Miss Pooja - Boycott?

+Singh_is_King+

I agree with most of the posts and I also recognise that many of the Gursikhs on this forum are not interested in bhangra music and many probably dont even know who Miss Pooja is (which I think is actually a good thing lol)

However, if we look at the wider Punjabi community, many of them are both Miss Pooja fans whilst being sympathisers of the Sikh Cause as well. My question is, do many of her Sikh fans know that she is actually a Nirankari? If they dont know should they know? Finally, if they do know should she be boycotted?

Thanks for your views doctor_mani. Could please explain why you think she is a legend and dont care if she is a Nirankari.

I thought that the Akal Takhat Sahib had passed a Gurmatta stating that Sikhs could not support or associate with Nirankaris after the Nirankari Guru sat with his feet on SGGS ji and his men killed 13 protesting Sikhs in 1978. My understanding is that Nirankaris are enemies of the Sikhs regardless of the fact that they may be 'legendary' singers or otherwise.

Singhavelli and Singhson are right - the original post has got it wrong. The song 'bigs up' the pagh, not the other way round.....

I personally don't listen to bhangra these days but listening to a song is not 'associating' with that person.

It's a minor issue - who in their right mind would be influenced by a singer?

Dont have concrete evidence but:

http://miss-pooja.blogspot.com/ gives a biography and states that she is from a nirankari family.

She released the following album: Avtar Bani(2006) - Miss Pooja & Arvind Kumar. (Nirankari religious songs)

as seen in her discography: http://miss-pooja.blogspot.com/2008/06/mis...ography_15.html

If anyone can provide evidence to the contrary, then please come forward

i think her musics wicked, havent heard any of her nirankari music or whatever it is, obviously im a monah so my opinion doesnt count, but for the record in terms of just bhangr music, shes bringing the desi stuff back into the youth more than this mc and new age stuff. in reference to this post as a whole, you should boycott BHANGRA as a whole, not just miss pooja, cause BHANGRA as a whole is anti-sikhi is it not?? why dont you change the title of the thread, you look like fools just arguing about miss pooja when the bigger anti gurmat picture is bhangra as a whole..