Woah.. This Is Wrong

S1ngh

I know artist never painted below with bad intention but i don't think its right to put our guru sahibs painting in angry format because i believe that all of our guru sahibs stayed calm through out their life?

orignalgb.jpg

Guru Gobind Singh Ji in battle

SDC10303.JPG

oil painting - Guru Gobind Singh Ji & the emperor Aurangzeb

This was posted on Sikhnet website: http://www.sikhnet.com/news/uncommon-art

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree but however deep in my mind i always imagine and think that our guru sahibs controlled everything.. They were on top of everything with humble heart. The way i see is that anger comes on human face only when human are not capable of controlling one of the five evils (Krodh). Maybe its just me that i can't picture guru sahibs in anger because one of basic foundation of sikhi is to control krodh.

Hunji S1ngh Veer ji i know exactly what you mean. I found a pic a while back on sihknet of Dasmesh Pita and He looked really angry with a Teer in His Hand. I also imagened them to remain Chardi Kala all the time. But pictures are just pathetic attemps by us as human beings to try and imagine and create an image of what the Gurus looked like. For all we know Guru Gobind Singh could have had a Dhaara down to His Knees. But i guess we'll have to find that one out when we reach Sachkand. This is what Guru Gobind Singh Ji really looks like....

srb kwl sB swD aubwry ] duKu dY kY doKI sB mwry ]

sarab kaal sabh saadhh oubaarae || dhukh dhai kai dhokhee sabh maarae ||

The Universal Destroyer has always protected all the saints. Having inflicted merciless torments on the wicked persons, He has destroyed them all.

AdBuiq giq Bgqn idKrweI ] sB sMkt qy ley bcweI ]1]

adhabhuth gath bhagathan dhikharaaee || sabh sa(n)katt thae leae bachaaee ||1||

He manifested His wonderful feats to the Saints. He saved them from all predicaments. (1)

sB sMkt qy sMq bcwey ] sB kMtk kMtk ijm Gwey ]

sabh sa(n)katt thae sa(n)th bachaaeae || sabh ka(n)ttak ka(n)ttak jim ghaaeae ||

The Lord has protected the Saints from all calamities. All the tormentors were destroyed by Him like the removal of thorns.

dws jwn muih krI shwie ] Awp hwQ dY lXo bcwie ] 2]

dhaas jaan muhi karee sehaae || aap haathh dhai layo bachaae || 2||

Considering me as His servant, He has come to my rescue. He has protected me with His own hands.(2)

Ab jo jo mYN lKy qmwsw ] so so kro qumY Ardwsw ]

ab jo jo mai(n) lakhae thamaasaa || so so karo thumai aradhaasaa ||

All the marvels that I have witnessed, Now I make a humble expression of the same wonders before You!

jo pRB ikrpw ktwC idKYhY ] so qv dws aucwrq jYhY ] 3]

jo prabh kirapaa kattaashh dhikhaihai || so thav dhaas ouchaarath jaihai || 3||

O Lord! Whatever you have shown me by casting your merciful glance at me, I, Your servant, shall utter the same.(3)

ijh ijh ibD mY lKy qmwsw ] cwhq iqn ko kIXo pRkwsw ]

jih jih bidhh mai lakhae thamaasaa || chaahath thin ko keeyo prakaasaa ||

The methodology by which I have seen Your spectacles, I want to elucidate the same marvels.

jo jo jnm pUrbly hyry ] kihho su pRBu prwkRm qyry ] 4]

jo jo janam poorabalae haerae || kehiho s prabh paraakram thaerae || 4||

All the pristine lives I have visualized, I shall narrate those by virtue of Your vigour.(4)

srb kwl hY ipqw Apwrw ] dyib kwilkw mwq hmwrw ]

sarab kaal hai pithaa apaaraa || dhaeb kaalikaa maath hamaaraa ||

The infinite Universal Destroyer (The Lord) is our father. The Might of the Almighty (the goddess Kalika) is our mother.

mnUAw gur muir mnsw mweI ] ijn mo ko suB ikRAw pVHweI ] 5]

manooaa gur mur manasaa maaee || jin mo ko subh kriaa parrhaaee || 5||

The pure mind is my Guru and the pure intention (the faculty of inner self) is my female Guru (my mother). They have inculcated me with auspicious actions.(5)

jb mnsw mn mXw ibcwrI ] gur mnUAw kh kihXo suDwrI ]

jab manasaa man mayaa bichaaree || gur manooaa keh kehiyo sudhhaaree ||

When the intention (the bright intellect) was very kindly infused in my mind (i.e. me). Then as instructed by the Guru-mind, I shall articulate all the fables properly.

