Akali Nihang Baba Sahib Singh Ji "kaladhari"

Koi

noticed some major errors in this thread:

1) the word sanatan means puratan/anadi .......it has nothing to do with the word Hindu(ism).....so therefore dont relate this word with being hindu etc............in the context of sikhism the word sanatan has many meanings that are very complex, mostly dealing with spirituality and introspective concepts.

2) the word sanatan does not mean traditional as niddar tries to use it inorder to justify his own ideology of 4 panths within sikhism etc.

3) there is nothing wrong with using the word sanatan for sant mahapurkhs........for more info look at Baghat Kabir's shabad where he refers himself to be sanatan.

Fateh Ji,

1/ Guru Nanak Sahib ji founded Sikhism

2/ There is the Rehat that defines who is a Sikh and Khalsa.

3/ After chakoing Amrit one becomes a Khalsa and not a Nihang

4/ Nihangs sadly have formulated their own Rehat

Sanatan Sikhism has a Hindu hue without a doubt. And this is the reason they try to pre-date Sikhism to before Guru Nanak Sahib Ji. They also give the Dasam Granth and Sarab Loh Granth the same status as Guru Granth Sahib ji, which is against Sikh tenets. Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the status of Guru to Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

They mistranslate Dasam Granth and Sarab Loh Granth to butteress their claims.

They talk of Sanathan Dharam and also on the Website there is a photograph of a Nihang doing 'ghota' and under the photograph its mentioned : 'Akali Nihang Singh engaged in making Ragra (process of making Shaheedi Degh) with is a protein drink laced with cannabis.' As per Sikh Rehat consumption of cannabis is banned.

Just take a trip to Haridwar and you'll see a horde of Sadhus smoking and drinking cannabis. Ask them why they do this and they say it brings them closer to God. During Holi too people consume what Nihangs call Ragra and one gets to witness unruly behavior.

I'm sorry I do not agree with this blending of Sikhism with Hinduism as its just duality. And Sikhism is against duality.

Guru Rakha

ps. In Sukhmani Sahib Guru Ji defines a Brahmagyani

You have totally gone off on a tangent.

1 - Has anyone said that Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj didn't reveal Sikhi(As SikhISM is a Christian terminology, as they see it as a study, as in anything with ISM on the end, so would this mean you are a christian, using your same logic??) to the world?

2 - So you imply that Nihangs are not Khalsa? Please rememeber all Sikhs were Khalsa, as to become a SIkh of the Guru you had to take Amrit.

3 - Can you please tell me the difference?

4 - How?!

If you don't agree with that website, don't go on it! I don't like it, so I stay away.

I'm gonna start a whole thread on Sri Guru Dasam Granth Sahib, but do you agree Bani Guru, Guru Hai Bani?

Why go to Haridwar? Let the Sadhus do as they do.

In regards to your P.S., Sri Sukhmani Sahib does define who a Brahmgiani is...your point?

You really need to take a chill pill yaar

Vikramjit Singh Ji,

All your views expressed so far are based on 1 website. That site has alot of mistakes/lies so you should do your own research as well. As you know, any gadha can make a website and write what he wants.

There are sites like www.nihangsingh.org that are far more accurate.

Fateh Ji,

Anyone who contravenes the Rehat has to be held accountable.

Sikh Rehat prohibits consumption of cannabis. Sikh Rehat says that only Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is the Guru.

In Sikhism it is all or nothing. One cannot have the Baana and ignore other Rehats as one cannot obey other Rehats and not keep Bana.

Our Gurus did not consume cannibas before giving supreme sacrifices or will doing Bhakti, so why do Nihangs need this.

Guru Rakha

Fateh Ji.

See please do not get me wrong, I'm not saying Nihang Singhs are not Sikhs. The same rule that applies to Khalsa applies to Nihangs too. Can a Khalsa consume cannibas and call himself a Khalsa? Not a chance. Doesn't this rule apply to Nihangs too.

I feel the Rehat that has been prescribed by Guru Panth stands the test of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I for one do not doubt a word written in Dasam Granth or Sarabh Loh Granth. Its my Guruji's Bani and I go waari on this Bani with my life. But for me Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is Supreme.

Guru Rakha

The Nihangs did not ever create their own Rehit, it was given to them in 1699 by Guru Gobind Singh himself when it was officially formailized and it has been kept by them unchanged since that time.

The same maryada has been practised at Hazur Sahib since 1708--unchanged even now.

This SGPC rehit was initiated only in the 1920's and was not officialized until the 1940's and at best it is an arbitrarily editied version of the original rehit expounded above and from the very rehitnamas it critiques, and thus it has no binding on anyone, would you care to explain why the Nihang Rehit was practised at Akal Takht and Darbar Sahib from the times of the Gurus until the 1900's?

Read Suraj Prakash Granth, Prachin Panth Prakash and Navleen Panth Prakash--they clearly state that Nihang Singhs are the original form of the Khalsa.

The Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa Panth gave the Gurugaddi to Sri Sarbloh Granth ji and Sri Dasam Guru Darbar ji in 1708--as was their right and obligation being that they are the highest authority in Sikhism vested by the Guru himself as upholders of his divine seat.

Suraj Prakash Granth clearly states that Sukhnidhaan was bestowed on the Khalsa Panth by Guruji himself, all of our great historical leaders that we love to praise like Nawab Kapur Singh Virk etc, partook of it, and as I said the SGPC rehit has no binding on the Sikh community except those who choose to follow it, the Guru never created any Commitees to handle Sikh Leadership affairs, though the British did.

