Addiction To Lust.

Guest Need_Help_ASAP

Guest Guest

Sex is not required to be suppress in Sikhism. You can take examples of our gurus. Most of them have married and live active sex life.

It is in Hinduism where suppression of sex is prominent. RSS people cannot marry whole life.

As for “lust” ( I understand it is curiosity at young age of 16+). That phase will pass by anyway. Important thing is you do your action within rule of law.

Still if you measure that this lust is making you deviate from Normal life. As it is all in mind. You can deviate by reading books or sports activity

Guest Guest

WJKK WJKF

The key to combat lust is to keep the mind occupied, so find a good hobby like playing instruments etc etc. and do it when your free.

WJKK WJKF

seva and smran !!! go to gurdwara and do nishkam sewa

Really depends on your will power my younger and married brother go to the Gurdwara to check out galz which I think is so degrading. Think of everyone as your brother and sister like the Guruz say............... all on you man!!

Satnaam

seva and smran !!! go to gurdwara and do nishkam sewa

Really depends on your will power my younger and married brother go to the Gurdwara to check out galz which I think is so degrading. Think of everyone as your brother and sister like the Guruz say............... all on you man!!

Satnaam

Oh yeah, good point, going to the Gurdwara could potentially make it worse. But Ardas and Simran never fail. Oh and im not saying don't go the Gurdwara, but just don't do seva if it means your going to get distracted, because that could actually make it worse.

Guest Guest

Veer ji,

It is the most difficult task to control lust. I am not sure if your friend wants to completely abstain or control it to some extent. It is a slow process of change and requires very strong resolve which is only granted by Guru's grace. An Ardas from the heart, keeping God in mind, will not go in vain. Besides that, in my humble opinion, the mind requires a lot of beating - and in the end we want to control our minds as Sikhs. It is not easy, and I am sure that if he has thought about it, and wants to take a step back, he is on the right track. A practical solution secondary to Ardas may be reducing masturbation times, for example from a greater number to a slightly lesser number in a week - and slowly. For example, if he is used to x number of times, it is a good idea to come down to x-2 in earlier stages and slowly reduce it down further after a month or two, once the first condition (x-2) is satisfied. As I said, it is a slow process and requires a lot of hammering.

Hope this helped.

- Lowest

Guest PeaceX

Gurfateh,

Question dear brother are you fighting lust or fuelling it?

Ok...fighting it i hear you say....But are you really??

...well bear with me, lust is one of the 5 'devils' that tries to keep us as slaves. Theres a part of us that fights them but there is something else inside us call it 'the dirt of many lifetimes' /nature/age etc that likes them to hang around. So you do ardas, parth, seva, etc to beg Guru ji to help this paapi to overcome such thoughts...BUT the problem doen'st go away...just get bigger and more controlling....you think hey up ive done the ardas but why is God not listening, has Guru ji given up on me???or am i not doing the ardas right???

...what now

Look and assess our actions..do we watch sex scenes from movies/TV over and over again. Do we look at things inappropriate on the internet/TV?? Do we let our minds wander to the extent that if our thoughts were displayed on a projector (for all to see) would we feel proud or ashamed???

If we engross our senses in the lust...ie. read, watch, listen, talk, think about sex...are we really fighting it....I mean if we prayed to Guru Ji to help us lose weight ...and then went and scoffed 10 Tesco's finest jumbo doughnuts..well the weight ain't gonna just fall off

We have to take that one step towards our Guru Ji...sacrifice those actions and senses that we so readily dedicate to lust...the rest will follow....it will take effort..some days maybe worse than others....focus consciously on your thoughts ..don't punish yourself if you have a blip

...don't just think you can beat it...know it...and most importantly don't stop doing ardas,

I hope this helps...

PeaceX

• 1 year later...

PeaceX . thank you very much , I really found Ur tips very helpful . Ive been suffering from this problem for a while now and everytime the 'pleasure' is over I feel so guilty and make promises to never do it again . But something makes me do it again and again . Do u think I'll be punished by Waheguru for this ?

PeaceX . thank you very much , I really found Ur tips very helpful . Ive been suffering from this problem for a while now and everytime the 'pleasure' is over I feel so guilty and make promises to never do it again . But something makes me do it again and again . Do u think I'll be punished by Waheguru for this ?

I thought you said your friend was suffering from the problem? ;)