would be a lot better if we could have heard it in punjabi.

To be honest, I don't understand the point where Baba Jee talks about women. He's almost lowering the status of bibia, saying to the men "if you don't want to be like women, then keep your hair."

Saying things like this can make bibia feel incompetent and as if they're not good enough. It lowers the status of bibis. I disagree with it.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

NIce post Nirgun veerji, i fully agree wit u!

^_^

i think i've heard of kesdharee sikhs as well. if this is a real category....so who would fall into this group?

I thought it would be clear by now that it's important for ALL Sikhs to keep kesh. The term 'Keshadhari Sikh' refers to those Sikhs who don't cut hair.

uuummmmmm :@ then isn't keshdaree same as sehajdharee?

bare with me folks, i'm just trying to learn :):

Amrittharis can also be counted as Keshadhari because this is what 'we' are... Again, Keshadhari refers to one who keeps his/her hair unshorn and since all Sikhs are required to do this, all Sikhs can be reffered to as Keshadhari.

I'm not sure of the origins of the term Keshadhari in Sikhi. I don't remember coming across any rehitnaama or hukamnaama (ofcouse, I haven't read everything, actually I don't know anything anyway) mentioning this term. Some people (RSS) use this term to prove that Sikhs are 'Keshadhari' Hindus...

I mean, why would there be a need for our Guru Sahibs or Gurmat martands to invent this term - Keshadhari Sikh, when all Sikhs are to keep hair? :umm: