Hitting Children

Guest fordcapri

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry fordcapri, but you are nuts, you talked about some kid who got beaten for chucking a popper at someone, hes a CHILD, he's meant to mess about, it doesn't mean he is going to turn into a murderer. Like wanabe said if the right gursikhi is instilled from a young age, theres no chance of any wrongdoing and no need for such crap. And don't get me wrong I do see a place for a slap if its something really bad like disrespecting parents, but some punjabi parents are nothing but abusers, im thankful my parents were not like that (and no, I'm not a drug dealer).

if you use hitting and the only way to disipline kids they'll find way's to hide things from their parants, believe me i know everyone in my age group got hit and all they learned to do was how to hide the bad stuff from parants

have open communication with both son's and daughters teach them a strong work ethic good morals build up their self esteem and disipline them as in take away things from them and i think sometimes its ok to smack the son just to make him a man so he doesn't grow up as a cry baby.

If you want to talk about disiplining daughters their our classes now in vancouver to help young punjabi and other indo canadian girls build up their self esteem, and one thing that needs to be done is we need to destroy this cultural thinking of how the boy is favoured over the girl the boy is raised and given everything and the girl is a burden on the family cause this destroy's a girls self esteem, making her feel like a prisoner makes them rebel, what parants need to do is build their daughters self esteem teach them good morals have open communication with them and trust them and

and if a girl has a close relationship with her parants she isn't going to do anything that could risk shaming her parants, she'll think about her parants first

now most these girls who drink go to party after party jumping from guy to guy and sleeping with different men running away from home doing drugs usually have low self esteem and don't have the best relationship with their family's

I havent got a sister !!

I no not all Sikh familiys are like what you mentioned,but the fact is that there are, i dont no the stats, but i do no that dectives, survalance and beating girls are a practial logical solution.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

either you have totally lost the plot or you are so bored that you are just saying any random thing that comes into your mind. You should know, boys are alot worse then girls, girls just get more attention. I have never seen a singh or singhnee who has been brought up corectly in gursikh families act badly at all, however all the people that do act bad are the people in messed up famlies. Im really glad you dont have a sister becouse she would have been really unhappy if you hired a detective after her and beat her. And also whats it to you what other people are like. If you dont know them personaly and are not related to you, then its non of your busness what other people do. The amount of time you try to persuade people that they should beat kids, hire private detectives for there daughters and sisters and all the other rubish you have posted, why dont you read some stuff in the gurbanee forums, or read some sakhees, there are 1000's of sakhees on this forum. How about concentrateing on your own rehit, instead of trying to mess up other peoples jeevans. Most people wont listen to the rubish you post, but there are a few people who will and you are just makeing there jeevens worse by telling them to beat there kids and sisters. What kind of person would beat their sister up?! Just but out of other peoples lives, let them do what they want to do and keep your bakwaas to yourself.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

:goodpost: very well said.. i couldn't agree more

I cannot believe that somone would stoop so low as to have a personal swipe at ford capri.

It is none or your business whether Ford Capri has a sister or not. And how can you be so rude as to imply that perhaps he comes from a disfunctional family. Have you no Respect???

Why are you disrespecting a fellow Sikh's family or background?

I think you should apologise, no matter whether you agree or disagree with his views, I have never read a post where he has directly disrepected anybody's family. Even when you made that comment Ford Capri did not stoop so low as to disresepct your family.

You talk about Jeevans, maybe you should have a look at your own and stop putting down other peoples families.

I hope Maharaj forgives the other people for the comments that were made about Panjabi parents.

Panjabi parents are better than Goreh parents, who have sex with their children and end up being fathers to their grandchildren!

How can you label a whole Country as being abusers and child beaters?

My parents are Panjabi, are you disrespecting them as well?

Who has gave the most Kurbania for the Panth...Panjabi born people.

Where is our Phind (Anandpur Sahib)...Panjab.

Where do most of these people with amazing Jeevans come from...Panjab.

I cannot think of one British born, Canadian born or American born Sikh who has gave their live for the Panth. Not all the Shaheeds were Gursikhs, some actually were Panjabi.

I feel ashamed to be apart of a community, British Born Sikh's, who are so hell bent on disrespecting their parents and ancestors...shame on you!

I agree with some of the earlier comments made by Bhai Harjeet Singh, nonetheless, I think it is unfair to disrespect people, that when you turn up empty handed at their doorstep, they will welcome you with open arms and feed you with nothing but pure love...that is the Panjabi culture.

The reason, I feel, ford capri brings up issues like these is because he feels the pain that many of us feel when we see our Panth going down the way it is.

He perhaps does not use Gurbani or complexed theories to back up his thoughts but that is the way Vaheguru created him. I applaud anyone who actually takes out their time to think of ways that can improve the sorry state we are in. It is better than ignoring what is happening out in the real world.

And as for Jeevans, anyone who has stayed with Mahapurakh or Sants will understand that it is their unconditional love that can bring you closer to Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj. However, mess about or disprespect them and you will get a stern SLAP.

This is not a form of abuse, but a form of discipline. It would be for our benefit.

This is what I think Ford Capri is getting at. Discipline can make a world of difference, especially in Kalyug.