MONAY "sehajdhari" sikhs

Simran9

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think what he meant by becoming women is that women dont have beards and when a guy shaves his beard off that means he does not want to be a man, he is not happy being a man, therefore he is trying to look like women by shaving off his beard. And becoming a women means is that just pray to God to make you women so that you don't have to take the effort to shave ur beard. Its not putting women down in any way. :umm:

I have question. Who invented the term "Sehajdhari Sikh"? A Bhai Sahib in our Gurdwara said that Guru Gobind Singh Ji called them sehajdhari sikhs who cut their hairs. I had hard time believing it, cuz if that is true, then that means Guru Gobind Singh Ji created two types of Sikhs, kesadhari and sehajdhari, which is not true. Does someone know anything about this. i'm confused. :umm:

Guru Gobind Singh Ji did not create any type of Sikhs, but he manifested the final suroop of the Sikhs. The word Sehajdhari has been used in rehitnaame and by reading them you will see that it does NOT refer to those Sikhs who have got their hair cut. It actually refers to those people who keep kesh and are Sikhs, but just haven't taken amrit yet. As we all know, Guru Gobind Singh Ji never forced anyone to take Khande baate ki pahul. People only took amrit because of their love for Guru Ji. But there must have been some people who lived in far places, or weren't yet ready to take amrit, and these Sikhs were called Sehajdharis. It is clear from Hukamnaama like the one sent to Kabul that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's khusi/happiness is only on those who have taken Khande-baate-ki-phaul.

sehajdhari is for those who are working towards amrit actively and intend to take it in the near future. An example of a sehajdhari sikh on this board would be rochak or gabroo.

thanks MKhaksa bhaiji, but my question is still unanswered: Does it also include people who cut their hair?

sehajdhari is for those who are working towards amrit actively and intend to take it in the near future. An example of a sehajdhari sikh on this board would be rochak or gabroo.

thanks MKhaksa bhaiji, but my question is still unanswered: Does it also include people who cut their hair?

no, this 'category' does not include those with a hair-cut.

"Gur Ka Sikh Sehajdhari, Bhadan Na Karaaey" - Tankhahnaama Bhai Chuapa Singh Ji. Bhadan means to get a hair cut.

no, this 'category' does not include those with a hair-cut.

"Gur Ka Sikh Sehajdhari, Bhadan Na Karaaey" - Tankhahnaama Bhai Chuapa Singh Ji. Bhadan means to get a hair cut.

Thanks alot Son of Guru Gobind Singh Ji for clearing all my doubts. Now I can talk to the Bhai Sahib in our local Gurdwara :umm: . if possible, do you have a copy of that rehatnama or is there any place i can get the original copy of this rehatnama....

thanks...