Guest fordcapri

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

Vaheguroo

I cant believe someone started a thread on beating up there kids

I really hope you never have any kids man!

I only read the first post so dont know what other people have replied,

But there are many organisations trying to stop child abuse and you are saying its ok.

What kind of parent would hit there child to cause there child pain.

As gursikhs we are never to break anyone's heart, but when beating a child you are not only hurting the phisicly but mentally aswell.

Its just disgusting you would even start a topic like this.

How about you just bring your child up in the right sangat and bring them up as a gursikh.

Children act how the people around them act, so how about beating yourself for not acting right?

Do you think your child will respect you more if you start beating them? NO THEY WONT! They will respect you even less, even start to hate you perhaps.

Its just another type of bullying, beating someone thinking they will give you repect.

How about you just bring them up in the right sangat. But if you think beating your child is the only way, then they defently wont be in the right sangat, infact look at all the punjabi kids, they are like that because there families are like that and there friends. There parents dont tell them that what you are doing is wrong and THEN EXPLAIN TO THEM why it is wrong, all they do is just shout, and most kids just dont listen to when someone is shouting at them, so that gets you no where, how about explaining, nobody is ever prepared to hear the kids side of the story aswell.

Anyways if anyone who thinks beating up there kids is right then I seriously hope you have or never have any kids!

Guest fordcapri

Vaheguroo

I cant believe someone started a thread on beating up there kids

I really hope you never have any kids man!

I only read the first post so dont know what other people have replied,

But there are many organisations trying to stop child abuse and you are saying its ok.

What kind of parent would hit there child to cause there child pain.

As gursikhs we are never to break anyone's heart, but when beating a child you are not only hurting the phisicly but mentally aswell.

Its just disgusting you would even start a topic like this.

How about you just bring your child up in the right sangat and bring them up as a gursikh.

Children act how the people around them act, so how about beating yourself for not acting right?

Do you think your child will respect you more if you start beating them? NO THEY WONT! They will respect you even less, even start to hate you perhaps.

Its just another type of bullying, beating someone thinking they will give you repect.

How about you just bring them up in the right sangat. But if you think beating your child is the only way, then they defently wont be in the right sangat, infact look at all the punjabi kids, they are like that because there families are like that and there friends. There parents dont tell them that what you are doing is wrong and THEN EXPLAIN TO THEM why it is wrong, all they do is just shout, and most kids just dont listen to when someone is shouting at them, so that gets you no where, how about explaining, nobody is ever prepared to hear the kids side of the story aswell.

Anyways if anyone who thinks beating up there kids is right then I seriously hope you have or never have any kids!

Your politically correct left wing Looney liberal beliefs are part the reason why there is no discipline or control over kids.

Someone mentioned Gurdwara Committee member given the responsibility to hit people's kids.

Not practical as you may have to arrange a time or may be inconvenient, unless they were to do a call out.

If its too stress full for the parents to dish out beating maybe a 3rs party should be brought in like a Uncle or respected member of the family some who install fear from there presence,

If its girl being disciplined and she has other sisters, the other sisters should be brought in to watch, a covert way of saying if step out of line the same will happen to you.

I recently went to a wedding, a kid threw a party popper at a dhol player who was a Singh it the Singhs bagh. The Dj jantha stopped the party; the father of the kid brought the kid out and gave the boy a beating in front of everyone.

The boy spent most of the wedding crying, teach him a lesson.

Ps I dont think party popper was ment to hit the bagh, cos they were throwing party poppers at the decks and speakers too.

Your politically correct left wing Looney liberal beliefs are part the reason why there is no discipline or control over kids.

Someone mentioned Gurdwara Committee member given the responsibility to hit people's kids.

Not practical as you may have to arrange a time or may be inconvenient, unless they were to do a call out.

If its too stress full for the parents to dish out beating maybe a 3rs party should be brought in like a Uncle or respected member of the family some who install fear from there presence,

If its girl being disciplined and she has other sister, the other sisters should be brought in to watch, a covert way of saying if step out of line the same will happen to you.

I recently went to a wedding, a kid threw a party popper at a dhol player who was a Singh it the Singhs bagh. The Dj jantha stopped the party; the father of the kid brought the kid out and gave the boy a beating in front of everyone.

Ps I don't think party pooper was ment to hit the bagh, cos they were throwing part poopers at the decks and speakers too.

