Query

Tony

Fateh . . . .

Heard secondhand information:

Apparently this person from Amristar region went to do Hajj; and was asked to do seva there; who claims to have found out that inside the Kabba are the pavitar Kharavan (Slippers) of Guru Nanak Dev Ji; Apparently this person has written his findings in a book too.

Can the sangat assist me in finding more about this? Do you know if this is true? Have you heard anything about this? Do you know if such a book exists? Or is this all a hoax?

Appreicate comments/advise.

Fateh.. . . .

This is a genuine query so pls dont try and hijack and make this into something else.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ka'aba has been rebuilt a number of times since Guru Ji went to Mecca due to its poor design. In the pictures I've seen, there is nothing inside now, but there could have been in the past.

I've the same story about the Kharavan before.

Guest fordcapri

with all due respect, what use are slippers even if they are Guru Nanak jis ??

are you going to learn anything from them ???

they're just a form of protection for feet when walking.

get with it.

If you want no bout Guru Nanak dev jee then read what he and taught, not wasteng time with irrelvant things from

what will you gain ? nothing from slippers.

randon but said in bbc news that ancient mosques in mecca arent actually facing in the right way! lol

I have heard the slippers were brought back and kept in some Gurdwara Sahib in an area known as Bahawlpur now in Pakistan.

whats the point of keeping a great man's slippers for show ?? waste of time people are bowing to them, idol worship.

like i said if you want to no bout Guru Nanak dev jee then read what he wrote, dont look at his slippers, they might not even be his for all we no.

get with it.

If you want no bout Guru Nanak dev jee then read what he and taught, not wasteng time with irrelvant things from

what you gain nothing like slippers.

randon but said in bbc news that ancient mosques in mecca arent actually facing in the right way! lol

I have heard the slippers were brought back and kept in some Gurdwara Sahib in an area known as Bahawlpur now in Pakistan.

whats the point of keeping a great man's slippers for show ?? waste of time people are bowing to them, idol worship.

like i said if you want to no bout Guru Nanak dev jee then read what he wrote, dont look at his slippers, they might not even be his for all we no.

Its a matter of sentimental value.

Guest fordcapri

get with it.

what you gain nothing like slippers.

Its a matter of sentimental value.

One definition of the word sentimental - Resulting from or colored by emotion rather than reason or realism.

Above all Guru Nanaks’ philosophy is totally against this type of beliefs and rituals.

You are doing a un-justice to the great man.

When you regard Guru Nanak Deve Ji, as you put it - as a man, then I suppose the kharmma will mean nothing to you and I guess you will only pay lip service to his gurbani also, as there is no piyare there.

If however you regard Guru Nanak Dev Ji as your true father then his Gurbani is sweeter then honey, but everything else associated with Him is also of the utmost importance. Just to glimpse something that has even been touched by Guru Sahib Ji will have a great significance for you.

This is not idol worship - it shows a great lack of thinking when these terms are banded out at every opportunity - it is a matter of intense piyare for your father.

Fordcapri, do a little test yourself. If you are married take a picture of your wife or kids, if not take a picture of your mother or father, place it on the floor and stamp on it and cures it. Can you do that ? it is only paper and ink right ? Even if you manage to do it there will be something pulling at your heart that what you are doing in not right, why ?

Because even if the link is tenuous, there is still a link and a piyare and love for that person in the picture. This is not idol worship but love. In the same way Guru Nanak Dev Ji is our father and whatever belonged to him should have an intense link for us becuase we LOVE our father.