The Nihangs did not ever create their own Rehit, it was given to them in 1699 by Guru Gobind Singh himself when it was officially formailized and it has been kept by them unchanged since that time.

The same maryada has been practised at Hazur Sahib since 1708--unchanged even now.

This SGPC rehit was initiated only in the 1920's and was not officialized until the 1940's and at best it is an arbitrarily editied version of the original rehit expounded above and from the very rehitnamas it critiques, and thus it has no binding on anyone, would you care to explain why the Nihang Rehit was practised at Akal Takht and Darbar Sahib from the times of the Gurus until the 1900's?

Read Suraj Prakash Granth, Prachin Panth Prakash and Navleen Panth Prakash--they clearly state that Nihang Singhs are the original form of the Khalsa.

The Akali Nihang Singh Khalsa Panth gave the Gurugaddi to Sri Sarbloh Granth ji and Sri Dasam Guru Darbar ji in 1708--as was their right and obligation being that they are the highest authority in Sikhism vested by the Guru himself as upholders of his divine seat.

Suraj Prakash Granth clearly states that Sukhnidhaan was bestowed on the Khalsa Panth by Guruji himself, all of our great historical leaders that we love to praise like Nawab Kapur Singh Virk etc, partook of it, and as I said the SGPC rehit has no binding on the Sikh community except those who choose to follow it, the Guru never created any Commitees to handle Sikh Leadership affairs, though the British did.

Fateh Ji,

I'm sorry I have to disagree because Guru Gobind Singh ji gave the Gaddi to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Blaming the Brits is just an eyewash. Sikhs and Khalsa follow the Rehat prescribed by Guru Panth. Rehat is not a law that's binding ... its abidance is out of devoutnes and not force. I'm indeed surprised by the term 'binding'.

And please do not blame Sikhism for the actions of vested interests and poltics.

Guru Rakha

Vikrramjit Singh you have alot of hate in your heart, personally carry on disrespecting Nihangs and our maryada because i don't care what you, or any other haters of Nihangs have to say. The Nihangs worship all Bani as Akaal Purkh Vaheguru's Roop, Nihangs have been blessed with this seva full stop.

Its funny how Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib and Sachkand Sri Patna Sahib follow the exaxt same maryada as Nihangs. :gg:

Your one eyed vision of Sikhism and the looking down at Nihangs

and the puratan maryade of the Khalsa is a sin that lie's on your head full stop.

When maharaaj blessed 5 Singhs to put on the Nirmala Bana (Pagmey) and to take off their shastr to go and learn Sanskret from the Brahmans, they took off their Shastr and kept nirmala ves to this day? Was Maharaaj wrong in telling them to do this ? NO because thats the seva the Nirmala have been blessed with in their sampardai!

You talk about brahmgianis in Sukhmani Sahib, was Baba Nand Singh wrong for not wearing Shastr Kirpaan? No because thats Nanaksar maryada to just do Bhakti.

At the end of the day you can say what you want about Nihangs and the maryada but for eternity the Nihangs will remain.

You know nothing about our History and you know nothing about Nihangs, youv'e just read 1 mans personal views on Nihangs on a website, your'e a scholor on Nihangs now well done! :WW:

Regarding Sukha, its a use and abuse issue which is down to the person to follow correctley.

I personally don't care about what you have to say about Nihangs because History does not lie, if you hate them so much go to Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib there are plenty of Nihangs there go and tell them to their face that they are wrong!! :D

Akaal.

Vikrramjit Singh you have alot of hate in your heart, personally carry on disrespecting Nihangs and our maryada because i don't care what you, or any other haters of Nihangs have to say. The Nihangs worship all Bani as Akaal Purkh Vaheguru's Roop, Nihangs have been blessed with this seva full stop.

Its funny how Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib and Sachkand Sri Patna Sahib follow the exaxt same maryada as Nihangs. :gg:

Your one eyed vision of Sikhism and the looking down at Nihangs

and the puratan maryade of the Khalsa is a sin that lie's on your head full stop.

When maharaaj blessed 5 Singhs to put on the Nirmala Bana (Pagmey) and to take off their shastr to go and learn Sanskret from the Brahmans, they took off their Shastr and kept nirmala ves to this day? Was Maharaaj wrong in telling them to do this ? NO because thats the seva the Nirmala have been blessed with in their sampardai!

You talk about brahmgianis in Sukhmani Sahib, was Baba Nand Singh wrong for not wearing Shastr Kirpaan? No because thats Nanaksar maryada to just do Bhakti.

At the end of the day you can say what you want about Nihangs and the maryada but for eternity the Nihangs will remain.

You know nothing about our History and you know nothing about Nihangs, youv'e just read 1 mans personal views on Nihangs on a website, your'e a scholor on Nihangs now well done! :WW:

Regarding Sukha, its a use and abuse issue which is down to the person to follow correctley.

I personally don't care about what you have to say about Nihangs because History does not lie, if you hate them so much go to Sachkand Sri Hazoor Sahib there are plenty of Nihangs there go and tell them to their face that they are wrong!! :D

Akaal.

Fateh Ji,

After the recent celebrations in Sach Khand Sri Hazur Sahib there has been a call for bringing the Maryada in Sach Khand Sri Hazur Sahib in line with the Maryada in other Takhts.

What about the Maryada in Darbar Sahib? Isn't Darbar Sahib the holiest of holy shrines of Sikhs?

I would request you to study History.

By just changing the name does not mean its affect changes or it gets sanctified. Cannibas is banned in Sikhism. And Society too consders Cannibas as wrong.

I don't beleive in using Gurbani to insult anyone. And I do care for every Sikh (Nihangs are Sikhs too).

Guru Rakha