Inter-faith Marriage Allowed At A Coventry Gurdwara

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

I was at someone's house and saw a wedding card. I read the wedding card and it was for a "Sikh" girl marrying a Christian Gora.

According to what was written on the card... the wedding is taking place Sunday 24th May 2009 at "Ramgarhia Gurdwara Sikh Temple, 1103 Foleshill Road, Coventry, CV6 6EP".

To what I understand a Hukamnama has been issued that inter-faith marriages are not to be allowed by any Gurdwara and that in a meeting last year or something Gurdwaras across England agreed to follow the Hukamnama and not allow marriages with people of other faiths who don't believe Maharaaj and some don't even believe in God!

Is there a group who deals with these concerns?

Why are you even concerned with this issue? If those two wish to get married in a traditional Sikh wedding ceremony or decide to throw themselves in front of a moving train then it should not concern you so let them live in their life they way they want to live it. Personally I don't think this "Gora Christian" should have to become a bearded turbaned Sikh in order to marry her.

so get a life and worry about about your problems :@:@:@:@:@:@:@

I was at someone's house and saw a wedding card. I read the wedding card and it was for a "Sikh" girl marrying a Christian Gora.

According to what was written on the card... the wedding is taking place Sunday 24th May 2009 at "Ramgarhia Gurdwara Sikh Temple, 1103 Foleshill Road, Coventry, CV6 6EP".

To what I understand a Hukamnama has been issued that inter-faith marriages are not to be allowed by any Gurdwara and that in a meeting last year or something Gurdwaras across England agreed to follow the Hukamnama and not allow marriages with people of other faiths who don't believe Maharaaj and some don't even believe in God!

Is there a group who deals with these concerns?

Guest Guest

same happened with the ramgahria Gurdwara in Birmingham, i think it was last year they let a Sikh marry a Muslim. There was alot of controversy!

This is obviously stupid, then the Anand Karaj just becomes nothing!

In our Gurdwara there are often mixed Weddings as well, but as far as i noticed, after the Marraige there is a Hukamnama to get a letter to change the name.

All the Hindus are agreed with this. I remember last time a Sikh boy and a Hindu Family, which is very connected with Gurdwara Sahib doing a lot of sewa. Her daughter get adviced from Granthi, after wedding, that never pray to any Devi Devta only to Akal Purkh.... and so on...

And then they took a Hukamnama to change her name...

I guess it's allright if both wanna get together, some of them have to do the Udam more or less

bloody hell, what a joke. seriously, they do this to take the piss. who here would get married in a church? we are no longer sikhs, but the b*stardised offspring of all the other world religions. our gurudwaras in this country look like church/mosque hybrids. we act like those of other religions. this is beyond a joke. if you want to get married in a gurudwara, become a sikh. end of. does anyone know who allows this in gurdwaras?

The whole point of religious Sikh marriage ceremony is the union of 2 Sikhs with blessings of Guru Ji if only one of the partner if Sikh then the families are disrespecting the faith and the presence of Guru ji thus offending the whole Sikh community.

IF a Sikh girl or guy wants to marry a white athiest or christian man/woman then he/she should renounce their faith and marry in church because they are no longer a Sikh why insult the presence of Guru ji and making a mockery of the Sikh marriage ceremony.