Khalistan?

S1ngh

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mehtab

according to my limited knowledge, Khalistan broadly defined means "land of the pure", and today it refers to Sikh nation or a country having Khalsa Raj. please correct me if i m wrong and shed some more light :i:

Guest SikhForLife

the world Khalsa in sikhi comes frm Kabeer jees shabad in which he described a pure person

one of the many examples would be on page 655

anyone can be a khalsa.. even non - sikhs..

but today we call an amrit thari Gursikh a khalsa...

khalistan would be the land of the pure as Rochack jee mentioned

^_^

guys.......i think the original question put by Vicky Bhajee was like about how the word developed.....WHO USED IT FIRST AND SO ON? when DID it become a part of Sikh freedom fight? i think this word is not found in puraatan sikh writtings....like from the Misl periode or before...or even Ranjit Singh's state......it was ALWAYS PUNJAB...or other geographical names...like Doaba, Majha and so on....

some years back, when i was first reading about Sikhi.....i got hold of a danish book written by Rudy Thomsen: "Sikherne; Relgion og Politikk"....The Sikhs: Religion and Politics.....i think this is the name.....offcourse she writes a lot about Khalistan and the Sikh struggle....she wrote that the word 'Khalistan' was first used by a Sikh scholar (or politician) called Bhatti.....i do not remember his full name or anything more......i promise i will find this book again and find it.......it will take some days though... i will juat come back here... :T:

Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer in his article about Sikh and Anti-Sikh scholars calls here a major anti-sikh scholar....so i do not know if we can trust her here....?

http://www.dilgeer.com/famous.htm

that reminds me of a book 'Sikh Struggle for Independence' by Dr. Dilgeer.....i got it....and i will check if he writes

anything about the origin of this word... rolleyes.gif