Are you for real? I just read some of your topics and they are all totally ehmee to be truthful

Look at what you just said. Since when do singhs go to parties. If thats the type of sangat a kid is going to hang out with then yeh they will be naughty. And beating up a child just for throwing a thingy at someone, wow thats a massive crime innit, that kid shout be put in life imprisament or they should bring back capital punishment and give him the death sentance. Becouse there parents are really setting a amazing example for him by going to parties and drinking, getting drunk, eating animals that have been murderd, dancing around like bandars. Like throwing a party pooper is not as bad as eating a murded animal, or comiting suside by drinking.

And what now you want brothers and sisters to hit each other???!!! sorry but your just acting crazy now.

Sorry wannabe I am with fordcapri on this one.

Firstly, you need to take a chill pill and understand that most of us are just having a bit of a laugh so dont get ur kachera in a twist over nothing - nonone here is advocating child abuse. What we are advocating is the normal and natural method of chastisement that parents from all cultures have been using for thousands of years.

It is because of the soft, hippy and pseudo spiritual views of people like yourself that Sikh kids are becoming more and more besharam and going out drinking, dressing like slappers and bunking off school. If you look at any high achieving Sikh kid, who keeps Sikhi Saroop, who went to university and who is working in a top job, the one key asset he/she would have had is an atmosphere of strict discipline in the home. No pussyfooting, no phiolosphical debate just straight forward and firm discipline. You can count on that.

These new age hippy, Ghandi type values of pacisfism and non-violence that you are advocating are not Sikh values.

You sound like you are a solid Gursikh individual and I trust that you will want your kids to be strong Gursikhs, good citizens and high achieving individuals. If you do, I suggest that you shed some of these well-meaning but idealistic views that hitting children is morally wrong etc.

Personally, I will use whatever means necessary to bring my children up properly. I will smack my kids, not because I hate them or I get a power buzz out of it, I will do it because I love them and I want them to be good people.

Wanabe, I think you need to wake up and come into the real world.

Singh's do go to parties and so do Bibia! Go to central London on Saturday night and you will see Singh's, and yes I mean baptised ones. Go to Che-Bar and you may also see some Bibia, with Dastars on.

Apart from that go to any wedding and you are guaranteed to see some young Singh's and Bibia dancing like Bhandars and partying...and as for these 3HO lot, they are always partying and acting like Bhandars.

Back to the point, children, especially girls need to be diciplined in modern society.

It is the 21st century and we do need to start looking towards equal rights, and get away from the Bhaman culture intalled in us.

With regards to discipline, boys and girls should be disciplined in the same way.

I know of a Bibi who was messing about, she was then put in hospital by her brothers. This is the last means of trying to resolve the issue, and funnily enough it did work.

Kids. or teenagers should not be beaten by drunken parents who have nothing better to do. But they should be disciplined. Go out to the clubs, and speak to all the dirty girls who are falling over drunk, and ask them if they were ever hit by their parents...I think you will find the majority of them will say "NO WAY, we have got modern parents who love us!" Which basically means, my parents are both probably cheating on each other and have not got time for me.

Psychologists, such as Toni, have discussed this in great detail, and say there are three key factors in raising a child:

1) The parents should both have the same ideas as to what forms a good marriage

2) The parents should have the same thoughts as how they intend to bring up their child

3) They should enforce strict rules and boundaries that the child should not break

You notice something???

LOVE is not mentioned. Why? Because even parents who sexually abuse their own children still profess to loving that child.

Discipline is not the key to bringing your children, however, it is an important factor.

Guest fordcapri

If its girl being disciplined and she has other sister, the other sisters should be brought in to watch, a covert way of saying if step out of line the same will happen to you.

Ps I don't think party pooper was ment to hit the bagh, cos they were throwing part poopers at the decks and speakers too.

Are you for real? I just read some of your topics and they are all totally ehmee to be truthful

Look at what you just said. Since when do singhs go to parties. If thats the type of sangat a kid is going to hang out with then yeh they will be naughty. And beating up a child just for throwing a thingy at someone, wow thats a massive crime innit, that kid shout be put in life imprisament or they should bring back capital punishment and give him the death sentance. Becouse there parents are really setting a amazing example for him by going to parties and drinking, getting drunk, eating animals that have been murderd, dancing around like bandars. Like throwing a party pooper is not as bad as eating a murded animal, or comiting suside by drinking.

And what now you want brothers and sisters to hit each other???!!! sorry but your just acting crazy now.

Singhs do and can attend wedding functions, and what, its social, they dont have to booze and dance , theres more to a wedding than that.

That kid who threw the party poper he wont do that again

Singh's do go to parties and so do Bibia! Go to central London on Saturday night and you will see Singh's, and yes I mean baptised ones. Go to Che-Bar and you may also see some Bibia, with Dastars on.