jy jy cirq purwqn lhy ] qy qy Ab chIAq hY khy ] 6]

jae jae charith puraathan lehae || thae thae ab cheheeath hai kehae || 6||

Those deeds and exploits of the ancient progenitors which I have comprehended, I want to narrate now about them.(6)

srb kwl krxw qb Bry ] syvk jwn dXw rs Fry ]

sarab kaal karanaa thab bharae || saevak jaan dhayaa ras dtarae ||

Then the Supreme Lord was filled with compassion for me, And considering me as His servant, he entered in the realm of beneficence.

jo jo jnm pUrblo BXo ] so so sB ismrx kr dXo ] 7]

jo jo janam poorabalo bhayo || so so sabh simaran kar dhayo || 7||

All the Incarnations who had taken birth in the previous ages, The Lord induced me to remember all of them.(7)

mo kO ieqI huqI kh su~DM ] js pRB deI ikRpw kir bu~DM ]

mo ka eithee huthee keh sudhha(n) || jas prabh dhee kripaa kar budhha(n) ||

How could I have such an insight? The Lord kindly bestowed such intellect on me.

srb kwl qb Bey dieAwlw ] loh rC hm ko sb kwlw ] 8]

sarab kaal thab bheae dhaeiaalaa || loh rashh ham ko sab kaalaa || 8||

Then the Lord became Mercifu1. The Lord provided me the Protection of the Steel (weapons) at all times.(8)

srb kwl r~Cw sb kwl ] loh r~C srbdw ibswl ]

sarab kaal raashhaa sab kaal || loh raashh sarabadhaa bisaal ||

At all times the Universal Destroyer has protected me. The Refuge of the weapons (The sword) is paramount at all times everywhere.

FIT BXo qv ikRpw lKweI ] AYNfo iPro sBn BXo rweI ] 9]

dteet(h) bhayo thav kripaa lakhaaee || ai(n)addo firo sabhan bhayo raaee || 9||

Having realized Your beneficence, I became fearless. I move about full of airs and graces and consider myself as the King of all.(9)

ijh ijh ibD jnmn suiD AweI ] iqm iqm khy igrMQ bnweI ]

jih jih bidhh janaman sudhh aaee || thim thim kehae gira(n)thh banaaee ||

The way in which I reminisced about the births of the Incarnations, Likewise, having narrated them, I have recorded them in books.

pRQmy siqjug ijh ibiD lhw ] pRQmy dyib cirqR ko khw ] 10]

prathhamae sathijug jih bidhh lehaa || prathhamae dhaeb charithr ko kehaa || 10||

The method in which I came to know about Satyuga (The first age) in the beginning. I have narrated, first of all, in the biography of the goddess (The Great Might).(10)

pihly cMfI cirqR bnwXo ] nK isK qy kRm BwK sunwXo ]

pehilae cha(n)ddee charithr banaayo || nakh sikh thae kram bhaakh sunaayo ||

First I composed the epic Life Story of Chandi (goddess Durga who killed the demon Chand) I have made her adventures known in strict order from top to toe.

Cor kQw qb pRQm sunweI ] Ab cwhq iPir kroN bfweI ] 11]

shhor kathhaa thab prathham sunaaee || ab chaahath fir karo(n) baddaaee || 11||

In the beginning, I have narrated the primordial legend. Now I want again to sing the praises.(11)

ieiq sRI bicqR nwtk gMRQy srb kwl kI bynqI brnnM nwm cOdsmo iDAwie smwpqm squ suBmsqu ] 14]APjU] 471]

eith sree bachithr naattak ga(n)rathhae sarab kaal kee baenathee baranana(n) naam chaadhasamo dhhiaae samaapatham sath subhaumasath || 14||afajoo|| 471||

It's all about the Bani. The RSS painted a picture of Guru Nanak Dev Ji tying a rakhri on His Sister, but just because someone drew doesnt mean its true. For all we know someone could drawn a picture of Guru Nanak Dev Ji on a Playstation.

Bhai_Gurbir_Singh___Dhan_Guru_Gobind_Singh_Sahib.mp3