Inter-faith Marriage Allowed At A Coventry Gurdwara

Guest Guest

I DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A PUNJBAI BOY WHO DRINKS, CUTSS HIS HAIR, SMOKES, I.E MANMUKH COMPARED TO A GORA WHO DRINKS SMOKES, CUTS HIS HAIR AND SMOKES. THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS COLOUR OF SKIN. EITHER HAVE ANAND KARAJ FOR JUST AMRITDHARIS OR DONT AT ALL. FURTHERMORE PUNJBAIS DISRESPECT GURU JEE THE MOST BY DOING ANAND KARAJ WITH DASTAR AND BEARD AND THEN GO TO THE WEDDING TAKE PAGH OFF AND CUT HAIR. WHAT BIGGER MOCKERY CAN ANYONE EVER DO THAN THIS!!

Why are you even concerned with this issue? If those two wish to get married in a traditional Sikh wedding ceremony or decide to throw themselves in front of a moving train then it should not concern you so let them live in their life they way they want to live it. Personally I don't think this "Gora Christian" should have to become a bearded turbaned Sikh in order to marry her.

so get a life and worry about about your problems :@:@:@:@:@:@:@

I was at someone's house and saw a wedding card. I read the wedding card and it was for a "Sikh" girl marrying a Christian Gora.

According to what was written on the card... the wedding is taking place Sunday 24th May 2009 at "Ramgarhia Gurdwara Sikh Temple, 1103 Foleshill Road, Coventry, CV6 6EP".

To what I understand a Hukamnama has been issued that inter-faith marriages are not to be allowed by any Gurdwara and that in a meeting last year or something Gurdwaras across England agreed to follow the Hukamnama and not allow marriages with people of other faiths who don't believe Maharaaj and some don't even believe in God!

Is there a group who deals with these concerns?

According to Gurmat both the bride and groom should be Amritdharee, follow rehat, recite nitnem. BHai Sahib Singh Ji's rehatnama p.160, " Guru Gobind Singh Jee says that the Sikh who marrys to a Sikh and does not take any money, he is a true sikh of mine and will reach my abode in Sachkand"

So it does matter, very much that he is not a Sikh (regardless if he is a "punjabi" or Christian). Firstly it defies te Akal Thakat, secondly what is the point of a Gurmat ceremony if your not a sikh, do not beleive in the Guru, and do not live in the way Guru Ji has told us to. By Having the Anand Karaj you are beginging your "married" life with a lie and an insult to the Guru. As a general point grroms will grow their kesh tie a dastar appear in Maharaj's hazoori and then cut it off. Who are these people trying to fool? Guru Ji knows all, and if anything it is an insult to Guru Amar Das Ji.

Ramgarhia bashinggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

PUNJBAIS DISRESPECT GURU JEE THE MOST BY DOING ANAND KARAJ WITH DASTAR AND BEARD AND THEN GO TO THE WEDDING TAKE PAGH OFF AND CUT HAIR

trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

name and shame the gurdwaras
Now since you were so nice to me in the "singhnee with a tattoo" topic, I feel I should return the favour :D

For someone who got all worked up when I said "don't get your kachera in a knot" you sure are showing a lot of respect for a gurudwara :rolleyes:

But seriously, I get what you trying to imply, so I won't throw a childish remark your way, only if you could get what I was trying to imply in the other topic...which I said 2+ years ago, just thought I'd point that out as well.

• 3 years later...

hi all im so glad I've found this post. I'm a Sikh and I have been invited to a weddin a couple of months. I'm generally a very live and let live person but for the first time ever I have been feeling appalled by a wedding taking place at a gurdwara in Glasgow. an anand Karaj is going to be conducted for a Hindu couple at the gurdwara. it's really annoyed me as both the girl and boy do not believe in sikhi and and normally slag sikhi off but are only having this wedding here as a matter of convenience for them should this be allowed and what can we do to stop this?

please note I'm not noting this to be hateful but I'm a guru a sikh and I dont think that a Hindu boy and girl should be allowed to marry in a gurdwara just because it suits them not to sit in front of their havan! also the boys family believe that Sikhism is a joke so thus is a dis respect to our gurus. tge gurwara in question is 163 Nithsdale Road, glasgow. someone please stop this from happening. they should be married at a mandir

WAHEGURU !!!!! We have so many 84 warrior's who shout about but they can not keep their own home towns in order !!!!!! We used to have this problem but then all the NAUJAWAN's got together and warned the committee that this will not be tolerated, ever since that they have been behaving themselves maharaj kirpa !!!!!

It's everyones responsibilty to stop this BEADBI !!!!!!!!!

IF YOU ARE A SIKH AND A HUKAMANA HAS BEEN ISSUED BY SRI AKAL TAKHT SHAIB THEN NO WAY SHOULD WE BE QUESTIONING THE DECISION !!!!!!

END OF !!!!