Apart from that go to any wedding and you are guaranteed to see some young Singh's and Bibia dancing like Bhandars and partying...and as for these 3HO lot, they are always partying and acting like Bhandars.

Back to the point, children, especially girls need to be diciplined in modern society.

It is the 21st century and we do need to start looking towards equal rights, and get away from the Bhaman culture intalled in us.

With regards to discipline, boys and girls should be disciplined in the same way.

I know of a Bibi who was messing about, she was then put in hospital by her brothers. This is the last means of trying to resolve the issue, and funnily enough it did work.

Kids. or teenagers should not be beaten by drunken parents who have nothing better to do. But they should be disciplined. Go out to the clubs, and speak to all the dirty girls who are falling over drunk, and ask them if they were ever hit by their parents...I think you will find the majority of them will say "NO WAY, we have got modern parents who love us!" Which basically means, my parents are both probably cheating on each other and have not got time for me.

Psychologists, such as Toni, have discussed this in great detail, and say there are three key factors in raising a child:

1) The parents should both have the same ideas as to what forms a good marriage

2) The parents should have the same thoughts as how they intend to bring up their child

3) They should enforce strict rules and boundaries that the child should not break

You notice something???

LOVE is not mentioned. Why? Because even parents who sexually abuse their own children still profess to loving that child.

Discipline is not the key to bringing your children, however, it is an important factor.

Round of applause

I think God is the bestower of virtue, the giver of discipline. Thats why some kids are more mature than their parents.

The true way to make a kid disciplined is not hitting them, that may only be short term, and when kids get older, they always want revenge on parents.

Instill the fear of God into children, beat them up only if the disrespect the Guru. If they disrespect you, then just take it. I don't think the Guru's would hit their children. Life is better when you think about what God might do, if you do not obey him. As you get older you may start to forget being scared of God, thinking he doesn't do anything, well that is the start of all pain to come. Make sure your child is scared of not obeying the Guru. I use to be so scared of the Guru's, now that fear is lost and life sucks. There can be no love without fear.

If a child is hit by accident, please video it, and put it on youtube.

p.s if children are scared of Guru, they wont even think of doing anything wrong, they would never argue with you etc. There would just be love. The fear of God dispells all other fears! So why not meditate on him

exactly, insert strong values into a kid and you wont need to hit. its simple as that.

But remember prevention is the cure, lets not think about them doing something wrong, then hitting them to resolve it. Lets think about telling them from the start. If a child is brought up with good values, it will not go astray.

The way to do this is to tell children sakhis of the Guru's and our history. Put the love of God into them. This way they would never even think about doing something wrong.

Hitting should be the very very last resort. Personally i don't think any child needs to be hit. But it is the adults. The sikhs as mentioned in a previous post, go out to bars, in the Guru's roop, misrepresenting Sikhi and our Guru's, these are the kind of people that need to be hit. Seriously how dare anyone take The Guru's roop for granted. If i ever saw an amritdhari going into a club of somesort, i would pull out their own kirpan and stab them with it! aaah that makes me mad hearing about stuff like that. Children are innocent and still learning, but adults, they are the ones who need to be tought a lesson. Forget hitting the children man, if your going to punish some punish the ones, that know the diffference between right and wrong, yet they still choose to do wrong.

It is easy to speak to someone with love, especially a child. And they will listen, if you are sincere. A child can be told off with love. I don't know if you ever watched super nanny but, theres other ways to pinush a child than hitting. For example you can lock them up in a room, or whatever, take away there toys or something. All those things are less cruel. But these adult sikhs or even ones in their teens, well if they can't learn with love, then i suppose there is no choice but to hit. In the end however you are hitting them because you love them, and you don't them to be a failure in life. But don't start the hitting of children at an early age. Because it produces krodh, and hate. And never hit someone for personal gain, only hit if they are being disrepectful of Guru.

So final thoughts are preventionn is the cure, start with teaching at an early age, of what is moral. Hitting comes as a last resort. But not to a child whose life could be made mentally unstable. Also when people hit sometimes they are missing the point. You may hit someone, but you also have to tell them what they did wrong, and that you are only trying to help them. Just hitting them, well even if you have a reason, the other person might not know why you are hitting them, thats why it might produce rage, and have the opposite effect.

Communication is the key. And communication with Guru is the best. Do this from early on and no evil can get in your way. Leave it too late, then you have to resort to some dangerous things. Best to avoid these as much as you can. BUT for God's sake never use hitting as a first resort, as what i have been hearing on here.

When girls from Sikh/Panjabi backgrounds act hoey (i.e. quite frequently), they should get less pampering and more of this kind of treatment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/apr/0...nquiry-pakistan